NCAA Tournament Chances

We are surprisingly still right there in the hunt.  This will help explain why and also give you a sense for who you need to be rooting for vis-a-vis the NET quadrants to give IU's resume a boost.

Of course, if they don't win some games, none of this matters.

The way this season has gone here is my prediction so take it to the bank.  

We will win enough to get in and have a bad seed. We will play like all of us had hoped and make a Sweet 16 appearance  and play well but fall to Duke  even thought we finished in bottom half of the Big Ten. Purdue will win a share of the Big Ten title and get knocked out day 1 by a 13 seed. sounds about right. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The way this season has gone here is my prediction so take it to the bank.  

We will win enough to get in and have a bad seed. We will play like all of us had hoped and make a Sweet 16 appearance  and play well but fall to Duke  even thought we finished in bottom half of the Big Ten. Purdue will win a share of the Big Ten title and get knocked out day 1 by a 13 seed. sounds about right. 

The Purdue part is just an annual part of the arrival of spring.  

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We have enough QUALITY wins, so it does not matter WHO we beat the rest of the way, rather how many.

19-14 we are in.  18-15 we are out.  It's as simple as that.

I respectfully disagree with that.  I believe if we beat Michigan State again, Purdue and Wisconsin and got 18 wins, we would be in.

Oklahoma got in last year at 18-14. 8-10 conference record. Lost first round of Big 12 tourney. Still made it in.

This year the bubble is different. 7 games left. 17 gets us in if the 17 includes wins vs Sparty, Purdue, Wiscy, and Rutgers down the stretch.  18 I believe gets us in safely regardless of who the wins come against.....even if they are Minny, Illinois, Rutgers and 1 of (Sparty, Wiscy, Purdue). I know it's been a tough season but looking just at the NET rankings. We're very, very close and have the chance to get over the hump. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Georgia 2000-2001

16-15, 9-7 in $EC, lost in 1st rd

Believe they had #1 strength of schedule, and NCAA had put major emphasis on scheduling.

*technically,  their 15th loss would have been IN the tournament 

Their 15th loss was in the tpurnament.  They were invited with losses.

A lot of teams have gotten in with 14 and lost number 15 in the tournament.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the opposite. Knowing this team. Out of nowhere something might click and we win a couple. Right?

Oh.  I think we can win a couple in the tournament, but we wont win it all.  If we go in with 14 losses, we will eventually pick up 15.

Archived