Minnesota Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota goes on the road tonight (Feb.13) to face a tough Nebraska team. While Indiana stays at home for one week to hopefully shore up gaps in their game.

It will be interesting to see how Minnesota responds tonight, after getting drubbed by Michigan State this past weekend.  A Michigan State team, I don't have to remind IU fans that lost to IU at their home.

Crazy BIG this year, is all I can say right now.  Despite IU's ups and downs, we have seen it all, in the BIG this year. 

I've somehow convinced myself that if we get this win at Minny, we win Tuesday. After that I've got nothing. I live in a 7 day max mode with college hoop players in 2019. Not just IU players. Each team is week to week. 

With that said....we do have a pretty inviting chance to add 4 very nice quad one wins over the next couple of weeks. If I'm Archie every single day that point is getting hammered home. Doesn't matter what happened. 7 games left in regular season. You control your fate....because if you win at Minny, home Purdue, Wiscy, Sparty....we're in tourney. 

7 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Give it a rest dude.  Your redundancy is wearing thin.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  I am not overly positive, nor am I overly negative.  If you want to silence anything that sounds negative, you could attack a lot of people who are more negative than I.  

3 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

You say I expect to lose by double digits.  Isn't it enough to just say I think we lose?  The negativity,  not just by you,  but many others is just getting old.

We are not playing well.  We are on the road.  We are playing in an arena where we have typically struggled. 

Predicting we win this game is a sign of bias.  

I thought we would beat Ohio State.  Posted that many times (see original next win thread) 

Not sure how being a realist about our team this season makes me a negative nancy.

7 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Sorry, didn't mean to single you out, I've read all the topic posts since the OSU loss and I spoke out of place. Never post much but I might start now.

No reason to stop posting sir.  We value all opinions, that’s what is great about this board.  Just understand we have some long time posters here that bring a lot to the forum, and we should try to be respectful, regardless of our disagreements.  Glad to have you here.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Well I see Minny just got beat at Nebraska....hmmmmm.   I just don't see us winning in "The Barn".  Hopefully I am wrong, but I say the ground rats by 8.

Yeah, I don't like going to the Barn to face an angry Minnesota team that just got screwed in Nebraska. That's a recipe for a beatdown if IU isn't ready.

10 hours ago, Milehi Fan said:

Roger - I get there is a ton of negativity around here lately, but fouls isn’t someone overall negative.  Give him a break, he is a well respected poster here and deserves a little more respect.  

When did Fouls become respected? :coffee:

To stay on topic, IU by 5.

Archived