Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any possibility that Trayce's dad (Dale) and his current parents might be pulling and pushing him in opposite directions on top of what the kid wants himself. Didn't he mention he has family out in LA or California so maybe he is getting conflicting opinions at home....or maybe Dale wants him to go to MSU? In the end I think he will take his time and realize where he will be happist...to me that would be at IU.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Any possibility that Trayce's dad (Dale) and his current parents might be pulling and pushing him in opposite directions on top of what the kid wants himself. Didn't he mention he has family out in LA or California so maybe he is getting conflicting opinions at home....or maybe Dale wants him to go to MSU? In the end I think he will take his time and realize where he will be happist...to me that would be at IU.

From what I have heard Trayce doesn’t really care what Dale thinks. Pretty sure it was reported he wanted Purdue. 

10 hours ago, HoagieRoll said:

Heard that him and BD were on campus today. 

He’s not Romeo, but wants some of the same fanfare and drama with his recruitment. Relax upright posters, I’m not “bashing” him because I’d probably be the same way. The season is back and I can now stay away from the recruitment section of this forum, complete with its preemptive proclamations and “sources”. 

Yet you sought out this section of the forum and took the time to post this?

22 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Hall already committed.  If Stewart commits I would think TJD(if he is seriously considering Mich St) would stay away since both he and Stewart would play the same position

IU would have taken both, why does it change for MSU?

Speaking of Michigan St. I keep forgetting Izzo hasn't made it to the Sweet 16 in 3 straight seasons. Beginning of the end (like Knight last 6-7 years) or just a blip on radar? It's something for TJD to consider. I know I would...oh and going to a school where they harbor and protect pedophiles would be a concern too, right?

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of Michigan St. I keep forgetting Izzo hasn't made it to the Sweet 16 in 3 straight seasons. Beginning of the end (like Knight last 6-7 years) or just a blip on radar? It's something for TJD to consider. I know I would...oh and going to a school where they harbor and protect pedophiles would be a concern too, right?

Thinking like a 5 star recruit-—

-“I am only here for one year so I want to go somewhere that will maximize my national exposure.”

-“I am the guy who can make enough difference to progress beyond the Sweet 16.”

- “I’m only here for one year and my handlers will help distance me from al the negative stuff associated with MSU.”

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Thinking like a 5 star recruit-—

-“I am only here for one year so I want to go somewhere that will maximize my national exposure.”

-“I am the guy who can make enough difference to progress beyond the Sweet 16.”

- “I’m only here for one year and my handlers will help distance me from al the negative stuff associated with MSU.”

Sounds like what Kris Wilkes said to himself as well.....just substitute MSU out for UCLA.

10 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

All makes sense, but I would argue he could 'Maximize his national exposure' @ IU.

Agree all day. Out of all the recruitments. Wilkes still bothers me the most. Kid was hanging down in Bloomington all the time knowing full well where he was going. Seemed to be a bit of a cowardly move. Similar to emailing a resignation or texting a breakup...no face to face talks.

1 hour ago, Ranger78 said:

All makes sense, but I would argue he could 'Maximize his national exposure' @ IU.

Maybe...

MSU was just highlighted in a top 5 matchup v Kansas and I think are scheduled to play in that for the next 4 years. They have been invited to play on Naval ships and other high profile games. As long as Izzo is coach, they will be national media darlings.

IU should be in that position as well, and quite possibly CAM can restore us there. Fact is, we don’t have the cache that Izzo has built based on the product on the floor. As long as Izzo brings in highly rated kids , he’ll coach them be contenders and they will always be in featured games 

Archived