Thoughts on Fred Glass Thread

KoB2011

I think it's pretty obvious, Fred Glass needs to be done. Our two revenue programs are garbage, both coaches should be in a pivotal year for their tenure next year and Fred Glass does not deserve the chance to 1) decide the fate of either coach and 2) hire a potential replacement for either coach. 

If Glass doesn't go now, he will be in position to make those decisions about potentially two coaches before he is let go. Or if he is let go at the same time, you have to find a new AD before a coach and you're new AD is behind the 8 ball on their first hire. 

Glass has been a nice guy and done a lot for our facilities, but our two most important programs have sucked under his watch. 

#firefred

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So.... what's the solution ?  Instead of complaining.... come up with an answer.  Who do you have in mind ? 

I don't know a lot about the AD market, but it doesn't take a genius to say Fred Glass isn't good. 

Instead of complain about the thread, give an actual defense goes Fred Glass. Why should he keep his job?

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

IMO, we need an AD who has a background in athletics. Fred is a great fundraiser,  but I’m losing confidence in his ability to hire the right people. 

Names. I need names.  I vote for and interact with the BOT.  I need names to share. 

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't know a lot about the AD market, but it doesn't take a genius to say Fred Glass isn't good. 

Instead of complain about the thread, give an actual defense goes Fred Glass. Why should he keep his job?

Facilities.  SEZ. New Volleyball and Wrestling home... on campus.  Refurbished Golf.  New scoreboards for Swimming.  Improved game day environment at Memorial Stadium. Hired a quality coach for baseball, when the other great BB coach left for what he thought were greener pastures.  Elevated men's and women's swimming to national stature once again.  Continues to keep IU soccer on top of the nation. Able to solicit funds from alumni for major facility improvements in numerous venues. Not to mention keeping the entire IU Athletic program in the black... something his predecessor failed to do.  The list goes on and on. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Facilities.  SEZ. New Volleyball and Wrestling home... on campus.  Refurbished Golf.  New scoreboards for Swimming.  Improved game day environment at Memorial Stadium. Hired a quality coach for baseball, when the other great BB coach left for what he thought were greener pastures.  Elevated men's and women's swimming to natural stature once again.  Continues to keep IU soccer on top of the nation. Able to solicit funds from alumni for major facility improvements in numerous venues. Not to mention keeping the entire IU Athletic program in the black... something his predecessor failed to do.  The list goes on and on. 

That's all great, but the most important thing is to make our most important programs win. Fred Glass has failed there. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Facilities.  SEZ. New Volleyball and Wrestling home... on campus.  Refurbished Golf.  New scoreboards for Swimming.  Improved game day environment at Memorial Stadium. Hired a quality coach for baseball, when the other great BB coach left for what he thought were greener pastures.  Elevated men's and women's swimming to natural stature once again.  Continues to keep IU soccer on top of the nation. Able to solicit funds from alumni for major facility improvements in numerous venues. Not to mention keeping the entire IU Athletic program in the black... something his predecessor failed to do.  The list goes on and on. 

I give zero credit for facilities, right place, right time.  He lucked into coming into office when the BTN started writing fat checks.

All the other sports you mentioned are funded by the 2 we currently suck at.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I give zero credit for facilities, right place, right time.  He lucked into coming into office when the BTN started writing fat checks.

All the other sports you mentioned are funded by the 2 we currently suck at.

So.. what's your solution ?  Keep in mind not everything or everyone is the perfect solution.

Archived