Hartman opens up about Archie

Sorry for a new post; however, take the time to listen to this entire pod cast.  Hartman ends up saying that Archie is a brilliant basketball mind, an excellent coach.  He also said the coaching staff is also excellent, unbelievable.  Emphasises that these players lack heart, except for one or two.  

Crean brought in Hulls, Victor, Will who changed the culture.  Go get the kids that understand it all.

Listen to the entire podcast to really learn.  Don't listen around kids- some language is used.

https://thegruelingtruth.net/podcast/indiana-basketball-weekly-recapiu-minnesota-post-game-show-w-steve-risley-and-collin-hartman/

Sorry if this belongs in a thread, but it will get lost.

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

It wasn't a list that he shared.  I typed that becaue it is what changed the culture in the Crean tenure.  Colin was a kid who knew it, and without injuries could of put up numbers.  Yes, he played with a will to win.

And you could tell I didn't listen to the podcast. 😂

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Interesting that a podcast from a guy who has played the game and has insights that only someone who has access to the inner workings of the team has a thread with less than 10 posts, yet a thread about some loud mouth parent taking pot shots at the program, players and coaches is on its 6th page 

Considering I started both threads, trying to provide authentic resources.....one takes time to listen, and one is a quick hit graphic.  Really beleive Hartman is dead on with his comments.  It would be interesting to hear him assess skill set of players (especially the ones he played with)

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Interesting that a podcast from a guy who has played the game and has insights that only someone who has access to the inner workings of the team has a thread with less than 10 posts, yet a thread about some loud mouth parent taking pot shots at the program, players and coaches is on its 6th page 

I just haven't had the time to listen to it today.  Anxious to get to it later tonight or on Monday.

Haven't listened to it yet either, but without even knowing what he said, I trust Collin Hartman's opinions on basketball infinitely more than an opinion of a biased third party posted to Twitter.

Collin played for these coaches and with most of these players, yet his biggest tie he has left is the program itself. Hard to beat that level of insight.

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Haven't listened to it yet either, but without even knowing what he said, I trust Collin Hartman's opinions on basketball infinitely more than an opinion of a biased third party posted to Twitter.

Collin played for these coaches and with most of these players, yet his biggest tie he has left is the program itself. Hard to beat that level of insight.

Long term we’ll be fine. If a coach had been here for 7-8 years and we had a cancer year like this it would be a zit to pop and nothing more. We’d move on. Only reason for 80% of our emotion is baggage built up from LONG before Archie was here.

I think Collin's solution is a great one. 

Run them in to the ground today. Find out who really wants it, who really cares, who will run themselves in to the ground for their teammate.

There are 5 active players that signed up to play for Archie (Romeo, Rob, Damezi, Jake, Race).
There's a senior, Juwan, who by all accounts has been great from an attitude standpoint.
I think the same can be said for Al Durham
I think the same can be said for Deron Davis...who has worked his butt off to get back on the court and has played very hard when given his opportunity.

I would bet anyone on this forum that, besides Deron (due to physical restraints), those 7 guys are the last ones standing when Archie tells them to run until they can't run anymore. 

37 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Run them in to the ground today. Find out who really wants it, who really cares, who will run themselves in to the ground for their teammate.

There are 5 active players that signed up to play for Archie (Romeo, Rob, Damezi, Jake, Race).
There's a senior, Juwan, who by all accounts has been great from an attitude standpoint.
I think the same can be said for Deron Davis...who has worked his butt off to get back on the court and has played very hard when given his opportunity.

I would bet anyone on this forum that, besides Deron (due to physical restraints), those 7 guys are the last ones standing when Archie tells them to run until they can't run anymore. 

Unless his Achilles flares up, De'Ron would make it 8.

55 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

You think Romeo would be left?? Not saying he wouldn’t but does he not look like he is going through the motions and counting the minutes until he is drafted? I hate saying it but I don’t see the fire in him.

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Two reasons:

1) It takes time to listen to

2) People don’t want to listen or did listen and don’t like him not blaming CAM or think they know more than Hartman 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I haven’t got a chance to listen yet, but did Steve come back? Last time he was so angry he said he didn’t want to do the podcast anymore lol. 

Steve was on the Kent Sterling show this week and was not angry at all and stood behind Archie and thought he would do a good job.  All he sad was that he had a problem with the team not playing with any urgency or purpose/

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Steve was on the Kent Sterling show this week and was not angry at all and stood behind Archie and thought he would do a good job.  All he sad was that he had a problem with the team not playing with any urgency or purpose/

Oh sweet. I wasn’t sure I guess they just did the podcast too soon after the game. He was heated. It was quite entertaining. 

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You think Romeo would be left?? Not saying he wouldn’t but does he not look like he is going through the motions and counting the minutes until he is drafted? I hate saying it but I don’t see the fire in him.

To make a comparison, his personality is more Watford than Oladipo. Just because he isn't outwardly showing emotion or desire doesn't mean he doesn't have any.

Archived