NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Jeff Goodman’s take:

Daniel Utomi, 6-6, 215, PF, Akron
Stats: 14.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 37% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “He’s a 4-man with some 3-man skills. Elite shooter with size. More of a straight-line one or two-dribble guy. Good team defender.”
Schools: Clemson, Nevada, Ole Miss, USC, Illinois, Xavier, Indiana, Seton Hall, Creighton, North Carolina, Iowa, Wichita State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Kansas

Looking at his stats his scoring and shooting percentage went down this year

17-18 16.7 points 40% 3's and 77% free throws

18-19 14.2 37% 68 %

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking at his stats his scoring and shooting percentage went down this year

17-18 16.7 points 40% 3's and 77% free throws

18-19 14.2 37% 68 %

They added a juco player this year who averaged 11 ppg. Went from 3 in double figures to 4. 

Also Utomi’s FTA went from 126 to 77. He attempted more 3s

18 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They added a juco player this year who averaged 11 ppg. Went from 3 in double figures to 4. 

Also Utomi’s FTA went from 126 to 77. He attempted more 3s

And thats why his numbers went down. Give me made free throws over missed 3's all day. Reading this DeVonte?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Former 5 star Jahvon Quinerly finally makes it official and is leaving Villanova. He's the one that posted in early winter Nova was 2nd choice for a reason. 

Refresh my memory....where did he commit to first?

He was brought up briefly, but does anyone think Kevin Easley gets a look? He’s from Indy, great size at 6’6 220, shot close to 40% from 3. Would have to sit out a year but he was the SoCon freshman of the year. He was a one time top 100 recruit and I believe an injury and things pushed him way down and fell into the 2/300s. Said he’s looking to get closer to home. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Purdue. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Former 5 star Jahvon Quinerly finally makes it official and is leaving Villanova. He's the one that posted in early winter Nova was 2nd choice for a reason. 

If you’re wanting to build culture, this guy does not appear to fit. No thank you

Posted this in the Kira Lewis thread but wanted to see what this thread thought as well:

Does anyone know how the transfer portal works? 

If there is no "repercussions" to entering the portal, theoretically any/every player could enter at the end of the season and see if a "better" school wants them and if not just come back to original school?

1 hour ago, DocHoosier said:

If you’re wanting to build culture, this guy does not appear to fit. No thank you

I mean Villanova is a well run program...also they needed help this year so if he fell out of favor with Wright he isn’t someone I’m looking for.

10 hours ago, cybergates said:

Posted this in the Kira Lewis thread but wanted to see what this thread thought as well:

Does anyone know how the transfer portal works? 

If there is no "repercussions" to entering the portal, theoretically any/every player could enter at the end of the season and see if a "better" school wants them and if not just come back to original school?

Well, for starters, you risk losing your spot at your current school.

19 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

I view Forrester leaving similar to Emmit Holt transfer (albeit different context). High energy player who I was hoping to watch develop over the years. Holt was more talented though IMO

That's a good comparison. I have a feeling in a couple years there will be a time when we will be thinking or wishing he would have stayed.

Archived