Trayce Jackson-Davis

1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

Wow, I guess I’m out of it. I didn’t realize TJD was Dale’s kid.

I do my best to bring info to Hoosier Sports Nation members... for free.  Where others like to hide info behind paywalls.... even though the info is in the public sphere.

Thanks for being a member !

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I do my best to bring info to Hoosier Sports Nation members... for free.  Where others like to hide info behind paywalls.... even though the info is in the public sphere.

Thanks for being a member !

First off, thank you Mile! I always appreciate your thoughts, insights, and info. I’ve been through all 3 HSN homes. I don’t post a lot, but have been with all y’all long enough, your all family! 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not everyone of 247 puts their stuff behind a paywall.  Let's give this guy plenty of clicks, to show our appreciation.

Indiana basketball prospect Trayce Jackson-Davis has offers from most of the Big Ten

“They are all mostly the same, besides Indiana,' Jackson-Davis said"

Just commit now dude lol. Help your future head coach out so that he can work on filling your class out with Brooks & friends.

25 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either. 

Fwiw.. Dale isn't in the picture much. I don't mean that as he is a bad dad by any stretch. (I honestly don't know) but TJDs, step-dad former NFL player too lazy to look his name up, has a lot more to do with him. Also.. TJDs brother (half brother) will be a FR, guess he's really good too. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Fwiw.. Dale isn't in the picture much. I don't mean that as he is a bad dad by any stretch. (I honestly don't know) but TJDs, step-dad former NFL player too lazy to look his name up, has a lot more to do with him. Also.. TJDs brother (half brother) will be a FR, guess he's really good too. 

Step dad's name is Ray Jackson. I only remember because I wondered if it was Ray Jackson of Fab5 but heard it was not. Didn't know he was an NFL player. His mom went from NBA to NFL players. Is she on one of those reality shows? 😜

On 5/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, btownqb said:

No idea if it has any merit but I guess you would know. Have you heard that we should expect the committment soon before school is out. Wants to announce at the high school. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No idea if it has any merit but I guess you would know. Have you heard that we should expect the committment soon before school is out. Wants to announce at the high school. 

I have not heard any of those sort of specifics. Source was asked on Monday when they expect TJD to commit, and they said "soon." I have no idea when "soon" would be. There was also some saying TJD has told friends that he is going to IU. 

Not to get creepy but Brooks tweeted something about best duo (he and TJD) and in the comments someone said best duo now is Romeo and Juwan. TJD liked it right away. To me a like is nothing. But it does at least show it's on the mind. I'd love nothing more than to get one of these kids to say yes by Memorial Day. 

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to get creepy but Brooks tweeted something about best duo (he and TJD) and in the comments someone said best duo now is Romeo and Juwan. TJD liked it right away. To me a like is nothing. But it does at least show it's on the mind. I'd love nothing more than to get one of these kids to say yes by Memorial Day. 

The reaction also shows a level of maturity and him not taking it critically.  Its very easy to get wrapped up in oneself as a youth.  Social media as it is and extra attention paid out in overwhelming amounts...

I suppose one could spin it as not being super-competitive, but I will take the previous position. 

Of those we are currently recruiting not only do I think TJD will be the next to commit, I think I want him here the most.

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

God I love this. 

I really want to like Brooks but my gut is telling me no. This could get ugly when we choose TJD over him. I know Archie and Ed have a plan.

14 minutes ago, Max said:

God I love this. 

I really want to like Brooks but my gut is telling me no. This could get ugly when we choose TJD over him. I know Archie and Ed have a plan.

I think they want to be package deal or at least want to play together pretty strongly? You feel pretty confident that it’s one or the other? 

Agree with the plan point for sure.

13 minutes ago, Max said:

God I love this. 

They all have the same opportunity to say yes to IU. The position (from authority finally) is that if I'm in TJD, Brooks or anyone's camp like Watford or Carton.. is that by Archie locking up Romeo he has shown in his first year he can close and get kids. Which means in the recruiting world the takeaway is alive and well. Archie can set a deadline and say hey we love you to death but we have an operation to run here...after a certain date we'll be focusing our efforts on other recruits in addition to you. Or at least that's the way I would do it. 

