Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Just don’t see many in-homes in the April-July timeframes like you would in August-October/ November. 

Just thinking out loud what if he wants to committ during this spring signing period. Is he allowed. Most wait til after AAU but maybe he wants to get it out of the way. Not likely  just throwing it out there

39 minutes ago, ephul said:

Rabjohns reporting that TJD has 3 in home visits set. Sorry to burst the bubbles!

According to TJD dad they have in In home set up with UCLA on the 8th and Pursuck on the 18th and may poosibly set one up with Ohio state on a later date.. IU remains in a good position. Man o man If we could get him and Romeo and mix them in with 4 year players IU will become a national power a lot faster than we all could hope for. Fingers crossed Archie closes the deal! 

18 hours ago, 5 championships said:

According to TJD dad they have in In home set up with UCLA on the 8th and Pursuck on the 18th and may poosibly set one up with Ohio state on a later date.. IU remains in a good position. Man o man If we could get him and Romeo and mix them in with 4 year players IU will become a national power a lot faster than we all could hope for. Fingers crossed Archie closes the deal! 

If Romeo comes to IU and stays for two years, I might have an outter body experience.   There is a chance that he stays two years based upon the importance of education for him but not a great one if he reaches his potential next year.  

8 hours ago, Tru123dt said:

If Romeo comes to IU and stays for two years, I might have an outter body experience.   There is a chance that he stays two years based upon the importance of education for him but not a great one if he reaches his potential next year.  

Those out-of-her-body experiences can get you in trouble. Just ask Rick Pitino. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Someone wrote in the Romeo Thread that TJD wants to commit to IU but his mom wants him to wait till he goes through more In-Home Visits first, does anyone have any info on this? Mile CoachSS? 0708?

Sounds like we may find out more after Purdue's in-home on the 18th.

43 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Someone wrote in the Romeo Thread that TJD wants to commit to IU but his mom wants him to wait till he goes through more In-Home Visits first, does anyone have any info on this? Mile CoachSS? 0708?

I'd love for that to be true but TJD has mentioned he is in no hurry to commit at the moment. Not to mention, people were confident he was going to commit during the summer/fall and it fell through. 

That being said, I think he is clearly ours to lose. 

So are theseTJD

28 minutes ago, CC_Hoosier said:

With potentially adding TJD and Romeo and the athletes from the 18 class already signed, this IU team will be extremely athletic and have a lot of length.  Perfect for Archies defense. 

So are these TJD rumors really gaining steam?

No clue whether TJD reclassifies or not, I tend to guess not, but who knows? As with some other topics I hate to make this a Crean vs. Archie thing, but for a little while it's just inevitable, but even the possibility of a TJD reclass or another player doing that, just shows how well Archie is with recruiting strategy. In past years we'd be oversigned by 2 right now wondering who we'd be "Creaning" in order to make room for a Spring recruit. 

With Archie's inside/out approach IU is killing it locally at the moment, and with his strategy of flexibility and leaving some scholarships open IU has two to play with this spring. There's just a ton of flexibility. IU can sign a grad transfer, give a scholly to McRoberts, or get a reclass kid from '19. Archie hasn't boxed himself in. It's great to see. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

No clue whether TJD reclassifies or not, I tend to guess not, but who knows? As with some other topics I hate to make this a Crean vs. Archie thing, but for a little while it's just inevitable, but even the possibility of a TJD reclass or another player doing that, just shows how well Archie is with recruiting strategy. In past years we'd be oversigned by 2 right now wondering who we'd be "Creaning" in order to make room for a Spring recruit. 

With Archie's inside/out approach IU is killing it locally at the moment, and with his strategy of flexibility and leaving some scholarships open IU has two to play with this spring. There's just a ton of flexibility. IU can sign a grad transfer, give a scholly to McRoberts, or get a reclass kid from '19. Archie hasn't boxed himself in. It's great to see. 

It also leaves the door open for some late Grad Transfers. I think just yesterday a decent one decided to transfer. Not that we are in on him, but a lot of big schools have their scholarships filled by now. If a good grad transfer decides to move this late, only a limited number of schools will have open scholarships. It's great having this option.

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hated always being oversigned and it really does make me appreciate Archie's approach that much more (separate from his success). In addition to being oversigned, the shotgun approach of Crean throwing schollies at anyone and everyone and compounding the issue by extending schollies to lesser players that fit a need (Gelon when 3PT shooting was lacking comes to mind) or trying to find next diamond in rough seemed to make it even worse. When oversigned by 2 with 15 outstanding scholarship offers, I don't blame kids for not being as interested in IU as they maybe could have been if Archie's recruiting strategy was in place. 

46 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Has unofficially visited all programs visiting him with exception of Iowa and UCLA. I’m buying the mom commit theory - talking to everyone then committing this summer. 

Yuuuuuuuge summer approaching 

@btownqbsays IU commit by second week of may 👀

Archived