Duke

rico

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Holding pattern for me.  Could it have happened? Absolutely. Is there any public knowledge available at the moment aside from one individual's claim? No.

I am concerned that this might be a "Gold digger" thing.  But the Virginia stuff is making national news, but the Duke stuff getting shoved to the back burner.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

I am concerned that this might be a "Gold digger" thing.  But the Virginia stuff is making national news, but the Duke stuff getting shoved to the back burner.

The thing that gets me is that Maggette is an oddly specific target. Only at Duke one year. Wasn't the biggest star on that team in college. Had a solid but not superstar level NBA career. Is a name sports fans would probably recognize, but not exactly a household name either. Pretty good net worth, but not infinitely wealthy.

To me, it means one of two things. Either he's the ideal target if someone were to fake something like this. Or, since he's not exactly a top-of-mind name, there is a reason he's being named.

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The thing that gets me is that Maggette is an oddly specific target. Only at Duke one year. Wasn't the biggest star on that team in college. Had a solid but not superstar level NBA career. Is a name sports fans would probably recognize, but not exactly a household name either. Pretty good net worth, but not infinitely wealthy.

To me, it means one of two things. Either he's the ideal target if someone were to fake something like this. Or, since he's not exactly a top-of-mind name, there is a reason he's being named.

Well it is kind of ironic that Justin Fairfax is involved in this as well....he be a Duke grad.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

It makes it harder to believe when it takes this long to get it out.  Probably shouldn’t say that but that’s how I feel.  Granted I have never been through anything even close to that traumatic. If it’s true I hope he pays big time.  If it’s false hope she pays equally as much.

Nothing wrong with saying that at.  And I feel the same way, but then I think Jerry Sandusky and Penn St.

Another thing I think a lot of people have forgotten about is the Maggette took money from his AAU coach before he ever played a game for the Pukies.  Corey actually signed a legal document stating as much.  Duke got nothing from that.  Maggot(as I will refer to him now on) does have a history with wrong doing.  

As far as the rape allegations.  One has to wonder if Maggot and Fairfax were at the same party when these incidents took place.  I am also hearing that she told Duke authorities about the both incidents.  I dunno.

I read the accuser took the claim of Maggette to the Duke administration and they did nothing.  She then says because of that she didn’t make a claim on Fairfax because she felt they wouldn’t do anything again.

To me Facebook messages and emails are nothing.  Facebook wasn’t even around when this happened so it would be comments she made years later, so not much to back that up.  I think having people that she confided in at the time or if they can show Duke covered it up at the time would give the accusation more weight.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:31 PM, rico said:

Another thing I think a lot of people have forgotten about is the Maggette took money from his AAU coach before he ever played a game for the Pukies.  Corey actually signed a legal document stating as much.  Duke got nothing from that.  Maggot(as I will refer to him now on) does have a history with wrong doing.  

As far as the rape allegations.  One has to wonder if Maggot and Fairfax were at the same party when these incidents took place.  I am also hearing that she told Duke authorities about the both incidents.  I dunno.

Actually, this is one I'll side with Magette on. Aside from the AAU incident, there really isn't much negative press about him (this notwithstanding). Not as if he has a history of drug abuse or other violent incidents.

I won't say he has a history of wrong doing over one situation involving bad judgment when he was 17-18, because if that were the criteria, 3/4s of the planet would also have a "history of wrong doing".

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, this is one I'll side with Magette on. Aside from the AAU incident, there really isn't much negative press about him (this notwithstanding). Not as if he has a history of drug abuse or other violent incidents.

I won't say he has a history of wrong doing over one situation involving bad judgment when he was 17-18, because if that were the criteria, 3/4s of the planet would also have a "history of wrong doing".

The thing is...Duke skated.  You can side with Corey.  

2 minutes ago, rico said:

The thing is...Duke skated.  You can side with Corey.  

I absolutely agree that Duke should have had some type of punishment for that (hell, something is better than the nothing they got). But, the anger for that gets directed at the NCAA (No Clue At All).

I won't make a character judgment on a person because the NCAA screwed up (again).

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I absolutely agree that Duke should have had some type of punishment for that (hell, something is better than the nothing they got). But, the anger for that gets directed at the NCAA (No Clue At All).

I won't make a character judgment on a person because the NCAA screwed up (again).

Fair enough.

Archived