Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Looks like we are going to contribute a few players to that pool!

It can be done. Much different sport I'll just say this. Hurricanes fired Mark Richt in year 3 because it was going downhill quickly. They hired local legend Manny Diaz and he's hit the transfer portal as hard as anyone landing about 6 starters in the last 30 days. If we need to go hard on grad transfer/juco guys for a year until 2021 class in Indiana so be it. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It can be done. Much different sport I'll just say this. Hurricanes fired Mark Richt in year 3 because it was going downhill quickly. They hired local legend Manny Diaz and he's hit the transfer portal as hard as anyone landing about 6 starters in the last 30 days. If we need to go hard on grad transfer/juco guys for a year until 2021 class in Indiana so be it. 

This is why I'm not interested in a vonleh type of kid.  These juco kids are eating peanut butter sandwiches grinding their a## off.  

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You better believe it can be done and it will be.

Thing is sometimes these kids just blossom later...yes some use it as their personal playground to jack up as many points as possible but there are plenty that work their @ss off and get better but just didn’t have the grades or had issues coming out of school. It’s perfect too because they don’t eat a scholly for 4 years and can allow us to space out our classes appropriately.

1 hour ago, HoosierKix said:

Emmanuel Akot is transferring from Arizona a 6’7 guard who was a five star out of HS. We could definitely take a guard that size

Shouldn’t be hard for the two coaches to connect HOWEVER, why is he transferring? If he isn’t coach able we won’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

19 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Shouldn’t be hard for the two coaches to connect HOWEVER, why is he transferring? If he isn’t coach able we won’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

Good question as to why.  Especially with the timing of it.  But I thought I saw somewhere that he was going to Boise St.?

On 2/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, NotIThatLives said:

Time to keep a closer eye on this when some quality guys graduate with eligibility.   

247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/TransferPortal/

If I had any confidence Jaylen Fisher at TCU was healthy, he'd be a nice addition to this team. Kid plays with a lot of heart and shoots 44% from 3 and 90% from FT line.

Archived