If we go 0-7 (which could happen) to close out the year..

I have no idea as to how this team will finish out the season. It certainly has been a roller coaster.  What started out with so much promise turned into a Black January. Not the least in part to more than our share of injuries. Which necessitated in players like Juwan playing out of position.  And what once was a confident bunch.... the confidence turned to mush.  Yet, through all that the team showed grit and confidence in winning on the road at Michigan State. 

One thing I do know.... consider what the team and coach have faced to this point... and regardless of how the season ends..... coach should stay. 

Oh, by the way.  Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

14 minutes ago, Candystripes_56 said:

Do we lose CAM ? Based on the goals of our program against early CAM projections. Let me be clear: I love the guy. 

No way. If this team had no injuries and we had this type of performance, then his seat might be hot at the end of this year, but with all the injuries no way he's fired. Like @dbmhoosier said if we miss the dance for a 3rd straight year I would think his seat would be really hot and he'd be coaching for his job in year 4. 

Hopefully, next season goes well and all of this gets put to rest. Would hate to go through another coaching change so soon and can't imagine that we'd bring in a sure-fire improvement over Archie.

He will most likely 5 to 6 years years due to his contract and the buy out.  The article doesn't have any information on how or why they could fire him with cause so i can't say anything to that.

"In the event IU wished to buy out Miller's contract, it would owe him 100 percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022, and 50 percent of his remaining salary thereafter, through the life of the contract."

He makes roughly 3.35 million a year with possibilities of bonus for difference performance

from June 2017 https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/06/27/archie-millers-first-iu-contract-worth-least-24-million/431329001/

Milehiiu, thank you! I'm a classic, longtime viewer/first-time poster. I appreciate you officially welcoming me to the board and all the work you do for us fans. 

Cybergates, I respectfully disagree. Going back to the Marquette game, we were limited to a starting freshmen backcourt (both their first big game), no ZM, no DG, and a limited DD. If you watch the tape, or at least the highlights, we have a much different product on the floor than we do now. Basically in every area we have digressed. I don't necessarily thing the Mich St game was a fluke, I think it was just the first time we played passionately and purposefully to our potential since... the Marquette game. 

Granted, I am only a 28 y/o poster here. I'm assuming most of the board has years on me haha

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He will most likely 5 to 6 years years due to his contract and the buy out.  The article doesn't have any information on how or why they could fire him with cause so i can't say anything to that.

"In the event IU wished to buy out Miller's contract, it would owe him 100 percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022, and 50 percent of his remaining salary thereafter, through the life of the contract."

He makes roughly 3.35 million a year with possibilities of bonus for difference performance

from June 2017 https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/06/27/archie-millers-first-iu-contract-worth-least-24-million/431329001/

Didn't even consider how big the buyout would be. I know it'd be big, but, yeah, maybe too early to go separate ways

1 minute ago, Candystripes_56 said:

I don't necessarily thing the Mich St game was a fluke, I think it was just the first time we played passionately and purposefully to our potential since... the Marquette game. 

If this is true then i am ever more disappointed in this team and coach.  If you can't give 100% every game, even if you're losing, you don't deserve to be in the floor

1 hour ago, Candystripes_56 said:

Do we lose CAM ? Based on the goals of our program against early CAM projections. Let me be clear: I love the guy. 

This might be a good time to revisit the reactions to IU hiring CAM in 2017. This from a Gary Parrish article. Out of a survey of 100 college coaches, the largest number (38%) said IU made the best coaching hire that year. Here are Parrish's comments from the article:

I always assumed Archie Miller would be the No. 1 answer to this question by a significant margin -- if only because he's long been universally respected by his peers, an obvious coaching star in the making. From coast to coast, people just think he's great. The men who work for him think he's great. And there's really no obvious reason he won't have Indiana competing at, or near, the top of the Big Ten in time.

In fact, several weeks back, I was a guest on an Indiana-focused podcast, and the host asked the following question: "If Archie Miller fails at Indiana, what will be the reason?" Simple question, right? And yet the question caught me completely off-guard because I'd never even considered the possibility. Honest to God, I've never once even considered the possibility that Miller won't be great at IU.

