Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this. So far the 2 most important recruits under Archie for a variety of reasons have said yes to IU. And with both recruits (Romeo and TJD) the insiders are pitching a no hitter. Hope they keep posting. I've followed recruiting forever and the intel on this board is second to none.

Thanks for you kind words. The insiders know who they are.  And have been pitching a no hitter, since Samsongate.  You know who they are, as well as I.   However, if I may, the intel on this board WAS second to none.  Till the critics took control, and drove off the real insiders, who at one time were willing to share.  And have held back because of the critics. 

Oh, and per Blue's request.  So happy that TJD is a HOOSIER !

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, just know that the criticism was incessant and in my opinion, unwarranted. 

Some folks on here have zero patience and have expectations of CAM that are unrealistic. 

I don’t even know whether you are one of the critics or not. If you are, buck up.

Gotta be willing to take some pushback if you feel the need to pile on a coach and a team so soon

Not one of the detractors.  Coach needs 3 years.  After that I reserve the right to question his ability to win at IU.  Doesn't mean I am all in our all out and I believe I can criticize congratulate as is warranted.

Just don't think the I told you so attitude is helpful.  But you are entitled to post what you want within the limits

34 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not one of the detractors.  Coach needs 3 years.  After that I reserve the right to question his ability to win at IU.  Doesn't mean I am all in our all out and I believe I can criticize congratulate as is warranted.

Just don't think the I told you so attitude is helpful.  But you are entitled to post what you want within the limits

This reminds me of a piece I read about coach K.  I found something similar and have posted it below.  In today’s instant gratification age, we need to realize that it takes time to build a culture and put your footprint on a program.

Patience helped save Krzyzewski during his first three years, as he went 38-47, including a 13-29 conference record that saw the Blue Devils finish no higher than tied for fifth in ACC play. In the impatient culture of today's major college basketball programs, three years at that rate would have meant the door for most coaches. Going against the strong wave of fan and alum dissatisfaction against Krzyzewski—yes, this did happen—then-Duke Athletic Director Tom Butters stuck with Krzyzewski, believing the best could still be on the way.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

This reminds me of a piece I read about coach K.  I found something similar and have posted it below.  In today’s instant gratification age, we need to realize that it takes time to build a culture and put your footprint on a program.

Patience helped save Krzyzewski during his first three years, as he went 38-47, including a 13-29 conference record that saw the Blue Devils finish no higher than tied for fifth in ACC play. In the impatient culture of today's major college basketball programs, three years at that rate would have meant the door for most coaches. Going against the strong wave of fan and alum dissatisfaction against Krzyzewski—yes, this did happen—then-Duke Athletic Director Tom Butters stuck with Krzyzewski, believing the best could still be on the way.

I am tired of this kind of rhetoric.  K took over a pretty damn good basketball program.  He was just fortunate to get the job.

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

The difference is I don't think Duke had any national titles or super high expectations.  It would be like getting the Illinois or Iowa job.  You're going to get a lot more patience at those schools.  I could be wrong but I doubt Coach K had 2 of the top 5 players in his conference in year 2.  No one is expecting a FF this season or even next but to expect us to finish near the top of the B1G and win a game or 2 in the tourney is very realistic.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The difference is I don't think Duke had any national titles or super high expectations.  It would be like getting the Illinois or Iowa job.  You're going to get a lot more patience at those schools.  I could be wrong but I doubt Coach K had 2 of the top 5 players in his conference in year 2.  No one is expecting a FF this season or even next but to expect us to finish near the top of the B1G and win a game or 2 in the tourney is very realistic.

Better check the history books.  When K took over the Devils were 2 years removed from playing in the championship.  As a matter of fact, the previous year to K the Pukies played in the Regional Finals(EE).

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I am tired of this kind of rhetoric.  K took over a pretty damn good basketball program.  He was just fortunate to get the job.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Better check the history books.  When K took over the Devils were 2 years removed from playing in the championship.  As a matter of fact, the previous year to K the Pukies played in the Regional Finals(EE).

Then the excerpt I posted even furthers the argument.  The point is that it takes some patience sometimes, even with the best coaches.

The game tonight was great!  I didn’t see Rob and Romeo, but I did see Tom Ostrom there.  

I can share a few things, but I apologize in advance, I am better at watching basketball than analyzing it.  I was also trying to keep a 4 and 7 year old out of trouble.  😉

Between Franklin and TJD they scored 7 of the first 10 points of the game.  TJD had a pretty strong first half, Franklin was pretty quiet, but Cathedral was up a half.  

Second half Franklin started out really well and had a good half.  TJD looked off to start the second half, missed a few easy shots and you could tell was frustrated with himself.  CG was down 10 in the 4th, but the last few minutes of the game he picked it up, hit some shots and had some good boards and blocks.  One block in particular when they were coming back he got really pumped up and showed a lot of emotion.... something that has been missing from the Hoosiers lately.  Anyway ended up that his little bro hit the 3 to take the lead for good and CG ended up winning by 3.  Franklin ended up with 15 and TJD with 20 I believe.  

Was a really good game and definitely fun to watch our future Hoosiers in action!

From what a couple posters have hinted at + him in attendance for TJDs game tonight I would not be shocked if he returned. The camera panned at the end of the Duke game with Romeo/Rob chatting...I'm guessing they were furious inside to see us get embarrassed so bad. Here's to hoping they want another crack at Duke next year 

good morning gang.  i posted this earlier and got no response.  i am very excited and very curious... all right, so i'm sure i could find this somewhere, but what is his game like? main thing i'm trying to figure out is that he is a 5 star recruit so should be a stud i assume. but he's listed as a center and is 6'8''-6'9''? i would think he either dominates down low or is very skilled on the wing as a 6'9'' kid. which is it?

11 hours ago, rico said:

Plus, I’ll point out that there’s a distinction between rhetoric and stats and history. 

What was quoted in regards to coach K and Duke wasn’t “rhetoric.”

6 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Plus, I’ll point out that there’s a distinction between rhetoric and stats and history. 

What was quoted in regards to coach K and Duke wasn’t “rhetoric.”

You got your opinion and I got mine.  The fact remains that people "think" that K took over a dumpster fire.  No, he took over a dang fine gig.

Archived