Minnesota Pregame Thread

rbkl

Minnesota has put a new floor down in the Barn. It is exceedingly white and gawdawful to look at. Somebody like Uwe Blab would have blended in and you wouldn't be able to see him.

Minnesota is really strong inside, but they tend to implode down the stretch of games. If we can hang tough, I think we can pull a close one out at the end.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Very very very optimistic and i hope you're right.  That would give alot of Q1 wins and would put us around a 5 seed probably

A man can dream. We really need to get the win on Saturday. Full week to prepare. Getting that win should catapult us in to the Purdue game that will be rowdy. Win these 2 and you never know what could happen. 

For whatever reason, I think we will win one of the games @ Minny or @ Iowa. 

Just now, cohete15 said:

A man can dream. We really need to get the win on Saturday. Full week to prepare. Getting that win should catapult us in to the Purdue game that will be rowdy. Win these 2 and you never know what could happen. 

For whatever reason, I think we will win one of the games @ Minny or @ Iowa. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we steal one at Minn and Illinois.  I don't think we can pull off PU, MSU or WISC.  They are just mad match-ups for us.  The rest of the games could go either way to me

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Great!.....Dakitch calling the Minnesota game tomorrow.😫 The two basketball commentators that I least like listening to the most are Bill Walton and Dan Dakitch.

I just wish I could listen to Don Fisher every game while watching live without the delay. 

Do you know the difference between Dips*** Dan and Big Mouth Bill?

1 hour ago, rico said:

One is a drunk, the other is a pot head?

I think all that smoke toasted Bill's brain.  I've never seen a color guy say so many dumb things in a game as Bill.  Dakich even though he's a turd and not immune to saying something dumb, is a Mensa member next to Pot head Bill.

I really want to be optimistic, but my pessimism keeps getting in the way. It is amazing to me how my narrative or comments about this season has changed so drastically as the year has progressed. I am sure that my wife and my son are tired of hearing my opinion. Lol

i believe we can beat Minnesota, and honestly believe that we should. At this point, however, I lack the confidence to say that we will. 

25 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I really want to be optimistic, but my pessimism keeps getting in the way. It is amazing to me how my narrative or comments about this season has changed so drastically as the year has progressed. I am sure that my wife and my son are tired of hearing my opinion. Lol

i believe we can beat Minnesota, and honestly believe that we should. At this point, however, I lack the confidence to say that we will. 

My wife had gone to bed at halftime of the MSU game. I told her the next morning IU won and she said, "you needed that". I agreed, but it made me realize I may be a bit too invested in a team of 18-22 year olds....

22 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Stop me if you've heard this before.

That reminds me how the Adam West Batman series began if it was an episode 2. Lol

"Will Race Thompson play, Will Green turn the ball over, Will Romeo hit a three?" Find out in this episode of Indiana Basketball!!!!

Not trying to be negative here, but Race has played exactly 4 minutes of NCAA basketball in almost 2 years. He's undersized for his skill set. People aren't even sure what his skill set is. He's coming off a near career-ending concussion, and we've seen how well Rob has bounced back from his. To expect Race to contribute in any meaningful way on Saturday is to expect way too much. Hope I'm wrong. 

15 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

That reminds me how the Adam West Batman series began if it was an episode 2. Lol

"Will Race Thompson play, Will Green turn the ball over, Will Romeo hit a three?" Find out in this episode of Indiana Basketball!!!!

15 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Stop me if you've heard this before.

Race Thompson has neither been healthy, nor available in a non-RS year for a game in his home state before. We've never heard that part, in fairness. 

Archived