Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Makes sense...probably picked it up from my dad too. Some reason I associate it with these college athletes and schools that let them slide by. Guess it’s been around a lot longer than I thought.

Pretty much the same principle.  And I have no idea how long it has been around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, Hoosierinbham said:

I gave my wife hell over B-rad.  Just feel bad for the Z Cavaricci store and herringbone chain kiosk at the Lexington mall. They're going to lose a bundle with B-rad gone. Collateral damage.

What.....the actual...f...

https://soft7sports.com/2019/03/26/brad-swag-ranking-brad-caliparis-outfits/

If Dad is Teflon John, Son is Growing Up Gotti.

Normally, I wouldn't advise anyone to be more like John Calipari in any regard, but Brad could take a fashion tip or 6 from the old man. He's the epitome of what's wrong with college basketball, but damn if he doesn't have some nice looking suits.

47 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

What.....the actual...f...

https://soft7sports.com/2019/03/26/brad-swag-ranking-brad-caliparis-outfits/

If Dad is Teflon John, Son is Growing Up Gotti.

Normally, I wouldn't advise anyone to be more like John Calipari in any regard, but Brad could take a fashion tip or 6 from the old man. He's the epitome of what's wrong with college basketball, but damn if he doesn't have some nice looking suits.

Could be worse. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiSgG_pfJ4BVBYb4ebQ3a

Your son could be wearing this

• 6 months later...

I want to bring this thread back to the front page because there are plenty of players entering the transfer portal and I think it would be our best option to get a grad transfer rather than using a scholarship for the 2021 class.  Thought of it now because Seth Towns from Harvard just put his name in the portal and he may end up being the best player available. 

52 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

I want to bring this thread back to the front page because there are plenty of players entering the transfer portal and I think it would be our best option to get a grad transfer rather than using a scholarship for the 2021 class.  Thought of it now because Seth Towns from Harvard just put his name in the portal and he may end up being the best player available. 

I couldn’t agree more 

A veteran guard who can (a) handle the ball and see the floor, (b) hit jumpers when open, and (c) keep his man in front of him on defense, would be greatly welcomed.  

I would keep tabs on bigs in case TJD pops for the league. His dad is no doubt well connected and he would have access to good insight.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

A veteran guard who can (a) handle the ball and see the floor, (b) hit jumpers when open, and (c) keep his man in front of him on defense, would be greatly welcomed.  

I would keep tabs on bigs in case TJD pops for the league. His dad is no doubt well connected and he would have access to good insight.  

Agree.  There are plenty of guards from smaller conferences who put up huge numbers.  I would love to get one of them to come in and just be a flat out scorer.  The only downside of a grad transfer to me would be that they could disrupt team chemistry so we would need to be careful on that.

7 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

Agree.  There are plenty of guards from smaller conferences who put up huge numbers.  I would love to get one of them to come in and just be a flat out scorer.  The only downside of a grad transfer to me would be that they could disrupt team chemistry so we would need to be careful on that.

Not if we get a Max Bielfeldt type. He was the opposite of that in every sense.

1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Is there any bigs that look promising? Also I am all for bringing in a couple transfers or jucos. Also I know this isn't a transfer but anew guy popped up on the board Kai Sotto.

Kai Sotto.  I saw some UK fans saying he was scheduled to take an unofficial to Lexington about a month or so ago.  IIRC he is enrolled in HS somewhere in Georgia.  

19 hours ago, rico said:

Any idea where Maryland's Mitchell twins will end up?

Maybe it happens more often but they are actually finishing up semester as students and will transfer in spring. Seems odd to me. They transfer now and get away from the very people, team,etc...they wanted to leave to begin with and are eligible next year at semester break. Now they go to class, hang out on campus and have to sit out all of next year too? Seems odd.

Archived