Trayce Jackson-Davis

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s easy to say but till we say it you can’t make that claim. Heck I was silly enough to think that Green and Smith would at least play as well as they did last year. 

Without those guys developing hard to justify TJD coming here. Wouldn’t blame him for going to MSU tbh. 

Yeah I agree with you about Smith, Green however I have been cautious with since he arrived on campus and not his biggest fan. 

I still think he chooses IU, however it makes total sense if we were commit to IU soon(December) and wait until the spring to sign his NLI to observe IU more.  Only way I see him backing out in the spring, would be if IU misses the tournament.  If he decides to back out int he spring due to IU not making the tournament(I do not think this will happen), he already has his next choice in mind our of UCLA and MSU.   

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sparty starts 5 JR/SR's. If anyone should be ticked...it's Sparty. Overall they've Missed 3 straight Sweet 16's and lose to a Louisville team that was beat by Marquette. Quick reminder. We depantsed Marquette.

Watching MSU game yesterday, I thought MSU was vastly overrated. MSU will still do well in BIG because Izzo knows the opponents well, but I don't even remember when was the last time Izzo's team beat a blueblood on a neutral court.

47 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Current rumor - TJD going to UCLA per talk from his teammates....someone on Facebook that is supposedly a relative of one of his team members...just throwing it out there

I have to admit this makes me more than a little nervous.  I had heard something similar a couple of months back.  I didn’t share here because the person speculating admittedly didn’t know anything, but just had a hunch based on knowing TJD and his family.  This seemingly coming out of left field makes me more nervous than if the rumor was MSU.  Please oh please be a smokescreen!!!  

7 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I have to admit this makes me more than a little nervous.  I had heard something similar a couple of months back.  I didn’t share here because the person speculating admittedly didn’t know anything, but just had a hunch based on knowing TJD and his family.  This seemingly coming out of left field makes me more nervous than if the rumor was MSU.  Please oh please be a smokescreen!!!  

Why ucla I know nice place but who will be the coach next year? I am calling bs

This feels like Romeo all over again(minus Romeo not considering IU up front).  With Romeos recruitment, there were lots of smokescreens for both Kansas and Vanderbilt.  IMO, only thing different with UCLA compared to IU is going to college in Cali, Steve out at UCLA is struggling.  UCLA cannot offer anything better than what IU can as far as basketball.  As far as comparing IU vs MSU, its closer IMO. 

58 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So what?  We still played like utter crap and showcased a complete lack of productive play. And what little we did have will be gone next year. 

I don't mean to defend last night's performance. But think about it. Dukies were quicker, faster, and stronger. Plus, I realized again that playing in Cameron indoor was just something else. Yes, we played like crap, but I think Duke made us play like crap. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sparty starts 5 JR/SR's. If anyone should be ticked...it's Sparty. Overall they've Missed 3 straight Sweet 16's and lose to a Louisville team that was beat by Marquette. Quick reminder. We depantsed Marquette.

MSU closed out that game and the OT with an alarming lack of Basketball IQ. Knowing that those guys were JR's and SRs, is shocking.

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I don't mean to defend last night's performance. But think about it. Dukies were quicker, faster, and stronger. Plus, I realized again that playing in Cameron indoor was just something else. Yes, we played like crap, but I think Duke made us play like crap. 

Which I might buy if it weren’t the 4th straight game

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can be a key player and not start and it is called depth.  they guys look tired and it could be that these guys had to play more minutes than they should have.

Was either one going to be the 6th or 7th guy off the bench. I doubt it. As they aren’t guards. And we didn’t get Fitz to be less than that. 

We are back to the being tired BS. Three whole days off is more than enough. 

Neither Race or Hunter has done squat to prove they are a contributor we are missing. 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which I might buy if it weren’t the 4th straight game

Are you considering too that McRob and Green are just getting back. They are rusty, and I think our other guys are a little worn down from being short-handed. Relax. We’re in good hands with CAM. Duke is going to win the whole damn thing. Were you expecting us to take the team expected to win it all to the wire in their gym short-handed in year 2 of CAM? I have high expectations, but you’re being crazy awful early in the season. 

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you considering too that McRob and Green are just getting back. They are rusty, and I think our other guys are a little worn down from being short-handed. Relax. We’re in good hands with CAM. Duke is going to win the whole damn thing. Were you expecting us to take the team expected to win it all to the wire in their gym short-handed in year 2 of CAM? I have high expectations, but you’re being crazy awful early in the season. 

Because Duke is so good it’s not an issue we looked like crap against UC Davis?  

That makes no sense. Green and McRoberts being gone doesn’t excuse Smiths lazy passes that have gone undealt with. It doesn’t excuse the continued overuse of the 3 ball that we can’t hit. It doesn’t excuse continuing to miss FTs at a rate that High School coaches would be livid about. 

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Was either one going to be the 6th or 7th guy off the bench. I doubt it. As they aren’t guards. And we didn’t get Fitz to be less than that. 

Neither Race or Hunter has done squat to prove they are a contributor we are missing. 

I was told just yesterday that Hunter was beating everyone in practice and would be starting if not hurt.

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Jerome hunter is the real deal 

Archived