Edward Smith at it again

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Maybe that’s the drastic change CAM was referring to.....:coffee:

Shame on you! I’m still laughing at this and now my gut hurts and have had to remove my glasses to wipe my eyes. 

Celebrated with some family earlier this evening so its possible the crown found its way to my funny bone.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

So not put kids in position to best utilize their talents..open up the offense and grow some confidence in some guys...just bench one of your best players is the answer.

Smith is currently our worst player. If it was a vertical jumping contest it would be different, but unfortunately not much of a basketball player.

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

I would rather go with freshman rather than taking someone elses problem.

Jucos take a lot of screening, you could be getting a kid with criminal history or very bad grades or you could be getting a late bloomer, my neighbor's kid for instance won't go into detail but comes from a great family, he stepped back into Juco to work on his game to get a better offer.  

Grad transfers means that they have the wits about to graduate on time or early can't fault a kid for that.

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Jucos take a lot of screening, you could be getting a kid with criminal history or very bad grades or you could be getting a late bloomer, my neighbor's kid for instance won't go into detail but comes from a great family, he stepped back into Juco to work on his game to get a better offer.  

Grad transfers means that they have the wits about to graduate on time or early can't fault a kid for that.

When talk turns to Juco's for IU.... my mind always goes back to Dean Garrett. Came out of a Juco in California.  Contributed greatly in helping IU to a national championship. And I got the privilege of watching him play in the NBA for the Denver Nuggets.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

When talk turns to Juco's for IU.... my mind always goes back to Dean Garrett. Came out of a Juco in California.  Contributed greatly in helping IU to a national championship. And I got the privilege of watching him play in the NBA for the Denver Nuggets.

Keith Smart was a JUCO transfer too...from Garden City CC in Kansas which had a great basketball program back then...and one time home of Gene Keady.

8 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Keith Smart was a JUCO transfer too...from Garden City CC in Kansas which had a great basketball program back then...and one time home of Gene Keady.

Yep.  Same team as Garrett. Grew up in Louisiana.  The man who hit "The Shot".... to win the NCAAT.   Funny thing about that was Knight was unhappy with Keith's play earlier in the game, and benched.  Thought about keeping Keith on the bench for good. But something told Knight to put Keith in. And from that point on, Keith played his heart out... and like we all know, hit the winning shot.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  Same team as Garrett. Grew up in Louisiana.  The man who hit "The Shot".... to win the NCAAT.   Funny thing about that was Knight was unhappy with Keith's play earlier in the game, and benched.  Thought about keeping Keith on the bench for good. But something told Knight to put Keith in. And from that point on, Keith played his heart out... and like we all know, hit the winning shot.

If only our guys would respond in kind.

Archived