Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

How confident can we feel about about TJD choosing IU?

Very confident. This was much different then what I thought (from talking to a CG coach at the beginning of March).. but then talking to another source, he said it's a done deal. 

The CG coach is one of my good friends, he doesn't have a ton of information when it comes to Trayce... just sees what happens and offers an opinion. The guys saying the beginning of May is legit. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Very confident. This was much different then what I thought (from talking to a CG coach at the beginning of March).. but then talking to another source, he said it's a done deal. 

The CG coach is one of my good friends, he doesn't have a ton of information when it comes to Trayce... just sees what happens and offers an opinion. The guys saying the beginning of May is legit. 

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Any word on reclassifying or is he staying 2019? Either way very good to hear.

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This is great news, assuming Romeo chooses IU on April 30th, TJD commits during the first half of May, that would leave 1 open scholarship for the 2019 season assuming no one transfers and Romeo stays for his Sophomore season.  You gotta figure that puts at least a little pressure maybe on some of the other recruits if they are really considering IU.  

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This is great news, assuming Romeo chooses IU on April 30th, TJD commits during the first half of May, that would leave 1 open scholarship for the 2019 season assuming no one transfers and Romeo stays for his Sophomore season.  You gotta figure that puts at least a little pressure maybe on some of the other recruits if they are really considering IU.  

If this situation happens. Archie will make good on his word in one short year where our scholarships will be treated like gold. How nice is it coming from the position of authority vs scrambling to fill a class. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If this situation happens. Archie will make good on his word in one short year where our scholarships will be treated like gold. How nice is it coming from the position of authority vs scrambling to fill a class. 

I agree!  I am trying not to get too excited and ahead of myself, but its hard not too.  

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

That would be a nightmare. Counting Race, no way you could have a 7 man Freshman class. 6 is bad enough.

It doesn' bother me. It is a different world now.

Some.of thos freshman are one and done (maybe), some two and done, some are 4 year guys.

So I don' think it creates as much of a balanced class issue as it used to. We may be inexperienced if it plays out, but there would be a lot of talent to pick from up and down that bench.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

By no means am I disagreeing with what you are saying but the indy star quoted tjd as saying he would narrow his list after aau season can you comment on that please

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

That would be a nightmare. Counting Race, no way you could have a 7 man Freshman class. 6 is bad enough.

Different world. Different time. Of those 7 1 will probably be one and done with likelihood that TJD would be gone by year 2. Factoring in a transfer or two every 2-3 years....large classes aren't actually large.

57 minutes ago, Cutter said:

By no means am I disagreeing with what you are saying but the indy star quoted tjd as saying he would narrow his list after aau season can you comment on that please

I honestly have no clue. I have no relationship with TJD or anything like that. I am simply passing on solid information. (very rare I ever have any) ... I'm just not going to speculate on something I know nothing about. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I honestly have no clue. I have no relationship with TJD or anything like that. I am simply passing on solid information. (very rare I ever have any) ... I'm just not going to speculate on something I know nothing about. 

Appreciate you passing on stuff you hear and not going any further than that...or giving absolutes. No "Done Deals" or "It's a Lock". Looking forward to seeing how things play out. 

Archived