Minnesota Postgame Thread

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The guy hadn't played a game in 2 years, did you want him to start?

I didn't say anything about starting the kid, but there's quite a spectrum of opportunity before we get down to "we're down 26 points, let's see what Race can do". It's so frustrating to see that be the opportunity we see to introduce a kid back into minutes when Arch has been clamoring about getting him into the game for 5 games.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Question for the great a knowledgeable members of this site:  If CAM has the know-how, commitment and energy to coach, in what way(s) could Fred Glass impair his ability to succeed?  I am not thinking about nonsensical things like meeting with players and saying to them to ignore their coach, but I really want to know how Glass could shoulder the blame for this program under the assumption that Archie has the goods.  

I’m not sure if this is some random chance to take another dog at coach or that you are trying to ask a legit question that I don’t understand...

I will be more optimistic if Archie makes a programming changing statement before this year is up. Something like not dress players who show no willingness to buy into his system. I don't care if this includes Romeo and Morgan.  I don't care if we only dress 4 players and they all are managers.  We can't win with this current culture anyway, and any  recruits that get turned off because of this are IU players anyway.  We should never be afraid to lose recruits who don't want to play the right way. 

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

I will be more optimistic if Archie makes a programming changing statement before this year is up. Something like not dress players who show no willingness to buy into his system. I don't care if this includes Romeo and Morgan.  I don't care if we only dress 4 players and they all are managers.  We can't win with this current culture anyway, and any  recruits that get turned off because of this are IU players anyway.  We should never be afraid to lose recruits who don't want to play the right way. 

Yes!!!!! This!!!!!

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't feel like watching this or summarizing it, but apparently Archie is ready for "drastic changes".

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Coach-TV-Archie-Miller-Minnesota-postgame-129177382/

I don't feel like watching it either, but it will be interesting to see if they are truly  'drastic'.  I don't see starting Deron, but still giving Justin 20 minutes as 'drastic'.  But, even if they are major, it's too late.  Something should have happened 6-7 games ago.

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

If he did this it would put the spotlight on the kids who aren’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing, it shows he’s tried everything, it’ll fire US up. And it’ll help the culture and it’ll show who wears the pants in this program. This is YOUR team Archie take command!!!

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not sure if this is some random chance to take another dog at coach or that you are trying to ask a legit question that I don’t understand...

Not a shot at coach.  Some people blame Glass and I just want to know if he is to blame.  I think he did a good job hiring CAM. Maybe CAM doesn't work out, but Glass was not an idiot for hiring him.  I am really curious as what is the cause of the collapse this season and why it seems like CAM making obvious decisions to change things.  Maybe this team would stink no matter who coached them, I just want to get some sense or insight into why a seemingly quality coach is having the results that he is having.

11 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't feel like watching this or summarizing it, but apparently Archie is ready for "drastic changes".

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Coach-TV-Archie-Miller-Minnesota-postgame-129177382/

I watched it, and your quote about "drastic changes" is all you need to know.  Now that he has said this, if we see nothing different going forward, then I will have such little optimism for CAM being able to turn this around ever.  Doesn't mean he can't, and my feelings have nothing to do with reality, but we fans want to understand what is being done to make things better.

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

From my seat in the house, Archie has continued to play Justin and Devonte major minutes at the expense of other players that may actually care.  At some point, when something is not working (and I think we all can agree it's not), maybe try something/someone different.

Wish I could like this 15 times over.  

2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I watched it, and your quote about "drastic changes" is all you need to know.  Now that he has said this, if we see nothing different going forward, then I will have such little optimism for CAM being able to turn this around ever.  Doesn't mean he can't, and my feelings have nothing to do with reality, but we fans want to understand what is being done to make things better.

I don’t know what really qualifies as “drastic” other than dismissing the players who are causing the locker room issues. 

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don’t know what really qualifies as “drastic” other than dismissing the players who are causing the locker room issues. 

How about you start Clif, Race and De'Ron upfront?  Go with Johnny and Vijay in the back court.  That is drastic.

Archived