OT: But I HAVE to have smart basketball fans opine

BADGERVOL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2019 at 9:41 PM, BADGERVOL said:

I love how people like you assume vertical leaps have gone up 25% in the past 20 years and guys didn’t lift weights back then or something. Antonio McDyss (sp?) was 6’10” and had something like a 42-44 inch vertical. Shawn Kemp? Shawn Marion?! Scottie Pippen was north of a 40 as well. Karl Malone was such a tank it’s off the charts how solid he was and his workout routine was known across the NBA and other sports as pure insanity. Allen Iverson? There is NO ONE in the NBA as quick as he was. He was a top 5 HS football player just like Lebron was.

today there are a TON of great athletes and yesterday there were too. I’m not saying today’s players are NOT athletic but it’s pure insanity to say the 80s and 90s didn’t have good athletes. That’s nonsense.

Of course there were amazing athletes in the 80s, but top to bottom it wasn't the same. The advances we've made in nutrition and excercise science in the past 40 years has made the league more athletic top to bottom. 

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Didn't they have Russell on Jordan more than Hornaceck?

More, sure, but Hornaceck still matched up to him a fair amount. I doubt in four times the Warriors have played against LeBron in the Finals they ever had Curry matched up on LeBron; if Curry has guarded him it's been a switch or transition. 

The Warriors have three elite defenders they can put on LBJ, plus Durant the past two years. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

More, sure, but Hornaceck still matched up to him a fair amount. I doubt in four times the Warriors have played against LeBron in the Finals they ever had Curry matched up on LeBron; if Curry has guarded him it's been a switch or transition. 

The Warriors have three elite defenders they can put on LBJ, plus Durant the past two years. 

Why would they though? Regardless of who they are, matching up a not-overly-big guard against a 6'8" forward isn't going to work all that well.

I'd say the Warriors would take the same approach with Jordan's Bulls. Keep Klay/Green on Jordan, Curry on Harper.

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Why would they though? Regardless of who they are, matching up a not-overly-big guard against a 6'8" forward isn't going to work all that well.

I'd say the Warriors would take the same approach with Jordan's Bulls. Keep Klay/Green on Jordan, Curry on Harper.

I agree, I'm not the one who brought that up though. 

Archived