Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

1 hour ago, Hard Hat said:

Watched the whole game yesterday and a few others this season.  He is used sparingly and I could see him leaving knowing he will probably get less time next year.  He could work it out down there but I’m thinking they are wishing they made a different choice.  

Brooks was coming off a decent game, at least stat wise, that other kid leaves the program, and still Brooks sits. Can't bode well for him making much happen this year. Who would have guessed?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Who is or was his aau coach? I'd love to hear what he's saying since his team was integral in sending him to the bench for a year.

His names Chris Peterson I believe. He coached the Indy Hoosiers team that Kris Wilkes, Paul Scruggs, and Zach Gunn played on. I believe he coached Brooks when he was younger. This is part of a conversation that looks like some of the tweets have since been deleted. 

1930FCFE-E2C3-4630-9FF7-946CC3206FDA.jpeg

25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

His names Chris Peterson I believe. He coached the Indy Hoosiers team that Kris Wilkes, Paul Scruggs, and Zach Gunn played on. I believe he coached Brooks when he was younger. This is part of a conversation that looks like some of the tweets have since been deleted. 

1930FCFE-E2C3-4630-9FF7-946CC3206FDA.jpeg

Sounds like a jerk.  Guy trying to have a conversation and he responds like that.  Is he still in his 20s?  Big grown man

I've been saying this all season...he's a lousy fit for UK...would have been so much better off at numerous other schools, not just IU.  As far as IU goes, I'm guessing that ship has sailed...

1. He's already being seen by many as damaged goods/overrated.  I don't personally believe that, but his season's numbers are not helping his reputation with those who didn't follow him closely in high school.
  2. He'd have to sit during the season IU could likely use him the most.  After next year, Jordan Geronimo, Jerome Hunter, Damezi Anderson and Trey Galloway all have another year of experience in the system with at least Hunter likely getting significant minutes in game action.  Worse yet, undoubtedly, IU will add at least one more talented wing in the 2021 class.  That's a lot to go through even if Brooks has a resurgent year.
  3. Don't know, but suspect that there's a little bit of a bad taste in the mouths of the IU coaching staff over how the end of that recruitment went down.  Not sure they are real interested in attaching KBS to the program.

This is exhibit A as to why parents should not push so hard to influence a child's decision and why recruits should look hard at fit vs. flash.  This is far from the first recruit misled by Cal's pitch.

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I've been saying this all season...he's a lousy fit for UK...would have been so much better off at numerous other schools, not just IU.  As far as IU goes, I'm guessing that ship has sailed...

1. He's already being seen by many as damaged goods/overrated.  I don't personally believe that, but his season's numbers are not helping his reputation with those who didn't follow him closely in high school.
  2. He'd have to sit during the season IU could likely use him the most.  After next year, Jordan Geronimo, Jerome Hunter, Damezi Anderson and Trey Galloway all have another year of experience in the system with at least Hunter likely getting significant minutes in game action.  Worse yet, undoubtedly, IU will add at least one more talented wing in the 2021 class.  That's a lot to go through even if Brooks has a resurgent year.
  3. Don't know, but suspect that there's a little bit of a bad taste in the mouths of the IU coaching staff over how the end of that recruitment went down.  Not sure they are real interested in attaching KBS to the program.

This is exhibit A as to why parents should not push so hard to influence a child's decision and why recruits should look hard at fit vs. flash.  This is far from the first recruit misled by Cal's pitch.

Believe it or not there is a growing number of UK fans that are tired of Cal's pitch as well.  They are the ones that long for 2-3 year players.  

I doubt he would go to IU. Did Alford recruit him at UCLA? I could see him going to Nevada. That said Brooks is a small ball 4. Similar to Smith. He hustles on defense so that is a plus. Still pretty raw on offense. We will lose basically our whole front court but Race likely...he would fit here...but I would think he will try to make it work down there. Losing another year just sets him back further. I imagine he just goes pro after next year even if it’s just g league and tries to make it work.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I doubt he would go to IU. Did Alford recruit him at UCLA? I could see him going to Nevada. That said Brooks is a small ball 4. Similar to Smith. He hustles on defense so that is a plus. Still pretty raw on offense. We will lose basically our whole front court but Race likely...he would fit here...but I would think he will try to make it work down there. Losing another year just sets him back further. I imagine he just goes pro after next year even if it’s just g league and tries to make it work.

His dad’s ego is to big for Nevada and he would have better options. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

He might fit, but he'd get reserve minutes.  He's not going to beat Hunter in his 4th year in the program and he's not any bigger.  Who knows who else might be in front of him.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah, I think he is better off staying at UK.

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

He and Hunter could play on the court together. 

Agreed. He is a willing defender...willing to mix it up with bigger guys and athletic enough to cover smaller guys on switches. Would he have been able to help close out on Maryland on those 3's better...perhaps. I think the way Archie plays he would fit. Besides....the way we run 4 min stretches there will be plenty of time for several guys to play if he is willing to share his time. I think it's a false narrative that only Jerome will get better but Keion couldn't. Keion would have a year to practice and watch and learn as well. I just don't think he is willing to sit another year...the whole point was to get to the NBA as fast as possible no matter what...so I see him staying and going pro after next year no matter what the circumstances. I just don't write kids off...I'm sure Archie might not prioritize recruiting him again but wouldn't it be nice to have a 6-8 border line 5* recruit that can guard perhaps 1-5 depending on matchups? Not to mention maybe the good will to help with recruiting his brother?

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

He might fit, but he'd get reserve minutes.  He's not going to beat Hunter in his 4th year in the program and he's not any bigger.  Who knows who else might be in front of him.

If that was the case why did we recruit him to begin with? They can coexist just fine. Might not be ideal for him...especially now but the kid went to Kentucky...I'm pretty sure he isn't scared to compete for his minutes...he just went too far into the deep end is all imo. Keion is very talented and VERY athletic...that said he wasn't refined necessarily at anything and when you are trying to carve out minutes against an elite talent level of kids...sometimes its just better to be really good at a couple things like the old saying "jack of all trades master of none". If you can master some things you can usually find your way to the floor when the team is missing something. As the season goes a long Cal usually tightens his rotations and goes with the guys in roles he believes in them in. Keion just hasn't proven to excel over other guys in any one area even though overall he can do a lot of things ok.

Archived