Realignment

Payday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wisconsin is currently ranked 8th in the playoff rankings. There is a very real, and likely chance, they go undefeated and don't make the playoff.

image.png.00d64c935b45cc016f7f9e497fdb5b16.png

You better start looking at the schedules of remaining games for each team.  Because a lot of those teams play each other before the season is over.  With the exception of Wisconsin.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Actually both UGA and Bama have to play at Auburn.  

That is what I meant because they both can lose to Auburn or one will lose in the SEC championship game.  Only way I can see both Georgia and Alabama making the final four is both go undefeated in the season and have a really great game in the championship game. If that happens and ND and Clemson win out they will probably be in the final four with those other teams leaving out UW.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is what I meant because they both can lose to Auburn or one will lose in the SEC championship game.  Only way I can see both Georgia and Alabama making the final four is both go undefeated in the season and have a really great game in the championship game. If that happens and ND and Clemson win out they will probably be in the final four with those other teams leaving out UW.

The caveat in this is Auburn were to win both against Bama and UGA.  That would make the the Tigers the SEC west champion where there would be a rematch against UGA.  Who knows?  

14 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-monday-after-the-big-ten-may-want-to-rethink-its-divisional-structure/

He mentions one idea which I have been thinking about as well--just get rid of the divisions like they do for hoops.

Interesting read for sure......I liked that link that was in there.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/6/16/11935718/ncaa-conferences-divisions-scheduling

Archived