Honoring the Van Arsdale's

snowling

Well deserved IMHO.  My only regret is that many of our younger members, never got a chance to watch the twins, both as Hoosiers, and as Pro's.

Without even clicking on the links about their careers.... it is kind of eerie as to how close their stats were to each other at IU, and as pro's considering they played for different teams as professionals.

I hope Dakich says something nice about the twins on Tuesday.

And thanks for the link, Snowling.

Something more about Dak saying something about the twins on Tuesday.  Again... I don't listen to his show.  However, it keeps popping up on You Tube as a video I may be interested in.  So I clicked on, and heard him with Fisch.  At one point Dak went on a tirade about IU noting recruits in the crowd, but not doing anything about former players in the crowd of the last home game.  NOW... I REALLY, REALLY want to see....what , if anything he says about the twins. 

Oh, by the way... only part way through the video.... and Dak hung up on everyone of his callers to that point, with the exception of one.... calling the others clowns.... even though they had legit comments to make.  Dak has really turned into a clown.

And by the way. Dak. If you were as a great of a coach as you profess to be,  and  as a critic of Archie as a coach as you say.   Why did in 10 years at Bowling Green did you go 89-89  in conference play ?  And then.... being an IU guy as you are.... how did you manage to go just 3-4 as an interim coach at IU, when given the chance of a lifetime ?   Those figures don't speak out to me,  as being the great coach, that you profess to be.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

being an IU guy as you are.... how did you manage to go just 3-4 as an interim coach at IU, when given the chance of a lifetime ?

Having a roster that was 50% disgruntled potheads probably didn't help. Although to his credit, he did take the flamethrower to the roster to start the cleanup.

Funny (to me at least) story regarding the Van Arsdales:

Back in the late 80's I was at a doctors appointment and casually mentioned to my old doc that I was heading down to Bloomington to see the game that evening.  He said something to the effect of "Oh, I haven't been to the new fieldhouse (Assembly Hall) yet".  I thought, wow, the place has been open for almost 20 years and he hasn't been there...yet?  For a moment there, I assumed he had no interest in the basketball program.

Then, he proceeds to tell me, very matter of factly, that he could probably go with a good friend of he and his wife's - Mrs. Van Arsdale.  Turns out they had dinner together on a very regular basis.  You never know.

Archived