Colorado man bare handed kills the mountain lion ......

milehiiu

9 hours ago, rico said:

I am amazed that people out there jogging or whatever don't have mace/pepper spray on them.  Not faulting the guy, just saying...expect the best, be prepared for the worst.

You are correct.  Colorado Wildlife has instructed people, most especially women when running trails to carry mace/pepper spray, to protect themselves against predators....both animal and human. 

Another thing, instructing, that when confronted by a mountain lion, not run.  But to stand and make yourself as big as possible. In order to get the cat to shy away. However, in this case the cat stalked the runner, as he was running, unaware till the last second that the cat was stalking him. 

Tests run on the cat  showed that it was not rabid. So, my concern for my fellow Coloradan's who love the high country is that Mountain Lions are becoming more aggressive. As Colorado Wildlife has observed two of the killed Mountain Lion's sibling stalking the same trail in recent days.

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You are correct.  Colorado Wildlife has instructed people, most especially women when running trails to carry mace/pepper spray, to protect themselves against predators....both animal and human. 

Another thing, instructing, that when confronted by a mountain lion, not run.  But to stand and make yourself as big as possible. In order to get the cat to shy away. However, in this case the cat stalked the runner, as he was running, unaware till the last second that the cat was stalking him. 

Tests run on the cat  showed that it was not rabid. So, my concern for my fellow Coloradan's who love the high country is that Mountain Lions are becoming more aggressive. As Colorado Wildlife has observed two of the killed Mountain Lion's sibling stalking the same trail in recent days.

I've been following that story. Thanks for the additional info!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived