Trayce Jackson-Davis

3 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Accurate information interpretation is paramount.  Snippet from Rivals Corey Evans TJD interview on 10/31/18.  

93C25A7A-26C0-427A-8FBB-77DC44F51850.jpeg

Thanks for posting this. While various people posted that he's about to commit, that's not what he said. 

As said above -- and as our rules are meant to indicate -- don't bash a high school recruit. These kids are making important decisions and if they want to take time with them, that's completely up to them, as it should be.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Thanks for posting this. While various people posted that he's about to commit, that's not what he said. 

As said above -- and as our rules are meant to indicate -- don't bash a high school recruit. These kids are making important decisions and if they want to take time with them, that's completely up to them, as it should be.

It is their decision but with the attention they do get in this time it is not always going to be positive in nature. We have no control over their actions and they have no control over people's opinions of their actions. It does need to be respectful both ways. As hoosier fans we all hope he will chose IU. WE were late on romeo and seemed to be the reason he waited until spring. We were not so late with TJD and Brooks. Lots of people I know including myself were happy romeo committed to IU but we were all to the point we didn't care anymore. Seem to be a growing feeling with these two as well

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If we get neither TJD or Brooks then we are in some serious trouble because most of the backup plans have already eliminated us.  To me this is the problem with only recruiting a select few and putting all your eggs in a couple of baskets.  It is what Davis did and in the end we were stuck more often than not.

This. We are way to late to get in on top kids now. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If we get neither TJD or Brooks then we are in some serious trouble because most of the backup plans have already eliminated us.  To me this is the problem with only recruiting a select few and putting all your eggs in a couple of baskets.  It is what Davis did and in the end we were stuck more often than not.

Yep.  PU thought Malik Hall was a done deal.  Sean May and Kyrie Irving also say hello.  I will say if Archie whifs on both TJD and Brooks without a solid back up plan we'd better make the FF this season or he's in some serious trouble.  The mob will be coming I assure you.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

This. We are way to late to get in on top kids now. 

Yes the staff has obviously shown TJD and Brooks how important theY are to the program.  They have been prioritized to the point we seem to be our of options. Hopefully Indiana kids in future classes choose to be a leader like Armaan and feel the desire to be a Hoosier over any other program. As a blue blood we need in state kids to REALLY want to be Hoosiers

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  PU thought Malik Hall was a done deal.  Sean May and Kyrie Irving also say hello.  I will say if Archie whifs on both TJD and Brooks without a solid back up plan we'd better make the FF this season or he's in some serious trouble.  The mob will be coming I assure you.

That's a little premature don't you think

Heard that him and BD were on campus today. 

He’s not Romeo, but wants some of the same fanfare and drama with his recruitment. Relax upright posters, I’m not “bashing” him because I’d probably be the same way. The season is back and I can now stay away from the recruitment section of this forum, complete with its preemptive proclamations and “sources”. 

6 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Heard that him and BD were on campus today. 

He’s not Romeo, but wants some of the same fanfare and drama with his recruitment. Relax upright posters, I’m not “bashing” him because I’d probably be the same way. The season is back and I can now stay away from the recruitment section of this forum, complete with its preemptive proclamations and “sources”. 

Heard that TJD and BD are on campus today?

35 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm just telling you the Rivals board isn't an outlier.  It probably represents what a majority of Hoosier nation thinks from my experience.  Take from that what you will.

I totally disagree with that because people on the message boards are the outliers and there are way more IU fans who don't come to these message boards.  I would never base anything on what the guys on rivals have to say because it will be negative no matter what happens.  We could go 32-0 and lose on a last second half court shot in the finals and people would bitch how disappointing the season was.

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

It is their decision but with the attention they do get in this time it is not always going to be positive in nature. We have no control over their actions and they have no control over people's opinions of their actions. It does need to be respectful both ways. As hoosier fans we all hope he will chose IU. WE were late on romeo and seemed to be the reason he waited until spring. We were not so late with TJD and Brooks. Lots of people I know including myself were happy romeo committed to IU but we were all to the point we didn't care anymore. Seem to be a growing feeling with these two as well

Cutter, the point here is that there is to be no bashing of a high school recruit. That's a rule here. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Izzo says....."MSU has a starting spot for you on day one if you commit.".

Archie says....."You will have a chance to compete for a starting job as a freshman if you commit to IU."

See the difference?

