Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Was either one going to be the 6th or 7th guy off the bench. I doubt it. As they aren’t guards. And we didn’t get Fitz to be less than that. 

We are back to the being tired BS. Three whole days off is more than enough. 

Neither Race or Hunter has done squat to prove they are a contributor we are missing. 

Hunter would definitely have been a key player and had just won the gold jersey the week before he was hurt.  You seem to be on the ledge so come off and RELAX

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hunter would definitely have been a key player and had just won the gold jersey the week before he was hurt.  You seem to be on the ledge so come off and RELAX

Not saying he’s in Crean territory but I can’t even begin to count the number of times I was told to relax when voicing concerns about Crean. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not saying he’s in Crean territory but I can’t even begin to count the number of times I was told to relax when voicing concerns about Crean. 

All I have heard the last 6 years was that all that was needed was a coaching change and everything would be great.  I warned people that just changing coaches was not the answer all the times.  Now we make the change and in less than 2 years people are jumping off the bridge so to me I think some people just like to wine and cry.  I have said many times I think some in this fan base would fine something to complain about if we went 37-0 and lost on a last second half court shot in the championship game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

All I have heard the last 6 years was that all that was needed was a coaching change and everything would be great.  I warned people that just changing coaches was not the answer all the times.  Now we make the change and in less than 2 years people are jumping off the bridge so to me I think some people just like to wine and cry.  I have said many times I think some in this fan base would fine something to complain about if we went 37-0 and lost on a last second half court shot in the championship game.

You are only as good as your last game. This is true for coaches as well as players.  Now let’s go get TJD & KBJ

46 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Crean and CAM is no comparison. We are in good hands with Archie. Calm down.

Well if that’s the case it’s time to start proving it by not letting the same things go wrong every game

The lack of player development to me is astonishing. 1 maybe 2 out of the 7 returning players looks better. 2 look worse. 

Does not look like we will have a supporting cast to surround TJD. That’s why I think he can’t be faulted for going elsewhere 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if that’s the case it’s time to start proving it by not letting the same things go wrong every game

The lack of player development to me is astonishing. 1 maybe 2 out of the 7 returning players looks better. 2 look worse. 

Does not look like we will have a supporting cast to surround TJD. That’s why I think he can’t be faulted for going elsewhere 

Juwan Morgan and Al Durham are clear examples of players that Archie has developed. Where they are now compared to where they were when Archie got here is a big jump. Green and Davis have been injured and we never see Moore play. I will give you that Smith's backslide hasn't been promising.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Juwan Morgan and Al Durham are clear examples of players that Archie has developed. Where they are now compared to where they were when Archie got here is a big jump. Green and Davis have been injured and we never see Moore play. I will give you that Smith's backslide hasn't been promising.

I am blaming posters for the Smith expectations. Ever since the 48” vertical jump tape, he has been touted as the next VO or OG.  I remember several post that claimed he could jump to the nba after this season. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Lost on defense constantly. I pointed that out last year but figured he would improve from his freshmen year 

That defense(lack of effort) on Zion as he went in for a dunk after crossing him over was so bad that I would have told one of my players to just go to locker room and stay there. I would probably seriously had a heart attack if i saw that effort from a player.

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Last 4 games. Games that look eerily similar to the team last year. 

Who cares about turnovers. They don’t matter. And FTs apparently don’t matter at all 

You do realize we were without McRoberts and Green for those four games? It's not even about being tired, it's about missing your two best defenders and your backup (potentially starting) point guard. As has been mentioned, we're also missing Hunter and Thompson, and have been missing Davis for stretches. It's pretty hard to develop and prep when you're missing 5-6 scholarship players from practice. 

I understand you're upset at the last couple weeks, but the injuries have had a real and significant impact. Your point on turnovers is pretty off too IMO. If you watched last season, the team decreased turnovers during the season a great deal, as well as decreasing them from the Crean era. But again, we're dealing with injuries to key guys as well as starting a back-court that consists of Freshmen-Freshmen-Sophomore. But, we have seen Archie correct the turnover issue already last season.   

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You do realize we were without McRoberts and Green for those four games? It's not even about being tired, it's about missing your two best defenders and your backup (potentially starting) point guard. As has been mentioned, we're also missing Hunter and Thompson, and have been missing Davis for stretches. It's pretty hard to develop and prep when you're missing 5-6 scholarship players from practice. 

I understand you're upset at the last couple weeks, but the injuries have had a real and significant impact. Your point on turnovers is pretty off too IMO. If you watched last season, the team decreased turnovers during the season a great deal, as well as decreasing them from the Crean era. But again, we're dealing with injuries to key guys as well as starting a back-court that consists of Freshmen-Freshmen-Sophomore. But, we have seen Archie correct the turnover issue already last season.   

I don’t see how people being out is an excuse to miss FTs or lose the ball because they think they are LeBron. 

And perhaps we shouldn’t be dealing a turnover issue. Might be a good idea to handle in the offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t see how people being out is an excuse to miss FTs or lose the ball because they think they are LeBron. 

And perhaps we shouldn’t be dealing a turnover issue. Might be a good idea to handle in the offseason. 

Well, when the people that are out, primarily Green and McRoberts are key guys, Green being a ball-handler and McRoberts being one of the most steady/High IQ guys, it's going to impact turnovers. When you have a freshmen point guard (who I love) and a sophomore who's not a point guard (Durham) being your primary ball handlers the turnovers are going to go up. 

The offseason is kind of irrelevant. In the offseason you had a healthy McRoberts, Green, Hunter and Thompson. To act like missing those guys wouldn't/shouldn't impact the teams performance makes no sense at all. 

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Well, when the people that are out, primarily Green and McRoberts are key guys, Green being a ball-handler and McRoberts being one of the most steady/High IQ guys, it's going to impact turnovers. When you have a freshmen point guard (who I love) and a sophomore who's not a point guard (Durham) being your primary ball handlers the turnovers are going to go up. 

The offseason is kind of irrelevant. In the offseason you had a healthy McRoberts, Green, Hunter and Thompson. To act like missing those guys wouldn't/shouldn't impact the teams performance makes no sense at all. 

You act like Green isn’t a turnover machine also. 

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not to derail the TJD thread any further, but like Gleas said, people being out impacts the whole team and especially turnovers.  CAM has even said that he's had to play lineups that have never even practiced together.  It takes a little bit of time to figure out how to play with one another if you've never played with them.  Couple that with not even being able to practice 5 on 5 to, and it can look a lot worse than it really is.  Turnovers are an issue, but I have no doubt that it will get better.

7 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Not to derail the TJD thread any further, but like Gleas said, people being out impacts the whole team and especially turnovers.  CAM has even said that he's had to play lineups that have never even practiced together.  It takes a little bit of time to figure out how to play with one another if you've never played with them.  Couple that with not even being able to practice 5 on 5 to, and it can look a lot worse than it really is.  Turnovers are an issue, but I have no doubt that it will get better.

Not sure it could derail anymore at this point lol

32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You act like Green isn’t a turnover machine also. 

I'm acting like Green is our second best defender and our only other point guard on the roster other than Phinisee. Yes, Green can turn it over as well, but he's much better in that position than Durham, and again it's impacted practice as well. All of the rotations have been messed up. How do we look the last 4 games if McRoberts and Hunter are taking the minutes that Anderson has had? I like his long-term capability, but there's a reason Anderson was not in the rotation last night the second McRoberts and Green were back. 

I guarantee we'd be 6-1 right now and probably ranked with much better defensive and turnover numbers. 

40 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

People just look at the games but where it really hurts having people out is how much they can do in practice to prepare for the games.

Archived