Archie introduced himself and 12 months later Romeo said yes. Have to think others know that too. 

13 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I think they want to be package deal or at least want to play together pretty strongly? You feel pretty confident that it’s one or the other? 

We aren't taking one over the other. They are different positions so that won't be an issue. 

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

We aren't taking one over the other. They are different positions so that won't be an issue. 

Assuming romeo leaves and no transfers, we have 3 spots. Watford, TJD, Brooks and a guard - plus whoever we’re recruiting. There’s limited space.

18 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I can’t tell. I agree though, looks like they do want to play together but normally don’t we hear that vocalized a bit more if that’s the case? They’ve simply been asked and said that it would be cool. I’m not confident in much w this specific recruitment, I think @btownqb sounds very tuned in we should follow his lead (and wait for the usuals 0708/SS/mile).

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They all have the same opportunity to say yes to IU. The position (from authority finally) is that if I'm in TJD, Brooks or anyone's camp like Watford or Carton.. is that by Archie locking up Romeo he has shown in his first year he can close and get kids. Which means in the recruiting world the takeaway is alive and well. Archie can set a deadline and say hey we love you to death but we have an operation to run here...after a certain date we'll be focusing our efforts on other recruits in addition to you. Or at least that's the way I would do it. 

Archie introduced himself and 12 months later Romeo said yes. Have to think others know that too. 

It’s true. Just have to keep telling myself trust in Archie and Ed! I’m naming my first born Ed, most likely.

9 hours ago, Max said:

It’s true. Just have to keep telling myself trust in Archie and Ed! I’m naming my first born Ed, most likely.

We all know and have talked already about the good job CAM did this past year. But I can't help but feel Ed is worth his weight in gold right now. Fantastic hire, it's like the stars aligned to let us swipe him from UCLA (thank goodness he missed Indiana).  I hope we are paying him enough to keep him home. Not to sell any of the other coaches short.

33 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

We all know and have talked already about the good job CAM did this past year. But I can't help but feel Ed is worth his weight in gold right now. Fantastic hire, it's like the stars aligned to let us swipe him from UCLA (thank goodness he missed Indiana).  I hope we are paying him enough to keep him home. Not to sell any of the other coaches short.

Absolutely this. I knew he was going to be a massive hire but he’s exceeded my high expectations. I’m not sure how long we’ll be able to keep him here but hopefully the administration does it’s best to maximize his tenure. Let’s also not forget that we have him because Sean called him personally.

Something that I think we should start getting used to is waiting patiently for recruits. I know @btownqb feels strongly about TJD committing soon, and I believe him since he’s close to the situation. I do think that he picks IU soon. 

That being said, a lot of these kids will look to get their moment. Whether that’s waiting it out like Romeo, or at least holding off until after their high school season is over... these kids change their minds often. We want them to be sure that they’re sold on coming to IU. 

I’d say that we will probably start seeing at least one spring commit every season. Just my thoughts..

29 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Something that I think we should start getting used to is waiting patiently for recruits. I know @btownqb feels strongly about TJD committing soon, and I believe him since he’s close to the situation. I do think that he picks IU soon. 

That being said, a lot of these kids will look to get their moment. Whether that’s waiting it out like Romeo, or at least holding off until after their high school season is over... these kids change their minds often. We want them to be sure that they’re sold on coming to IU. 

I’d say that we will probably start seeing at least one spring commit every season. Just my thoughts..

I honestly don't see us recruiting this spring unless we're going to have a transfer. We have so many offers out, I'd be surprised if it doesn't fill up by December.

41 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Information changes daily (they're 16-18 year olds, so obviously)... my information was 3-3.5 weeks ago when it was told to me the first time about him committing this week. Then on Monday it was "soon"... no idea when that'll be. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Information changes daily (they're 16-18 year olds, so obviously)... my information was 3-3.5 weeks ago when it was told to me the first time about him committing this week. Then on Monday it was "soon"... no idea when that'll be. 

Yes, and it is not exactly like this is even the first time TJD was close to committing. 

Archived