Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Since we’re all a little agitated. Is there room for elimination of spam posts by posters peddling their sites without really contributing anything else here. That’s starting to get really annoying. 

My apologies if you feel that way - it was not my intention. I summarized the takeaway in the post but shared the link in case anyone wanted to read it.

3 minutes ago, rbkl said:

My apologies if you feel that way - it was not my intention. I summarized the takeaway in the post but shared the link in case anyone wanted to read it.

Oh, I wasnt referring to you. I didn’t want to mention any names but it obvious who I’m talking about. We all follow you on twitter and know the site (it’s a good follow and a good site too btw). If you’re gonna peddle your articles here daily then I think you should at least be a regular poster. I don’t come here for your sites daily updates.

12 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Since we’re all a little agitated. Is there room for elimination of spam posts by posters peddling their sites without really contributing anything else here. That’s starting to get really annoying. 

Other sites that post here have done things the correct way and got our blessing. As always use the ignore button.

If the kid needs some more time. Cool. What I'll say is that  adding more time is no big deal...but he can expect a little push back from some because everything he and his circle has said in public and most certainly privately is he would commit in November, before season starts,etc....

My hunch is Izzo has watched this rodeo before. He plays the good guy, take your time, no pressure,etc.....even suggesting why be in such a rush....the decision is so important you have to wait,etc....in the interim Izzo understands there will be blow back from our fans (therefore making a kid upset) and during the coming months Izzo can strengthen his relationship with TJD. That's how I would recruit an Indiana player.

Hopefully TJD's closest people can see how they are being worked right now. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If the kid needs some more time. Cool. What I'll say is that  adding more time is no big deal...but he can expect a little push back from some because everything he and his circle has said in public and most certainly privately is he would commit in November, before season starts,etc....

My hunch is Izzo has watched this rodeo before. He plays the good guy, take your time, no pressure,etc.....even suggesting why be in such a rush....the decision is so important you have to wait,etc....in the interim Izzo understands there will be blow back from our fans (therefore making a kid upset) and during the coming months Izzo can strengthen his relationship with TJD. That's how I would recruit an Indiana player.

Hopefully TJD's closest people can see how they are being worked right now. 

Accurate information interpretation is paramount.  Snippet from Rivals Corey Evans TJD interview on 10/31/18.  

93C25A7A-26C0-427A-8FBB-77DC44F51850.jpeg

10 minutes ago, McHoop said:

Personally,  I wouldn't blame CAM for "feathering his nest" and actively recruiting any remaining players who would fill the same role.   It gets to a point where this cuts both ways.

McHoop

I agree could be the results of kids having guaranteed spots and we either stopped showing interest or were cut by similar highly rated players. Kind of feels like the kids are taking advantage of a good situation for them but not so much for us

5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I agree could be the results of kids having guaranteed spots and we either stopped showing interest or were cut by similar highly rated players. Kind of feels like the kids are taking advantage of a good situation for them but not so much for us

Clearly,  IU doesn't enjoy the mojo it did when BK was in his glory days,  but we  all  know how he would have handled this.....

McHoop

22 minutes ago, McHoop said:

Clearly,  IU doesn't enjoy the mojo it did when BK was in his glory days,  but we  all  know how he would have handled this.....

McHoop

Yes the old saying **** or get off the pot. I wouldn't have much patients with situations like this. If he is truly undecided it is one thing but if he has told the staff he is coming and doing this I would not like his actions very much. In my opinion not showing leadership abilities if that's the case. 

If we get neither TJD or Brooks then we are in some serious trouble because most of the backup plans have already eliminated us.  To me this is the problem with only recruiting a select few and putting all your eggs in a couple of baskets.  It is what Davis did and in the end we were stuck more often than not.

20 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

While reading the comments from the past 10 hours or so, I saw where someone mentioned TJD visiting the IU vs Louisville game in Bloomington this December.  Is TJD planning on visiting during that time?  Or has he said he plans on visiting again?  Just curious

I mentioned it because I could swear I read that at one point. Can anyone corroborate?

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If we get neither TJD or Brooks then we are in some serious trouble because most of the backup plans have already eliminated us.  To me this is the problem with only recruiting a select few and putting all your eggs in a couple of baskets.  It is what Davis did and in the end we were stuck more often than not.

It would be a disaster.

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I mentioned it because I could swear I read that at one point. Can anyone corroborate?

Gotcha, I was just curious that's all, no information on if he is planning another visit.  What really got me thinking about it, was how TJD was a guest at the Michigan St vs Kansas game Tuesday night.  Wonder if Archie is trying or has a game planned for TJD to attend?  Didn't Romeo and RP attend a game together last season prior to Romeo announcing his commitment?  Maybe TJD and Franklin will attend a IU game together this season. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope that is not the case when these two decide to commit somewhere.  It's the tail wagging the dog right now or that's the way it seems to me.

Archived