Trayce Jackson-Davis

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They hadn't won a regional since 1974 though. 

Yes, I can confirm.  I went to Center Grove in the early 90s and we had been bad at basketball and football for as long as I can remember.  I don't think anyone from CG had ever even played for IU until Jonny Marlin transferred to IU a few years ago.  I'm really excited for TJD, not just because he's so good, but because it will be pretty cool to finally see my high school name up on the screen when he's shooting FTs next year!  haha

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

I watched the game on laptop Saturday night.  TJD was a man amongst boys.  Didn't watch the first game but he had 30 points in 3 quarters.

70 points in 7 quarters on Saturday.   Wonder if anyone has done that?

He had 20pts the first game. 

Just now, FKIM01 said:

The highlights I recall show him mostly in the paint. Not saying he can't step out...just observing a frequent tendency. 

to me if he is more of a guy that stays close to the paint, makes you wonder how much time DeRon and TJD would see on the floor at the same time?

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

to me if he is more of a guy that stays close to the paint, makes you wonder how much time DeRon and TJD would see on the floor at the same time?

I have said before I don't think it is a forgone conclusion that TJD will start right away.  I could see this as a starting lineup early next year

RP

Green

Hunter

Davis

Smith or TJD

Also if we get Brooks then I see him starting over Green or Hunter.

Link

While being dominant around the post, Jackson-Davis’ game is not limited to that. The Greenwood native runs the floor well, allowing him to finish in transition. He also has a solid mid-range jumper.

Add those offensive skills to his 7-foot wingspan, which allows him to grab rebounds with ease and be a great rim protector, and you have a player that is a legitimate, modern day big man.

TJD-Warm-Up-300x200.jpg

Trayce Jackson-Davis warms up before Center Grove’s game at Bloomington High School North. (Kurt Spitler/HN)

His three-point shot is still developing, 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Link

While being dominant around the post, Jackson-Davis’ game is not limited to that. The Greenwood native runs the floor well, allowing him to finish in transition. He also has a solid mid-range jumper.

Add those offensive skills to his 7-foot wingspan, which allows him to grab rebounds with ease and be a great rim protector, and you have a player that is a legitimate, modern day big man.

TJD-Warm-Up-300x200.jpg

Trayce Jackson-Davis warms up before Center Grove’s game at Bloomington High School North. (Kurt Spitler/HN)

His three-point shot is still developing, 

You are my hero with this link.  Now I can be the pretend head coach and pick the starting lineup that we should start with next season :)

Mid range jumper and his handles are excellent for a guy his size.  So he can definitely attack the rim from anywhere on the floor.  Gold medalist,  burger boy, mr .basketball.  there is about zero chance he doesnt start next year at the 4.  Smiths minutes are very very limited

He will take his lumps on D for a bit, but way too many offensive skills to be off the floor

I watched most of the Center Grove-Ben Davis game streaming on line.

I thought TJD played well. He has a great handle for a big guy, and a soft touch. He coasted some, but he was out there the whole game and was asked to do a lot, so I give him a break there. 

Really excited to see what he'll do against better players in college.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched most of the Center Grove-Ben Davis game streaming on line.

I thought TJD played well. He has a great handle for a big guy, and a soft touch. He coasted some, but he was out there the whole game and was asked to do a lot, so I give him a break there. 

Really excited to see what he'll do against better players in college.

Maybe he coasted cause he was out late supporting his buddy KB,long drive from Ft. Wayne to Washington

1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

What is his range of shooting? Can he shoot it all the way out to the three or is it much more limited?

From everything I’ve read he can shoot it from mid range very well, and is working on stretching it out to the 3pt line consistently.  He just didn’t get a chance to showcase his range very much during high school, since they had to play him in the post.

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Which is why I think he can start at the 4 over Smith. 

He needs to come in this summer and work on his 12-15 foot shot so we could have a good high low action with Davis.  If we could get the ball to TJD at the top of the key and post up Davis that could get some good shots.  Yesterday when Jones was guarding TJD it was so easy for him to bring the ball up and drive right to the goal.

• 1 month later...

Archived