Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I thought he would have two years left because he sat out his first year and then he has played his last two years.  Also it might be a chance that he could be able to graduate after 3 years so he could be a grad transfer with 2 years left of eligibility.

I wondered this myself. I also personally think he fits the Big Ten style of play better than the Big East.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought he would have two years left because he sat out his first year and then he has played his last two years.  Also it might be a chance that he could be able to graduate after 3 years so he could be a grad transfer with 2 years left of eligibility.  What I like about Brunk is the passion he plays with plus he has some very good post moves with his up and under move

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/joey-brunk-1.html

Shows stats for three seasons?

EDIT: I see he got a hardship waiver for an extra year.  Still, unless he's graduating and able to play right away, not interested, personally.  He scored 7 points on a pretty bad Butler team.  We have guys that can do that.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

EDIT: I see he got a hardship waiver for an extra year.  Still, unless he's graduating and able to play right away, not interested, personally.  He scored 7 points on a pretty bad Butler team.  We have guys that can do that.

Difference is that Brunk does have some experience and he does play well with his back to the basket.  I wouldn't be disappointed to see him come to IU but I would think he would go to OSU since he went to Butler to play for Holtmann.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think IU has more pressing needs (shooters/scorers at the wing/guard spots), but Brunk seems like a kid we would all complain about IU recruiting, then would end up at OSU and help beat IU, then we’d all complain that Holtman beat out Archie for him. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I think IU has more pressing needs (shooters/scorers at the wing/guard spots), but Brunk seems like a kid we would all complain about IU recruiting, then would end up at OSU and help beat IU, then we’d all complain that Holtman beat out Archie for him. 

To me if we have two more openings I would like to see a knock down shooter and a big man.  I would not bring in Brunk and expect him to start but if he would give you 7-8 points and 5 rebs off the bench that would be a big hole to fill.  I don't think anyone besides Davis, we don't have a true post player who will  play with their back to the basket so to me that is a need going forward.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Possibly.  I've seen online posts that painted Joey's dad in an unflattering light (Lavar Ball, anyone?), but that's just unverified internet chatter.  As I said earlier, he doesn't seem like a player worth a transfer year to me, so if he's not set to graduate, I'm having a hard time getting excited.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if we have two more openings I would like to see a knock down shooter and a big man.  I would not bring in Brunk and expect him to start but if he would give you 7-8 points and 5 rebs off the bench that would be a big hole to fill.  I don't think anyone besides Davis, we don't have a true post player who will  play with their back to the basket so to me that is a need going forward.

TJD?

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Possibly.  I've seen online posts that painted Joey's dad in an unflattering light (Lavar Ball, anyone?), but that's just unverified internet chatter.  As I said earlier, he doesn't seem like a player worth a transfer year to me, so if he's not set to graduate, I'm having a hard time getting excited.

You do realize that Joey's dad died 2 years ago and tat was the reason Joey sat out that one  year.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You do realize that Joey's dad died 2 years ago and tat was the reason Joey sat out that one  year.

Actually I didn't.  Must be some old chatter.

Edit: Actually, it was chatter in another forum around this year's Butler game.  All I can guess is that the poster was recalling behavior from Joey's high school days and didn't realized dad had subsequently passed away.  Nothing I could verify anyway...just another anonymous internet poster.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see him just as a back to the basket early on because he won't be strong enough early on.

That's fine if Brunk can play next season.  Then again, De'Ron Davis will likely get most of those minutes as a senior.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Just saw on a Butler message board that Joey Brunk is looking to transfer from Butler and the word is that he is looking at IU and OSU as his preferred destinations. The way it sounded was that there have been some back channel conversations that have taken place as well.

Certainly an option I holdout until I know all of the transfers. Not saying a guy like Reid Travis is available every year but why rush? We have immediate playing time to offer. I need pure shooters or really strong big man. Brunk doesn't seem to be either of those. 

19 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Brunk would be a grad transfer.  Would be a good addition if he does go to IU.  

I think he has two years of eligibility as well.  I say if he transfers he probably would go to OSU to play for Holtman since that is who he committed to

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone watch this Nathan Childress kid from Zionsville? Preferred walk on for 2019. 

I saw Childress play against my kid's high school in the regular season this year. Also on Zionsville was the Thompson kid going to Purdue, who was definitely the best player on the floor. Not knowing who anyone else was at the time, I thought Childress was certainly a decent player and probably the second best player on the floor. He seemed heady, played tough down low when needed and can hit the 3. Also was more of a vocal leader on the floor than Thompson. I'm not a talent evaluator by any means, but I certainly remembered this kid in the matchup of two 4A schools.

Archived