NCAA Tournament Chances

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't know why some are even discussing this.  We must been watching 2 completely different teams these past 6 weeks.  The odds of OJ finding the real killers are greater than us making the NCAA tourney this year.

I mean, it can't be that hard for him to find a mirror.  So I guess that means our odds are looking pretty good!

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, let’s revisit the old discussion.

Would it be better for the program to make the dance and lose the first game? Or better to play in the NIT for multiple games and give the young kids more experience?

If we have the roster turnover we expect, the NIT would be a complete waste of time for this group. 

43 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't know why some are even discussing this.  We must been watching 2 completely different teams these past 6 weeks.  The odds of OJ finding the real killers are greater than us making the NCAA tourney this year.

You do know that 90% of national experts have us right on the bubble? I agree with you. Our team with eye test isn't a tourney team. But according to numbers we're right there. PS....OJ is innocent and Ron/Nicole were killed by drug dealers. 

17 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If we have the roster turnover we expect, the NIT would be a complete waste of time for this group. 

Not so sure on that. If Rob is the pg of the foreseeable future, getting him as much experience as possible couldn’t be a bad thing. Good for Al as well, and if Race is ready at all, the extended season would benefit him.

I got it that it’s not the national spotlight. But it’s extra practice time. Extra competition against somebody else. If for no one else, for those 3 it could be invaluable 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You do know that 90% of national experts have us right on the bubble? I agree with you. Our team with eye test isn't a tourney team. But according to numbers we're right there. PS....OJ is innocent and Ron/Nicole were killed by drug dealers. 

Multiple games this year were decided by one or two possessions. First third the season, we won those possessions. 2nd third we lost them. We have to get back to mental toughness down the stretch and we have a shot. 

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not so sure on that. If Rob is the pg of the foreseeable future, getting him as much experience as possible couldn’t be a bad thing. Good for Al as well, and if Race is ready at all, the extended season would benefit him.

I got it that it’s not the national spotlight. But it’s extra practice time. Extra competition against somebody else. If for no one else, for those 3 it could be invaluable 

Agreed, if I'm Archie I'm chomping at the bit to get these guys as much game reps as possible. This program needs a momentum shift in a bad way, anyway they can get it should be welcome 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, let’s revisit the old discussion.

Would it be better for the program to make the dance and lose the first game? Or better to play in the NIT for multiple games and give the young kids more experience?

I would rather lose in the first round of the tournament than win the NIT

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Think this discussion comes from the fact that Lunardi still has us in the tournament.

Just now, rico said:

Did you feel that way in 1979?  Or 1985?

Don't you think it was a little different then when mainly the conference champs only wet to the tournament.  Funny you brought up 79 because I  was just watching the championship game of the NIT against Purdue tonight.  Purdue had tied for first place n the big ten but did not get into the tournament so they went to the NIY instead.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't you think it was a little different then when mainly the conference champs only wet to the tournament.  Funny you brought up 79 because I  was just watching the championship game of the NIT against Purdue tonight.  Purdue had tied for first place n the big ten but did not get into the tournament so they went to the NIY instead.

'85 was the first year the NCAA expanded to 64....and Purdue got screwed in '79, but that was a three-way tie for first in the Big Ten.  And btw '79 the NCAA expanded as well.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

LOL at your take on the IU hopes/OJ analogy, yet they are still techincally in the hunt.  

Logical or not, unless/until those chances mathematically hit 0...Until the end comes ,   I never give up hoping for a better ending for any team I support.

Archived