Edward Smith at it again

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer $PB's question:

Al Durham, Juwan Morgan, and Davis (at least to me, in his limited play he's looked better and more consistent this year)

To the topic of the thread - I think we are all looking at the primary reason we are currently on a losing streak and the team is having issues.

Edit:  Honestly, looking through the roster, outside of those three and Smith and Green, there isn't one player who has even had a chance to show improvement this year that hasn't been saddled with or hindered by injuries.

Look at the kids who have improved, and look at the two who haven't (and even Green is somewhat better than last year) - self explanatory.

12 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

To answer $PB's question:

Al Durham, Juwan Morgan, and Davis (at least to me, in his limited play he's looked better and more consistent this year)

To the topic of the thread - I think we are all looking at the primary reason we are currently on a losing streak and the team is having issues.

The question is why has there not been a stop to this? I can't imagine a coach that would allow this to continue.  The team is loosing, at least play kids who buy in to the correct style.

Oh, Edward. .your son has shown improvement; however, he doesnt finish strong, shoot, and takes plays off.  The personal trainer during the summer must not have helped either.  Sometimes it is the kid and lets not forget he still is a young Sophmore.  This offseason is where Vic took his leap.

There are kids that look bad at Duke, transfer and are 5 star studs again.  Why?  Kids have to fit into a system and buy into being a TEAM.  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

The question is why have there not been a stop to this.  I can not imagine a coach that would allow this to continue.  The team is loosing, at least play kids who buy in to the correct style.

Oh, Edward. .your son has shown improvement, however he doesnt finish strong, shoot, and takes plays off.  The personal trainer during the summer mist not have helped either.  Sometimes it is the kid.

There are kids that loom bad at Duke, transfer and are 5 star studs again.  Why?  Kids have to fit into a system and buy into being a TEAM.  

I touched on this in the post game thread.  I don't think there's a whole lot he can do.  For one, unless there's some major violation of team rules, I doubt he could remove a player from the team mid-season.

I guess maybe bench him permanently, but that's not going to really solve any chemistry issues, and we don't really have a lot of depth, either.  Also, who knows how deep the chemistry issues go?  Really, it could be just about any player, though we all have our suspicions.

I fail to see the problem. He is only saying what all the rest of us are saying. He isn’t saying he isn’t getting Justin more shots or not playing him enough...just that this team isn’t improving. He isn’t calling out another of the players like people on here do. What’s the issue?

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I fail to see the problem. He is only saying what all the rest of us are saying. He isn’t saying he isn’t getting Justin more shots or not playing him enough...just that this team isn’t improving. He isn’t calling out another of the players like people on here do. What’s the issue?

How can you not see this as a problem? Its huge, and points directly to the issue with  this team.  

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

How can you not see this as a problem? Its huge, and points directly to the issue with  this team.  

What has he said that 100 others on here have not already said. He isn’t degrading any of our players by name he just says this team is not getting better...and it’s obvious to everyone that’s true.

Just now, dgambill said:

What has he said that 100 others on here have not already said. He isn’t degrading any of our players by name he just says this team is not getting better...and it’s obvious to everyone that’s true.

None of us are publicly tweeting, as PARENTS of players on the team, things about the program that actively cause dysfunction between the players.  His previous tweet was basically to the effect of "two players get to do anything they want."

In my opinion, this is not only a problem, it is THE problem, or at least a manifestation of it.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

1. He is a parent of a current player. Show a little decency and handle things properly. 

2. The comment was not insinuating that the team is not getting any better. It says nobody gets better playing for Archie Miller. A very big difference.

A public slap in the face to the coach, by a current player's parent, and you are okay with that?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I wouldn't of posted if there wasnt a pattern of tweets (many deleted) from him and a the rumors (with legs) of Justin.  The tweet is saying that Archie does not improve players - which is false.  It has nothing to do with the team.  Its undermining and selfish.  One would think the Smiths would do anything possible to help get talent next year to win.  That is not the case with public tweets such as his.  

Just now, rogue3542 said:

None of us are publicly tweeting, as PARENTS of players on the team, things about the program that actively cause dysfunction between the players.  His previous tweet was basically to the effect of "two players get to do anything they want."

In my opinion, this is not only a problem, it is THE problem, or at least a manifestation of it.

