Did you know !!!!!!!!!!

Per yew. has matched last year's Loss total with road games at Indiana , Nebraska , Minnesota , and Northwestern left ! pee yew is 3&5 on the road this year ! The schedule was on pee yew side early , But not now ! They will Lose more than 7 times , as I predicted before this season started ! PS , they still have to play in the B10 post season tournament and th e NCAA tournnament ! That's Two more losses ! So ,I still say they will end i with Ten losses or more !!

13 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Per yew. has matched last year's Loss total with road games at Indiana , Nebraska , Minnesota , and Northwestern left ! pee yew is 3&5 on the road this year ! The schedule was on pee yew side early , But not now ! They will Lose more than 7 times , as I predicted before this season started !

Awfully hard for me to get excited about a Purdue loss with the current state of affairs that is Indiana Basketball.  I do love you dislike of the Toiletmakers 

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Billingsley , please re-read my entire post above ! PS without the injuries , I beieve Indiana would have a better won lost record than pee yew ! We will never know !

My great grandma God rest her soul used to say, "if ands and buts were candy and nuts we would have a party."  Grandpa would follow up with, "If frogs had wings there asses would not hit the ground when they jump."  

I can say all those excuses to my Purdue buddies but when then send a pic of PU at the top of the conference and us at the bottom that is all that matters.  

Side not for you HTD. My best friend is a PU grad and when the women's team won the national championship I sent him a then VHS recording of it with a nice homemade banner letting him know that would be the only 1 he would ever see in his lifetime. He and I go back and forth and unfortunately I am on the receiving end far too long and am tired of it. I follow you in the hate for that school I promise you that. 

5 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Per yew. has matched last year's Loss total with road games at Indiana , Nebraska , Minnesota , and Northwestern left ! pee yew is 3&5 on the road this year ! The schedule was on pee yew side early , But not now ! They will Lose more than 7 times , as I predicted before this season started ! PS , they still have to play in the B10 post season tournament and th e NCAA tournnament ! That's Two more losses ! So ,I still say they will end i with Ten losses or more !!

The schedule was on Purdue's side early?  Even though we played the majority of the top teams in the league?

Congrats I guess?  I don't even think most rational Purdue fans expected Purdue to be looking at a possible 3/4 seed in the NCAA tournament after losing 4 senior starters.  Painter has done a really good job so far this year to get Purdue in this position.  We have one of the toughest schedules in the country so it's not like we've been playing cupcakes and winning.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The schedule was on Purdue's side early?  Even though we played the majority of the top teams in the league?

Congrats I guess?  I don't even think most rational Purdue fans expected Purdue to be looking at a possible 3/4 seed in the NCAA tournament after losing 4 senior starters.  Painter has done a really good job so far this year to get Purdue in this position.  We have one of the toughest schedules in the country so it's not like we've been playing cupcakes and winning.

Painter is doing a good job with basically a one man team. They won't do anything in the tourney again, but we'd certainly switch positions with you. 

15 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Painter is doing a good job with basically a one man team. They won't do anything in the tourney again, but we'd certainly switch positions with you. 

As stated in another thread Purdue had guys back.  They weren't starters but got plenty of playing time.  Haarms, Eifert, Eastern, and Cline have stepped right in and they didn't miss a beat.  Add to it Williams and some other frosh that are playing quite well in the minutes they get.  I would say Painter has a pretty well rounded club......their one downfall might be that Carsen tries to do too much.

1 hour ago, rico said:

....their one downfall might be that Carson tries to do too much.

Agree.  He takes some of the craziest circus shots sometimes and not surprisingly, despite scoring a lot of points, his efficiency has suffered.  He's now dropped his field goal percentage from 45.8% last season to 40.6% while raising his attempts per game from 13.5 to 19.4 a game this season.  Last night was the first time in awhile that it bit him though.  He would have been better off in the 2nd half being a facilitator, rather than taking a bunch of difficult contested shots.  He might have lit a fire under Maryland when he dunked in the first half and mugged at them going back down the floor.  Then again, it probably didn't make much difference.  After scoring 17 in the first half, it's no surprise he got a lot of attention in the 2nd.  He's going to have to learn to dish more to be really effective at the next level, because if he thinks Maryland's defenders are good...

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree.  He takes some of the craziest circus shots sometimes and not surprisingly, despite scoring a lot of points, his efficiency has suffered.  He's now dropped his field goal percentage from 45.8% last season to 40.6% while raising his attempts per game from 13.5 to 19.4 a game this season.  Last night was the first time in awhile that it bit him though.  He would have been better off in the 2nd half being a facilitator, rather than taking a bunch of difficult contested shots.  He might have lit a fire under Maryland when he dunked in the first half and mugged at them going back down the floor.  Then again, it probably didn't make much difference.  After scoring 17 in the first half, it's no surprise he got a lot of attention in the 2nd.  He's going to have to learn to dish more to be really effective at the next level, because if he thinks Maryland's defenders are good...

Great player with skills, but there are pieces around him.  And every team is going to target him(as you have said in the past), he needs to get past this "hero" stuff and play the game.  

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious what your definition of “won’t do anything in the tourney again” is. 

I'd be more curious what your definition of success in tourney would be. Last 8 years Painter has 2 S16's, 2 First Round Exits, 2 Second Round Exits, and 2 years he didn't make tourney at all. Add those up and the average is somewhere around what win 1 game and out? 

If I were a Purdue fan I'd be ecstatic with a S16 because that's as far as Porky has ever gone. What say you?

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd be more curious what your definition of success in tourney would be. Last 8 years Painter has 2 S16's, 2 First Round Exits, 2 Second Round Exits, and 2 years he didn't make tourney at all. Add those up and the average is somewhere around what win 1 game and out? 

If I were a Purdue fan I'd be ecstatic with a S16 because that's as far as Porky has ever gone. What say you?

I think it depends on the year. Last year, I expected at worst a S16 and probably an Elite 8 but that was before Haas got hurt. This year after losing what we lost before the season, I’d probably have said make the tournament and win a game or two possibly. Wouldn’t have expected a S16 going into the year with all the question marks. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I say I love bacon.

54 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious what your definition of “won’t do anything in the tourney again” is. 

Well with his best teams, they get to the Sweet Sixteen. So with this team, I see round of 32. Don't get me wrong though, IU would kill to make it to the tourney, let alone to win a game. 

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Well with his best teams, they get to the Sweet Sixteen. So with this team, I see round of 32. 

That wouldn’t surprise me. It sucks that of all of his best teams, I think only one didn’t have a significant injury. The what could’ve been is annoying. Two Hummel years and then Haas last year. 

Archived