That's the best compliment I could give him.

I think he's a home run hire.

As I've said many times, I was not a fan of Indiana removing Tom Crean after an injury-plagued season that followed an outright Big Ten title. But once Indiana did it, Indiana could not have done better than hiring Archie Miller. My expectations are very, very high.

Honestly… I don’t think we should stop at 0-7.  Honestly speaking to the original poster let’s be serious here!  0-7  is a complete given at this point correct? So let’s go beyond that. Let’s assume that CAM  is also under the surface a part of an illegal activity that is feeding information to Iran so that they can nuclear detonate some type of a device inside of the core of the continental United States of America. This is beyond Indiana basketball at this point… We are talking about matters of national security. Does Fred Glass as our athletic director have the leadership capabilities to fire a coach when the entire United States government sees him as a traitor? This is really where we should be putting our time and energy as a message board. Because it’s quite possible isn’t it?!

Any of the mods on this site can attest to the fact that I was growing so overly negative towards Crean that I needed to be held in check on this message board. Actually the previous message board… 

Even myself, a self-proclaimed person who can eventually get to a point where they pile on a coach isn’t anywhere close to calling for the head of our head coach at Indiana University. I am a hyper sensitive fan who is totally within the realms of firing a coach the moment I think that they have no even myself, a self-proclaimed person who can eventually get to a point where they pile on a coach isn’t anywhere close to calling for the head of our head coach at Indiana University. I am a hyper sensitive fan who is totally within the realms of firing a coach the moment I think that they have Gone beyond a reasonable level of expectation. And even I am not even close to calling for his head. All of this negativity is absolutely ticking me off beyond believe. Just take a season off! Go away! Have a beer! Chill out!

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Honestly… I don’t think we should stop at 0-7.  Honestly speaking to the original poster let’s be serious here!  0-7  is a complete given at this point correct? So let’s go beyond that. Let’s assume that CAM  has also under the surface been a part of an illegal activity that is feeding information to Iran so that they can nuclear detonate some type of a device inside of the core of the continental United States of America. This is beyond Indiana basketball at this point… We are talking about matters of national security. Does Fred Glass as our athletic director have the leadership capabilities to fire a coach when the entire United States government sees him as a traitor? This is really where we should be putting our time and energy as a message board. Because it’s quite possible isn’t it?!

Are you drinking this morning?  Do i need to call you a doctor, maybe you're having a stroke? :P 

Badgervol. You've mischaracterized my thread, my friend. Just a hypothetical. Just a talking point. 

Side note: the most alarming part of this season maybe our jerseys? Can we pleaseee get the candy stripe trim back. For heaven sakes, if not, at least get rid of Adidas and hire designer from kilroys. (partially satirical, partially serious)

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This might be a good time to revisit the reactions to IU hiring CAM in 2017. This from a Gary Parrish article. Out of a survey of 100 college coaches, the largest number (38%) said IU made the best coaching hire that year. Here are Parrish's comments from the article:

I always assumed Archie Miller would be the No. 1 answer to this question by a significant margin -- if only because he's long been universally respected by his peers, an obvious coaching star in the making. From coast to coast, people just think he's great. The men who work for him think he's great. And there's really no obvious reason he won't have Indiana competing at, or near, the top of the Big Ten in time.

In fact, several weeks back, I was a guest on an Indiana-focused podcast, and the host asked the following question: "If Archie Miller fails at Indiana, what will be the reason?" Simple question, right? And yet the question caught me completely off-guard because I'd never even considered the possibility. Honest to God, I've never once even considered the possibility that Miller won't be great at IU.

That's the best compliment I could give him.

I think he's a home run hire.

As I've said many times, I was not a fan of Indiana removing Tom Crean after an injury-plagued season that followed an outright Big Ten title. But once Indiana did it, Indiana could not have done better than hiring Archie Miller. My expectations are very, very high.

ESPN called Tom Crean a brilliant hire.

Archived