Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably got a 5 star rating because he went to Duke

More than likely. It's amazing the bump up or bump down some of these kids get depending on which school they choose. The kid Illinois got a commitment from in January was once a high 4 or borderline 5 star.....he's now in the 50's or 60's depending on service. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

More than likely. It's amazing the bump up or bump down some of these kids get depending on which school they choose. The kid Illinois got a commitment from in January was once a high 4 or borderline 5 star.....he's now in the 50's or 60's depending on service. 

It happens to IU football recruits all the time after they commit to IU

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is why I have felt forever that star ratings are for the alumni and fans so they can puff their chests out. I understand that we have to have talent, but once the kids get on the floor, Stars next to their names are meaningless 

Good scoring California transfer to Ohio State:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- "Justice Sueing took to Twitter to announce his decision to transfer to Ohio State.

pic.twitter.com/THfieuu9XC

— Justice Sueing (@JusticeSueing) May 11, 2019

The 6-foot-7, 215-pound Sueing spent the first two years at California, where he averaged 14.1 points and 5.7 rebounds in 63 games.

He will redshirt the 2019-20 season and have two years left of eligibility."

(Edit:  also posted this in the "transfers" thread.  Not sure what the difference is between that thread and this one.)

DF23HTHJG5GIREE3W7GNGJG7GY.jpg

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Quentin Grimes pulled out of the draft and is entering the transfer portal.

http://m.kusports.com/news/2019/may/29/quentin-grimes-withdraws-nba-draft-pool-planning-t/?templates=mobile

He never matched his 5 star status and the fans turned on him. Plenty of negative comments towards this kid. Of course I don't think he ever deserved the 5 star ranking to begin with. Everything about Kansas right now feels odd. It's almost weekly news comes out of there.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mentioned this in the declaring for the draft thread.

Kerry Blackshear from Va Tech has pulled out of the draft and will return to college--but probably not to the Hokies.

Of course, UK is named as the leader to land him. Would be nice if CAM put the full court press on him.

And Brooks loses more minutes. 

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mentioned this in the declaring for the draft thread.

Kerry Blackshear from Va Tech has pulled out of the draft and will return to college--but probably not to the Hokies.

Of course, UK is named as the leader to land him. Would be nice if CAM put the full court press on him.

Richards came back too...that team is so loaded with players. There are going to be good ball players sitting the bench.

11 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

And Brooks loses more minutes. 

Yep. I mean I'm all for confidence and thinking he'll earn the minutes but right now they have to be thinking so we say yes to UK and they recruit 3-4 more guys like me afterwards? 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I mean I'm all for confidence and thinking he'll earn the minutes but right now they have to be thinking so we say yes to UK and they recruit 3-4 more guys like me afterwards? 

The only thing I can say is it seems guys who even just score a few points a game and barely play still get drafted on potential alone. Perhaps just UK signing off on the kid will be enough to get him a high evaluation...I don’t get it.

Archived