Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

Trayce Jackson-Davis

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I honestly thought he would commit after HH. 

You will be right when he does commit as it will have come after HH. Did you specify 2017 or 2018 HH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Reacher said:

You will be right when he does commit as it will have come after HH. Did you specify 2017 or 2018 HH?

Though I did not specify a year..... honestly tells me to say I was thinking 2017.  There was some smoke it would be this year, seeing as how he was on campus 3 times last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though I did not specify a year..... honestly tells me to say I was thinking 2017.  There was some smoke it would be this year, seeing as how he was on campus 3 times last week.

Maybe just waiting for the Romeo/Garland dust to settle. 

Hey first post. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great article!  Thanks for sharing Mile.  I went to CG back in the day so would be very cool to have him at IU.  Maybe I'll dress my kids up in their IU stuff and take them to a couple of his games this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Maybe just waiting for the Romeo/Garland dust to settle. 

Hey first post. 

Could be. However since he is an '09, not '08 like them, I would have hoped that would not matter two him.  By the way, a small sample size in the Crystal Ball has Trayce 100% to IU.  What is interesting about that, is his votes are coming from non IU people.

First post.... more to come, I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's what I found interesting about the article. He said he is playing with Keion Brooks Jr. this year. I'd be curious as to when that was decided because we all think they are both coming to IU. they've both been recruited since Archie and Co. came so maybe they've talked and already both know they want to come to IU so they secretly decided to play on the same AAU team this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

here's what I found interesting about the article. He said he is playing with Keion Brooks Jr. this year. I'd be curious as to when that was decided because we all think they are both coming to IU. they've both been recruited since Archie and Co. came so maybe they've talked and already both know they want to come to IU so they secretly decided to play on the same AAU team this year.  

Well, one thing is for sure.  Makes it easier for Archie, when he is out watching both of them play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Could be. However since he is an '09, not '08 like them, I would have hoped that would not matter two him.  By the way, a small sample size in the Crystal Ball has Trayce 100% to IU.  What is interesting about that, is his votes are coming from non IU people.

I hope they're actually '19 and '18. The '09 and '08 classes are getting a little old to recruit. Just giving you a hard time Mile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Illinois Hoosier said:

I hope they're actually '19 and '18. The '09 and '08 classes are getting a little old to recruit. Just giving you a hard time Mile!

OH jeez.  There I go again.  At one point I was saying, HSN .03, instead of HSN.3.0.  And now this.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Pretty funny reply to my brain fart, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Jackson will be a Hoosier, Keion I’m not so sure about.

If CAM lands Brooks, it will be monumental because Izzo has been on him for some time. It will be a signature win. I'm tired of Izzo taking great Indiana kids out of state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

If CAM lands Brooks, it will be monumental because Izzo has been on him for some time. It will be a signature win. I'm tired of Izzo taking great Indiana kids out of state.

Ed Schilling will be key here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

If CAM lands Brooks, it will be monumental because Izzo has been on him for some time. It will be a signature win. I'm tired of Izzo taking great Indiana kids out of state.

Maybe it's time for Archie to bring Dane Fife back home to Indiana again.   Imagine Fife and Schilling on the recruiting trail in Indiana. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Maybe it's time for Archie to bring Dane Fife back home to Indiana again.   Imagine Fife and Schilling on the recruiting trail in Indiana. 

How well regarded is Fife on the recruiting trail? I honestly wouldn't peg him as a home run hitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Maybe it's time for Archie to bring Dane Fife back home to Indiana again.   Imagine Fife and Schilling on the recruiting trail in Indiana. 

Isn't he in line to possibly be Izzos successor?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

How well regarded is Fife on the recruiting trail? I honestly wouldn't peg him as a home run hitter. 

I don't see it either. He was well-liked at IU but he's from Michigan and from a bygone era. Maybe I'm completely wrong about how recruits would see him but I'm not seeing him as the draw at MSU.  It's Izzo all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Isn't he in line to possibly be Izzos successor?

If he is. Wouldn't it be great to steal him away ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't see it either. He was well-liked at IU but he's from Michigan and from a bygone era. Maybe I'm completely wrong about how recruits would see him but I'm not seeing him as the draw at MSU.  It's Izzo all the way.

So are you saying that Izzo has been pilfering Indiana recruits out of Indiana ... all by himself ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Isn't he in line to possibly be Izzos successor?

I remember reading that he has been pegged as an attractive talent to be hired as a head coach at a mid major type school.  I’d be surprised if he jumped directly into being a head coach in the B1G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

So are you saying that Izzo has been pilfering Indiana recruits out of Indiana ... all by himself ?

I would say he's 99% of the reason  recruits end up at MSU but that's just an outsider's opinion.  i think most assistants could recruit for Izzo.  I'd be interested in hearing what recruits actually think of Fyffe himself. My guess?  He's a nice guy that is on TOM IZZO's(!) staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So are you saying that Izzo has been pilfering Indiana recruits out of Indiana ... all by himself ?

Yes pretty much.  He has 7 FFs in the past 18 years.  IU has 1 in the past 25 years.  It's an impressive resume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×