I haven’t seen any other tweets. Just this one and it’s absolutely true and while it’s not only up to Archie to improve the team the players have a part in that he isn’t wrong and I don’t see how him saying it is any different than anyone else. If the program is going to let outside tweets affect them than there is a bigger problem...nothing should matter but what happens inside the program and block the rest out. As an IU fan I feel the same way he does...so he can’t say it but I can??

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

As a parent you keep your @$$ off socially media.  Its pretty self explanatory... that stuff is for behind closed doors, not the public eye.  And it just beats home who is the issue on this squad

I haven’t seen any other tweets. Just this one and it’s absolutely true and while it’s not only up to Archie to improve the team the players have a part in that he isn’t wrong and I don’t see how him saying it is any different than anyone else. If the program is going to let outside tweets affect them than there is a bigger problem...nothing should matter but what happens inside the program and block the rest out. As an IU fan I feel the same way he does...so he can’t say it but I can??

1. He is wrong; several players have improved from last year

2. There have been other tweets, even if you haven't seen them.  There was a thread on a previous tweet from him after the Michigan game.

3. The tweet is from a PARENT. It's not an "outside tweet."  It's very much "inside the program."

There is more to what is happening than voicing an opinion like a fan.  Being part of a team is a family and that family stays close.  You are not going to hear anything out of players who played for Knight unless disgruntled.  

Parents of players are part of the recruiting process, and it is not their job to be negative.  This shows the Smiths are about them, and not the fraternity of the team. 

This is a new age. Everyone is on social media...I mean I detest Twitter and Facebook and the rest but I fully understand everyone else uses it. I can absolutely understand a parent using it as long as they aren’t criticizing other players by name...the coach...grow some balls your a man and can handle some criticism...your untrusted your child to this man to make him a better player and when he isn’t fulfilling his end of the barsgain he should be open to criticism.

It’s a complete and total lack of class and integrity on SO many levels it’s off the charts.

This is a new age. Everyone is on social media...I mean I detest Twitter and Facebook and the rest but I fully understand everyone else uses it. I can absolutely understand a parent using it as long as they aren’t criticizing other players by name...the coach...grow some balls your a man and can handle some criticism...your untrusted your child to this man to make him a better player and when he isn’t fulfilling his end of the barsgain he should be open to criticism.

No it’s called IF you’re a MAN you to to another MAN and talk face to face. HS punks and millennials in their parents basements go after people on Twitter and FB. This is classless and if anyone doesn’t have BALLS it’s this dad.

42 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Bench him.  It's pretty obvious he's going to transfer.  Give his minutes to Race and Jake.  The season is lost anyways.

Exactly, Smith should not see the floor at all and play Race ad Jake so they can be ready for next year.  Also these parents need to stay off social media and talking about the coach because it will not help one bit.

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

There is more to what is happening than voicing an opinion like a fan.  Being part of a team is a family and thst family stays close.  You are not going to hear anything out of players who plaued for Knight unless disgruntled.  

Parents of players are part of the recruiting process, and it is not their job to be negative.  This shows the Smiths are about them, and not the fraternity of the team. 

So if you aren’t disgruntled? If anyone has the right to be disgruntled it is some of these players parents. If my kid played on this mess of a team I would sure be upset too. Again he isn’t criticizing the other kids by names...no big deal. He just blew off some steam about how poor this team is playing and performing under Archie. It’s a free country and he has the right to express his opinion. It isn’t like he is going on radio shows and calling out everyone...he just tweeted back frankly an honest opinion that imo has a lot of truth behind it. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do you really think tweets by a parent of a player attacking and criticizing other players and the coach which are retweeted and agreed with by many fans isn't affecting the cohesion of this team?  Even if it wasn't obvious that Smith was just biding his time and ready to leave, this would have an adverse effect on the team.  Coupled with his apathy, this is very divisive.

Just because social media exists doesn't mean we all get to post whatever the hell we want without consequences.  Right now, the IU basketball team is reaping what Edward Smith is sowing.

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

No it’s called IF you’re a MAN you to to another MAN and talk face to face. HS punks and millennials in their parents basements go after people on Twitter and FB. This is classless and if anyone doesn’t have BALLS it’s this dad.

Omg...chill he has to drive 400 miles to call out Archie face to face? Please.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You can't see a difference between what a random fan says than a parent of a current player ten I don't now what I can tell you.

Archived