Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

43 minutes ago, BDB said:

Hopefully, Archie takes a look the grad transfer's available this year.  A few PG's on the list already.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

Looks like a lot of them have some baggage to them and have been to a lot of schools.  The two that caught my eye were,

Seth Towns- Harvard 6'7 but been out two years  16. and 5.7 and shot 44% from 3

Mike Smith- Columbia  5'11 21.9 4.3 4.6 41% from 3

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like a lot of them have some baggage to them and have been to a lot of schools.  The two that caught my eye were,

Seth Towns- Harvard 6'7 but been out two years  16. and 5.7 and shot 44% from 3

Mike Smith- Columbia  5'11 21.9 4.3 4.6 41% from 3

I believe Towns has been injured two years in a row..

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2020/01/03/indiana-basketball-hoosiers-possible-suitor-top-grad-transfer/

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If he wants to come here, fine by me.  Doesn't fill a huge need though. 

Given he'd have to sit out a year he'd be replacing Davis, Brunk and possibly TJD though. Obviously rather have them replaced by Furst and/or Kaufman, but if we miss on them he'd fill a need IMO

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

In the thread on the main basketball board, BruceDouglas, our resident Whinin Illini guy, said they don't have room for him...

Don't know if that's accounting for Cockburn and/or Dosunmu possibly going pro or not...

I think they this year...they may be full for next but that’s impossible to know without seeing who declares. And you can always Crean someone lol.

36 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

Brooks played 7 minutes no stats? 

Speaking of him....on twitter he liked the Indiana on BTN segment about TJD and how he was recruited. I know they are friends so probably nothing to it but he hasn't liked one thing IU since early December and that was only when TJD complimented him first. 

1 hour ago, NY hoosier said:

Watched the whole game yesterday and a few others this season.  He is used sparingly and I could see him leaving knowing he will probably get less time next year.  He could work it out down there but I’m thinking they are wishing they made a different choice.  

1 hour ago, NY hoosier said:

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of him....on twitter he liked the Indiana on BTN segment about TJD and how he was recruited. I know they are friends so probably nothing to it but he hasn't liked one thing IU since early December and that was only when TJD complimented him first. 

So I think Brooks is questioning his “dad’s” decision on going to UK. I wouldn’t be surprised if he transferred at the end of the year. His AAU coach has been complaining about how Cal has used him every single game and even made a comment hinting at transferring. This could be all him or it could be coming from the Brooks family but everyone except for Brooks Sr should have seen this coming.

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

So I think Brooks is questioning his “dad’s” decision on going to UK. I wouldn’t be surprised if he transferred at the end of the year. His AAU coach has been complaining about how Cal has used him every single game and even made a comment hinting at transferring. This could be all him or it could be coming from the Brooks family but everyone except for Brooks Sr should have seen this coming.

Who is or was his aau coach? I'd love to hear what he's saying since his team was integral in sending him to the bench for a year.

Archived