Steve Alford says...i promise im going to be here next year,just wait and commit in the spring and you will see..you will start from day one out here in sunny California 

As has been said on here previously, as CAM pursues higher rated kids, the process is going to be longer and the competition steeper. 

Izzo, Alford or whoever are not going to sit on their hands and let these kinds of recruits go without putting all of their programs' resources behind their efforts to sway the kids to go out of state. As much as we want to think it, IU does not possess the "it" factor we had in the past.

As far as CAM being in trouble if neither TJD or Brooks comes to Bloomington....when did we become the Kentucky fanbase? Yikes.

Don’t want to beat a dead horse, but I joined this site because it is a lot of FUN, and there is a topic or more being discussed every single day. It is a really good tool, and quite therapeutic to get up to the minute IuBB info, even during the doldrums between the end of March and Hoosier Hysteria. I am not liking the tone I am getting regarding “inside” info about these high school kids. I’d like to point out, that these kids have a lot of pressure on them already, and a grown man, ( by the hundreds) following them on social media and trolling them to come to IU probably puts a lot of pressure on them. And it probably creeps them out more than helps them make a decision. They are Hoosiers representing our home state, regardless of where they go to college... and these kids are savvy. They might be reading these message boards, as well as their family members. Please keep that in mind. TJD may be a “lock”, OR, at any time change his mind because there are very few people he may be able to actually confide in. If he tells the wrong person any info, it goes viral. Let the kid have his moment, and don’t turn on him or Archie if it doesn’t come to pass. As a former “insider” with regard to Romeo, I divulged information that I felt was safe, and would not break confidence of my source, nor reveal or emabarass my source. Anything I passed along was for FUN, and I am sure these insiders are havin second thoughts at saying anything due to a potential “backlash” if a 17 year old kid changes his mind. Please keep in mind this isn’t so serious, and some “insiders” may be passing information for FUN, and not to create any problems for these kids. I am asking people like Coach SS and 0078 to continue to feed us tidbits, it is really fun, and not meant to be taken seriously 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm just telling you the Rivals board isn't an outlier.  It probably represents what a majority of Hoosier nation thinks from my experience.  Take from that what you will.

It absolutely IS an outlier.  The majority of IU fans, while passionate at game time, are not even passionate enough to join a forum, much less post on one.  I talk to fans all the time that aren't even aware fan forums exist.

...and this semi-meltdown by a few here makes us look selfish/entitled/impatient/immature/insecure as fans.  Relax and let it play out.  Seriously, in the grand scheme of life, where do we rank the importance of one very good player committing to IU on our (not his) time table?  For me, there are a lot more important things in life.  I'm much more interested in my daughter being accepted to IU dental school than having on particular player commit (RIGHT NOW!) to play at IU next year.  If this is the most important thing in your life right now, you seriously need to broaden your horizons a bit.

Geez...calm down, people...this crap is so predictable it's annoying.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

It absolutely IS an outlier.  The majority of IU fans, while passionate at game time, are not even passionate enough to join a forum, much less post on one.  I talk to fans all the time that aren't even aware fan forums exist.

...and this semi-meltdown by a few here makes us look selfish/entitled/impatient/immature/insecure as fans.  Relax and let it play out.  Seriously, in the grand scheme of life, where do we rank the importance of one very good player committing to IU on our (not his) time table?  For me, there are a lot more important things in life.  I'm much more interested in my daughter being accepted to IU dental school than having on particular player commit (RIGHT NOW!) to play at IU next year.  If this is the most important thing in your life right now, you seriously need to broaden your horizons a bit.

Geez...calm down, people...this crap is so predictable it's annoying.

I don't share that sentiment but people are going to lose their minds if this recruiting class is a bust.  Especially given that we're likely losing 4 of our top 6 guys and we've been told for months now how great this class would be.

Why is everyone so upset that the kid is taking his time?  It doesn't mean we won't get him. I trust in Archie's judgment. Even if we don't get every kid we recruit as long as we continue to improve we will get great recruits. Doesn't mean we win on every target ever year but we will get our fair share. Be patient.

If you think Archie is going to idly sit by and not fight for this kid then you’d be massively mistaken. I Wasn’t a huge fan of this over the top “lock up the state” approach. It’s arrogant and there’s no guarantee the top kids will bite. You look like a proper ass if you whiff and land three stars. Indiana doesn’t have a great reputation nationally as is. We don’t need any more embarrassments.

If you’re going that route then you’re betting on yourself and I wouldn’t bet against Archie. 

I disagree with this class being do or die for Archie but this one is a huge deal. 

Archived