Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ib4IU said:

You can only development and improve those that want to be developed and improved. I’m not sure we have many that fit that. I think some are content on playing for a school like IU and being in the Big Ten. So getting old and staying old with players that have no burning desire is pointless and if Archie hasn’t gotten through to them after 2 years then he never will and it’s time to cut the cord. 

Agreed 

I like that we were in on him before. Ed and Archie both were very active. I remember Kira mentioning Carton choosing Ohio St so they stepped up their recruitment,etc....maybe it's easier this time around and just say hey we chose someone else the first time around to focus on you chose someone else to play for....let's get this right the second time around?  Wouldn't count out our former coach on this one. 

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

On Brunk, I heard on radio that Rabjohns said he was coming to IU, any confirmation on that?

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

On Brunk, I heard on radio that Rabjohns said he was coming to IU, any confirmation on that?

You beat me to it

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was listening to JMV on 1070 in Indy and they said that Brunk was transferring from Butler to IU so I thought there would be a lot of talk about it on here.  Has anyone heard that because they said it was RabJohns that reported it>

I heard same thing.  I went and checked out Rabjohns twitter and I am thinking they misread it.

I would not mind that type of pickup if we have one of our bigs transferring.  He would be a good compliment to Davis.  Each of them for 20 minutes a game would be good.

I hope we do get Brunk because he will bring a lot of energy and plays with some passion.  I saw him twice in person while he was in high school and he worked hard on the glass and he really showed a lot of heart on the court.  He also had some very good post moves and had some good up and under moves that you don't really see.  I saw him a few times the last few years at Butler and liked how he played and did not know why they played Fowler over him.

Brunk is an effort kid but he is not a great post scorer...he isn’t really a shot blocker and I think he hurts us on defense because he doesn’t have quick feet for showing on pic n roll. He doesn’t step out and spread the floor. He is depth...but if he doesn’t move the needle at Butler why would I want him at IU? To me it’s another Fitzner situation except Fitz at least spaced the floor.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I think there will be within a couple weeks.

I thought those close to the program said don’t expect changes? We want to get older and bring back the team? Must be getting conflicting info...I think fans want change but I get the feeling that Archie wants these kids back and to improve...just the way he stuck with these guys this year tells me he thinks he can turn them around.

Archived