Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think he has two years of eligibility as well.  I say if he transfers he probably would go to OSU to play for Holtman since that is who he committed to

What does tOSU have coming in?  Any schollys available?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

Brunk would be a grad transfer.  Would be a good addition if he does go to IU.  

Thank you for finally confirming that.  That's what I've been asking all day and it completely changes the calculus for adding Brunk.  He can backup De'Ron next year and TJD the year after that.  Now, we just have to find a scholarship for him...

47 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Thank you for finally confirming that.  That's what I've been asking all day and it completely changes the calculus for adding Brunk.  He can backup De'Ron next year and TJD the year after that.  Now, we just have to find a scholarship for him...

Yes, he would be a grad transfer. I agree though, I actually think we need a shooter at the guard spot and could use another scoring wing, as Hunter is really the only one on the roster, unless Langford shocks us and comes back. While I wouldn’t mind adding another big, I’m most comfortable with that spot right now in terms of what’s coming back and coming in assuming they’re all. healthy. 

Not sure I see a fit here for Brunk. He's a backup at the Big Ten level and can only play the 5, which is probably our best position looking at next year (Deron, TJD). He'd be our seventh post player on the roster, and the fifth post player in the soph + junior classes alone.

Unless we have multiple transfers, I don't think he makes sense. Cliff Moore can't even get on the floor, are we sure Brunk is better than him?

11 hours ago, Shooter said:

Not sure I see a fit here for Brunk. He's a backup at the Big Ten level and can only play the 5, which is probably our best position looking at next year (Deron, TJD). He'd be our seventh post player on the roster, and the fifth post player in the soph + junior classes alone.

Unless we have multiple transfers, I don't think he makes sense. Cliff Moore can't even get on the floor, are we sure Brunk is better than him?

Playing a little bit of "Devil's Advocate" here, but Davis has had some injuries, Moore has basically no playing experience and can't impress the coaches enough to even get in games, and TJD will have a big adjustment to make stepping up to big time college ball (IMHO he won't be an instant contributor).  Also, if the reports are true about us needing to bolster our API, Brunk is a very good student and would help in that regard.

Now back to being objective, I don't know what options we will have as far as transfers go at this point.  We also don't know if we will lose players to transfer.  Ideally, I'd rather snag a kid that has both experience and multiple years of eligibility remaining - preferably one that can be a reliable shooter - that is an immediate need and I'm not especially confident that any of our current players are going to improve dramatically.  If things go as they usually seem to, anyone we add will be out of left field.

I have serious doubts that we're going to pick up an additional 2019 recruit.  I get the impression that we got in too late on the few remaining uncommitted guys (I still think we were convinced the FW kid was ours).  I don't think Archie would take a kid at this point just to use the scholarship (I hope not).  I think our only hope for a 2019, albeit a small one, is a player re-opens his commitment due to a coaching change somewhere.

29 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

We absolutely need to bring in scorers and high percentage shooters. Not a fan of bringing in Brunk with a ton of front court bodies already. Really hope we do not go this route.

I hope we go this route and a couple of good shooters all with experience 

3 hours ago, Ib4IU said:

Just announced Bryce Moore of Western Michigan will be grad transfer. Attended Park Tudor. 6’2 guard. All-MAC defensive 17-18 season. Sat out this year with injury. 

Heck, he can't shoot from inside the arc.....no thank you.

3 hours ago, Ib4IU said:

Just announced Bryce Moore of Western Michigan will be grad transfer. Attended Park Tudor. 6’2 guard. All-MAC defensive 17-18 season. Sat out this year with injury. 

3 hours ago, Ib4IU said:

I’d have to wonder about his ability to be a big time contributor but if he can handle the ball and shoot it, might need someone like him to spell Rob some. We all saw Devonte working the press against Arkansas. Yikes. Love what Devonte has been over the last several weeks and hope he continues to build on it. But we could use someone that can shoot and handle the ball

39 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Consider?! This guy should be option 1, 2, 3 and 4. He’s an absolute stud and fills a position of need!

Correct but he will have to sit next year which is why I would want to see if they can land anyone that can help sooner than that. 

Archived