Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

19 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did you know 40% of all players transfer by the end of their sophomore year?  Only 46% of that 40 go to other D1 schools. Fun fact of the day. Any of the 4 IU kids throw their hat in the ring yet?

Interesting 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I would be shocked if he is...i think that line of thinking of Graduating early went to Georgia 

Justin Smith made All Big-Ten academic. I think he’s the only scholarship player we have that would be graduating in 3 years when it comes to that time. 

3 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Justin Smith made All Big-Ten academic. I think he’s the only scholarship player we have that would be graduating in 3 years when it comes to that time. 

I don’t know that being all-academic is really an indicator. You could be getting straight C’s in every class and still be on track to graduate early if you’ve taken enough credits. 

I am not sure why everyone is hoping Green transfers, I am hoping he's healthy and plays an entire year. He was pretty much the teams best player the last couple of weeks. Yes he's inconsistent and turnover prone, but I think we make the tourney with him healthy/playing a full season. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I am not sure why everyone is hoping Green transfers, I am hoping he's healthy and plays an entire year. He was pretty much the teams best player the last couple of weeks. Yes he's inconsistent and turnover prone, but I think we make the tourney with him healthy/playing a full season. 

Locker room issues. Watch him when he goes to the bench. He is the only player that doesnt slap hands with his teammates, he fakes it. I dont care if you are the best player in the world and if you are a cancer, you aren't worth the trouble.

With that being said, I hope DeVonte gets his head out of his ass and has a senior season to remember.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Not surprised at all but I really thought Moore could turn into a good rotation player.  Well there is the opening for Brunk if he wants to come here.

I think it's definitely the right choice and best move for both parties. 

Didn't look like he would play over TJD, Deron, Thompson, or Forrester. No sense in sticking around when you're that low on the depth charts going into your junior year.

Personally, I'm hoping they use that scholarship to land a shooter. I look at next year's roster and can't find many guys I feel confident with the ball going in when it's shot from behind the arc. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not surprised at all but I really thought Moore could turn into a good rotation player

Under the previous coach, that might've been possible because Moore has developing skill set that is rare for big men. He might've played some minutes under Crean due to his hockey-style substitutions, and Moore could've contributed offensively (I'm not trying to bash Crean but simply giving one example).

But Archie values defense so much so if a player doesn't show much defensive awareness and overall toughness, he simply doesn't give minutes at all. IMO, Moore was not a good fit for Archie's system. Hopefully Moore chooses his next destination wisely, uses his sit-out year to improve his skills, and will have great 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think it's definitely the right choice and best move for both parties. 

Didn't look like he would play over TJD, Deron, Thompson, or Forrester. No sense in sticking around when you're that low on the depth charts going into your junior year.

Personally, I'm hoping they use that scholarship to land a shooter. I look at next year's roster and can't find many guys I feel confident with the ball going in when it's shot from behind the arc. 

I agree we need a shooter and I don't think this is the last roster move

Archived