Minnesota Postgame Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Might as well. Just copy and paste the last months threads here.

No. No. Please don't close it yet.  Is it bad form to invite Chris Reynolds back home? When and if the time comes, I would love to see him lead our athletic department.  I want to see Fred & Archie succeed, but I'm losing hope right now.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did you think Archie was bringing in new players during that time. This team is what it is. A bunch of kids that dont fit together in a system some arent good enough players to play in

No - but that’s where the coaching comes in. Good coaches find a way to put their players in favorable position and take advantage of the other team’s weakness. Even if the players aren’t up to par, you don’t lose by 30 with a week to prepare. That doesn’t happen to good coaches. 

Well. One thing is for certain. Dakich is the cretin. Wanting a mid major to make the NCAAT, rather than his alma mater.  I don't care how badly your school is performing, especially one you played for..... one should never wish they were out of the tournament.  IU still has some very good wins on their resume, and a ton of games left before all is said and done.

19 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did you think Archie was bringing in new players during that time. This team is what it is. A bunch of kids that dont fit together in a system some arent good enough players to play in

This...with the issues and problems we’ve discussed ad naseum is there a pocket of fans out there that honestly think that some magic switch is going to flip in a given week where we learn to shoot, all get along, a dad all the sudden agrees with his sons roll, kids start giving effort at all, etc??! 

Aorry folks we are what we are. I’m hoping for a house cleaning and start over after the season. Find the men who want to be here and let the boys take their ball and go home.

Question for the great a knowledgeable members of this site:  If CAM has the know-how, commitment and energy to coach, in what way(s) could Fred Glass impair his ability to succeed?  I am not thinking about nonsensical things like meeting with players and saying to them to ignore their coach, but I really want to know how Glass could shoulder the blame for this program under the assumption that Archie has the goods.  

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. One thing is for certain. Dakich is the cretin. Wanting a mid major to make the NCAAT, rather than his alma mater.  I don't care how badly your school is performing, especially one you played for..... one should never wish they were out of the tournament.  IU still has some very good wins on their resume, and a ton of games left before all is said and done.

Mile.  I agree with Dan on this one.

I have thought for years that a 1st place team in a mid-major conference that happens to lose in the conference tournament is more deserving of a tournament bid than the 8th or 9th place team in a Power conference.  If I were to change my position just because that Power Conference team happens to be Indiana, that would be hypocritical.  This IU team has no business sniffing the tournament.

Archived