Minnesota Postgame Thread

2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Question for the great a knowledgeable members of this site:  If CAM has the know-how, commitment and energy to coach, in what way(s) could Fred Glass impair his ability to succeed?  I am not thinking about nonsensical things like meeting with players and saying to them to ignore their coach, but I really want to know how Glass could shoulder the blame for this program under the assumption that Archie has the goods.  

Yea, I'm a little confused as to how Glass can be at fault specifically for the hire of Archie Miller.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Question for the great a knowledgeable members of this site:  If CAM has the know-how, commitment and energy to coach, in what way(s) could Fred Glass impair his ability to succeed?  I am not thinking about nonsensical things like meeting with players and saying to them to ignore their coach, but I really want to know how Glass could shoulder the blame for this program under the assumption that Archie has the goods.  

-Glass has the IU bill of rights and it is not so easy to get rid of players.

-Glass has fired coaches for getting on players.

-it is rumored Glass told Archie he must try to keep all players and Crean committed recruits.  

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

This is just a bad mix of players. Blocking Archie from turning this roster over is the only thing I could see Glass getting in the way with.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. One thing is for certain. Dakich is the cretin. Wanting a mid major to make the NCAAT, rather than his alma mater.  I don't care how badly your school is performing, especially one you played for..... one should never wish they were out of the tournament.  IU still has some very good wins on their resume, and a ton of games left before all is said and done.

IU doesn’t deserve to be in the tournament the way they have been playing this year. 

Just now, Indykev said:

This is just a bad mix of players. Blocking Archie from turning this roster over is the only thing I could see Glass getting in the way with.

If I were Archie I would tell Glass that either certain players go or I go. Archie must have total control over his roster and who stays and who plays. 

1 minute ago, Fundamentals said:

Still supportive of Archie getting time, but just for something different.  

Lets say Archie leaves, what about Michael Lewis as next head coach?  Instead of chasing the next name, what about one of our own, who’s tough as nails. 

No

8 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Is it a recruiting dead period right now? If not I hope Archie spends the next 2 days recruiting instead of coaching practice.

My guess is Archie is flying one direction tonight and his team another. Archie knows the only way out of this situation is players. 

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Terrible mix of players. These players don’t play for each other and they are polar opposites just like the coaches who recruited them. Archie has to be able to TURNOVER the roster this summer. Keep the ‘18 recruiting class, plus the incoming freshmen and bring in some older players who are transfers - if we do that, I think we got a more than capable team next year.

Also, I do think Archie is the answer in the long run, just need to be patient and let him get his players in .

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

-Glass has the IU bill of rights and it is not so easy to get rid of players.

-Glass has fired coaches for getting on players.

-it is rumored Glass told Archie he must try to keep all players and Crean committed recruits.  

He fired Wilson for more than "getting on players", right?  If Archie thinks he needs to turn over players and Glass doesn't want him to, can Glass really stop him?  Would he fire Archie for demanding players put effort in?  Or fire him for "getting rid of players" who showed no commitment to the style of play of their coach, a coach that Glass chose?  I can't fathom that Fred would hire a guy, then stop him from implementing the very changes he was hired to do.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Seems like it, but there is no way that Fred is this stupid.  He hired CAM to win because I can't imagine he doesn't realize that his life is better when IU wins in basketball.  His job could be and should be tied to the success of the basketball team.  Why would he hire a guy then stop that guy from doing his job?

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The guy hadn't played a game in 2 years, did you want him to start?

From my seat in the house, Archie has continued to play Justin and Devonte major minutes at the expense of other players that may actually care.  At some point, when something is not working (and I think we all can agree it's not), maybe try something/someone different.

Just now, 5fouls said:

From my seat in the house, Archie has continues to play Justin and Devonte major minutes at the expense of other players that may actually care.  At some point, when something is not working (and I think we all can agree it's not), maybe try something/someone different.

Yea I kept thinking after each timeout we would see a line change...nope. 

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

Seems like it, but there is no way that Fred is this stupid.  He hired CAM to win because I can't imagine he doesn't realize that his life is better when IU wins in basketball.  His job could be and should be tied to the success of the basketball team.  Why would he hire a guy then stop that guy from doing his job?

I agree Glass wont get in the way, his job is on the line here. OP asked what Glass could do.

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Remember when we were recruiting DJ Carton and it was down to us and Michigan and then OSU swooped in at the last second...Carton said he felt really at home with the players on the team and got along well with them.....maybe he sensed something about our guys that turned him off. Just a theory.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

From my seat in the house, Archie has continued to play Justin and Devonte major minutes at the expense of other players that may actually care.  At some point, when something is not working (and I think we all can agree it's not), maybe try something/someone different.

Agree....but christ let the kid get his feet under him in games or he'll start looking like the others if you rush him. He hasnt played a game in 2 years.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Remember when we were recruiting DJ Carton and it was down to us and Michigan and then OSU swooped in at the last second...Carton said he felt really at home with the players on the team and got along well with them.....maybe he sensed something about our guys that turned him off. Just a theory.

Possibly. But Beilein hired family friend from Illinois St to be an assistant coach at Michigan to seal the deal and the kid still chose Ohio St. Nothing IU could do on this one. 

Archived