Minnesota Game Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a coach is no different then being a parent. You have rules, and if rules aren’t followed there are punishments. As a parent if you let the kids break the rules, with no  punishment blame falls squarely on the parent. Watching this team it’ seems as if the kids are running the asylum. What I see with this IU team is a lack of heart and discipline. There’s lots of blame to be spread around. But after seeing the same mistakes game after game, and the teams actually seems to be getting worse. That has to fall directly on staff. JMO

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

These teacher analogies are cracking me up. I am a teacher. If I have a kid who isn’t cutting it I am expected to keep trying something different to improve the situation. I don’t get to use the kid is as dumb as a sack of hammers excuse even if it is true. 

I am also a teacher and I absolutely get blamed if my students aren't performing well. I have to come up with new strategies, find different resources, reflect on what I'm doing and how I can do it better. The state of Indiana LOVES holding teachers accountable if their students aren't performing. And yes, some students are strong in math and others are strong in reading or science etc. But when talking about this team they are all talented enough to play at IU so they have a low iq or refuse to learn is a poor excuse. Yes Archie inherited most of these players, but he does have some of his players...including a potential lottery pick that is used in a head scratching way. 

1 minute ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

I am also a teacher and I absolutely get blamed if my students aren't performing well. I have to come up with new strategies, find different resources, reflect on what I'm doing and how I can do it better. The state of Indiana LOVES holding teachers accountable if their students aren't performing. And yes, done students are strong in math and others are strong in reading or science etc. But when talking about this team they are all talented enough to play at IU so they have a low iq or refuse to learn is a poor excuse. Yes Archie inherited most of these players, but he does have some of his players...including a potential lottery pick that is used in a head scratching way. 

What district?

Give me something, anything, to make me want to watch the rest of this game.  Give me a “T” Archie.  Give me players barking at each other for missed assignments.  Give me players other than Smith and Green on the floor.  Hell, give me free tacos if we hit the 50 point mark for the gave.  I NEED SOMETHING!

8 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

I am also a teacher and I absolutely get blamed if my students aren't performing well. I have to come up with new strategies, find different resources, reflect on what I'm doing and how I can do it better. The state of Indiana LOVES holding teachers accountable if their students aren't performing. And yes, some students are strong in math and others are strong in reading or science etc. But when talking about this team they are all talented enough to play at IU so they have a low iq or refuse to learn is a poor excuse. Yes Archie inherited most of these players, but he does have some of his players...including a potential lottery pick that is used in a head scratching way. 

If you're both teachers then you both also know that some kids will never help themselves regardless of what you do.

What is with this teams effort because I just don't see any enthusiasm or emption.  To me this team has totally quit o this season and their needs to be some big changes at the end of the year.  Minnesota is one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in  country and can't miss.  We are having guys taking bad shots who should not be shooting and the guys who should be getting the ball is not.  Smith should never see the floor but he is still out their playing lazy like usual.

Archived