Purdue Pregame Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cline is the crafty veteran who doesn't turn the ball over and certainly will  hurt you from 3. With that said. I'm not letting Edwards beat me. Man to man with immediate help...almost to a point of double team. He's shown he can off shooting nights often.

Maryland Loss-8/27

Minnesota Win-6/20

Sparty Win-4/19

Sparty Loss-3/16

Figure out a way to provide  help on him often and let's see if he has another off night shooting. In terms of us. Pound it down low early and see if we get can Hairms in early foul trouble and take our chances with Morgan/Davis vs Williams/Boudreaux.

Of course if we show up with the same level of effort. Purdue will be up by 12 at the 13 minute mark and here we go again will be resonating. 

Back in town so I can go to this game.  I don’t feel optimism or pessimism.  Not sure that’s good or bad.  My only hope, we see one of two drastic changes:

1.  Team plays better in some shape or form and helps drive the crowd to lead the team on to a win

2.  Drastic change actually ends up being Archie forcing Glass to serve beer during the game so I can stomach the game in person 

21 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Back in town so I can go to this game.  I don’t feel optimism or pessimism.  Not sure that’s good or bad.  My only hope, we see one of two drastic changes:

1.  Team plays better in some shape or form and helps drive the crowd to lead the team on to a win

2.  Drastic change actually ends up being Archie forcing Glass to serve beer during the game so I can stomach the game in person 

My suggestion. Find a watering hole by 3pm. Haha. Enjoy your time. 

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

we start the same 5 guys.  We run the same stupid offense.  We give them a big 15 point run which forces us to fight the whole game to end up losing by 2 in the final seconds.  Everyone says we had drastic changes and the team is finally starting to gel.  Lose the remainder of the season.  Start watching baseball.  Meh

Have a nice day! Haha. Kidding. Trying to do my part to change the tone from the past couple of days. 

If this team even has 1 ounce of pride they will find a way to be in this game at the end 

Doing some quick research. Currently 12th in the conference is the worst place we have ever been in this late in the season.  We are an OT win away from sharing the longest conference losing streak in the history of our program. 

This group needs to sac up and just find a way.  IU 64  PU 62

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A little reincarnation of this would do all of us some good.  The last IU/ Purdue I attended. I miss this type of effort and shooting. A win tonight does not save the season but anytime you beat the Toiletmakers whether it be in basketball or checkers its a glorious day!! 

It would be nice to watch this level of basketball at IU again, sooner rather than later hopefully

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A little reincarnation of this would do all of us some good.  The last IU/ Purdue I attended. I miss this type of effort and shooting. A win tonight does not save the season but anytime you beat the Toiletmakers whether it be in basketball or checkers its a glorious day!! 

Well, Elston will be sitting on the bench at the start of both of these games...a glimmer of hope...

:nansplit:

Archived