Minnesota Postgame Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Shaking my head in amazement at anyone who has the notion that Romeo Langford is even close to being what's wrong with this team chemistry wise. 

He's not the problem but I honestly think our record would be about the same had he gone elsewhere.  He's no Cody like many had hoped.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Real question...Crean year 1 walk on team vs this team who wins?? In December it would be a blow out but right now...those walk ons I think with their heart take a close one.

I’d cheer for the walk on team. They played hard and showed so much character. Honestly loved watching them. So proud of them.

Romeo is the biggest talent, the best player, and the only guy who can save anything.  He can give some juice to the offense.  Give him the ball after half court and let it rip.  He can average 25, 27, i don’t care.  Anybody else who’s jealous?  Tough.  You’ve had your chance.  If you’re still yapping sit the whole game, or leave. 

Play DeRon, Race, and Forrester up front with Morgan.  

This is the best chance we have of finishing on any kind of upswing.  It’s not even wins and losses. They are just lousy.  

The one positive was the glimpse of Race we saw.  He didn’t look timid or like a freshman.  He actually looked like he has a very good feel for the game on both ends.  

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

In my opinion, I do not think that Miller knows how to manage the egos of talented players.  I also believe that he treated Romeo different from other players.  Smith and his Dad get quite a bit of (legitimate) criticism, but let's not forget Romeo's videographer buddy complaining that Romeo should have been taking the game winning shot when Phinisee hit his buzzer beater against Butler.

I think he needs to realize that one and done or not, those guys have to be treated EXACTLY like everyone else.  And he started to realize that, except instead of reeling in everyone, he appears to have gone soft on everyone.  So the team still is mad about the lack of fair treatment earlier in the year and now they have lost all respect and fear of the coaching staff.  Romeo laughing at Ostrom and blowing him off on the bench.  Yeah, we rag on Green and Smith but I hope Romeo goes pro after this year too.  I think that he is every bit the sulking cancer as the other guys.  And I believe that is all because Miller is used to coaching 2 and 3 star guys with something to prove as opposed to 5* players who were treated like the best thing since sliced cheese since they were in middle school.

This will not be popular but I think everyone involved would have been better off if Romeo had picked Vandy or Kansas.

This is probably not as unpopular as we might think.  You may be very right on your assessment.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

In my opinion, I do not think that Miller knows how to manage the egos of talented players.  I also believe that he treated Romeo different from other players.  Smith and his Dad get quite a bit of (legitimate) criticism, but let's not forget Romeo's videographer buddy complaining that Romeo should have been taking the game winning shot when Phinisee hit his buzzer beater against Butler.

I think he needs to realize that one and done or not, those guys have to be treated EXACTLY like everyone else.  And he started to realize that, except instead of reeling in everyone, he appears to have gone soft on everyone.  So the team still is mad about the lack of fair treatment earlier in the year and now they have lost all respect and fear of the coaching staff.  Romeo laughing at Ostrom and blowing him off on the bench.  Yeah, we rag on Green and Smith but I hope Romeo goes pro after this year too.  I think that he is every bit the sulking cancer as the other guys.  And I believe that is all because Miller is used to coaching 2 and 3 star guys with something to prove as opposed to 5* players who were treated like the best thing since sliced cheese since they were in middle school.

This will not be popular but I think everyone involved would have been better off if Romeo had picked Vandy or Kansas.

No one eats IU players like their own. Are you kidding me with this drivel?

53 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I certainly don’t doubt you at all. Then if true then his family did a great job of “selling him” falsely throughout his HS career. Which could be true.

I wouldn't think that you'd have to "sell" a 6'6" athletic kid who wound up being the 4th leading scorer in the history of a state that eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What does he add?  Certainly not player development and Ed and Ostrum are the recruiters.  Archie needs someone who can teach offense.

I don't know because I'm not at practice every day, and I'd wager that you aren't either. Saying someone "adds nothing" without anything to back it up is a tad irresponsible, no?

23 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He did?  Who was as good as Morgan?  He inherited a 3-15 team and instantly made them FF contenders.  If we're not in UKs bracket I honestly think that team makes a deep run.

Did you seriously just ask that?

Victor Oladipo is a 2 time NBA all-star.

Christian Watford was as good or better than Juwan Morgan.  Watford was certainly a better outside shooter

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Christian Watford was as good or better than Juwan Morgan.  Watford was certainly a better outside shooter

I am upset with you.

You left off Jordan, Will, and Verdell.  

Just now, rico said:

I am upset with you.

You left off Jordan, Will, and Verdell.  All 1,000 point scorers they were.  So Cody joins a team that had 4 guys that went on to do that.  The talent was absolutely there.

Yeah.  I was actually just looking at the stats.  Jordy had a monster year.  I forgot how good he was that year.  Averaged almost 12 points.  Shot 49% from 3 and 89% from the line. 

Matt Roth and Derek Elston both shot 55% from 3.  That team had a slew of shooters that opened things up for Cody inside.

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my solution for Tuesday. And I'm serious. Romeo. 30 shots. 55 points. No one else can make layups. Just let him do his thing. 

I get what your saying,but its not like Romeo has set the world on fire,with the way he has been shooting he would have to take about 60 shots to get 55 pts...things haven't went exactly like we had all hoped when the season started with him either.

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wouldn't think that you'd have to "sell" a 6'6" athletic kid who wound up being the 4th leading scorer in the history of a state that eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.

I wasn’t talking about “selling his talent” I was implying that if EVERYONE was saying how humble he was and is and in reality he’s an arrogant prick, then the parents sold everyone pretty well.

all the more reason I find it hard that is reality. 

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Vic as much as I love him was not as good as Morgan is now as a sophomore.  That team had no PG play whatsoever.  Again they were 3-15 the previous year with the same roster.  Romeo inherited a 9-9 team that only lost RJ but got back Deron.  

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I wasn’t talking about “selling his talent” I was implying that if EVERYONE was saying how humble he was and is and in reality he’s an arrogant prick, then the parents sold everyone pretty well.

all the more reason I find it hard that is reality. 

Trust me, it's not reality.  If you had witnessed the way Romeo interacted with the kids down here in Southern Indiana while he was in high school, you would realize what kind of BS people are throwing when they imply that.  

Name me another player that would stay and sign autographs for an hour and a half after LOSING a game.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Trust me, it's not reality.  If you had witnessed the way Romeo interacted with the kids down here in Southern Indiana while he was in high school, you would realize what kind of BS people are throwing when they imply that.  

Name me another player that would stay and sign autographs for an hour and a half after LOSING a game.

When our team loses it brings out the worst in many.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Vic as much as I love him was not as good as Morgan is now as a sophomore.  That team had no PG play whatsoever.  Again they were 3-15 the previous year with the same roster.  Romeo inherited a 9-9 team that only lost RJ but got back Deron.  

Vic was already a lock-down defender as a sophomore and averaged over 5 rebounds a game from the guard spot.

Verdell and Jordy combined to average 19.2 points and 6.5 assists.  No. neither was Isiah Thomas, but they were a better combination than Phinesee and Green..

Archived