Trayce Jackson-Davis

29 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

I know you guys do- Love what YOU set up here btw.  Weird that others get credit when they clearly don’t run this place.  It’s the only IU site I read anymore because every time I go to Insidethehall I get a fake amazon/Walmart pop up that takes over my iPhone browser- The only way to exit is to shut down the app.  

That site is corrupted in some way due to all the ads, and I’ve noticed it isn’t encrypted either.  I like what Alex provides, but I literally can’t navigate that site on my phone anymore without a takeover ad. Do others have this issue?  Someone should let Bozich know if others are experiencing what I am because it’s probably hurting his traffic to the site.  This is not me saying paysites are bad btw.  I have no problem with someone providing a service others are willing to pay for.

I’ve experienced that AD for about a year now. It’s pathetic. I’m so proud to see you post about it. Cheers my friend.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ve experienced that AD for about a year now. It’s pathetic. I’m so proud to see you post about it. Cheers my friend.

Thank goodness- I thought I had some hijacked iPhone.  I’m relatively tech savvy and have done everything you can possibly do to prevent the ad, and it still happens 90% of the time I visit that site. Tried on safari and chrome with the exact same results.  It’s going to kill his business/website if he doesn’t clean that up.  I visit the ITH probably 90% less than I used to, and the only reason is because of that annoying intrusive ad- it’s been about a year for me as well. The content is fine, but the setup of the website is garbage.

19 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

You’re not going to let this go are you? This is starting to become my favorite thing to sit back and watch on here.  Mile bashing the pay sites as the mods on here say HSN supports all sites and appreciates the work the paysites do. Keep up the good fight lol

I’ve noticed it too. Mile, what gives? There’s obviously a demand for (people are clearly paying for it) the information people are getting on pay sites. 

5 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

I’ve noticed it too. Mile, what gives? There’s obviously a demand for (people are clearly paying for it) the information people are getting on pay sites. 

He's saying the same thing I'm thinking.  I haven't seen any evidence that the information on the pay sites is any better than the information right here.  That's all.

If you think they have something worth paying for, you should pay for it.  Seems fair.

I will say this for the record, I'm not opposed to a few ads (not the kind that commandeer your computer or phone though) if that's what it takes to keep things going here.  I'm not so entitled that I think I ought to get something for nothing forever.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, hoosier10 said:

You’re not going to let this go are you? This is starting to become my favorite thing to sit back and watch on here.  Mile bashing the pay sites as the mods on here say HSN supports all sites and appreciates the work the paysites do. Keep up the good fight lol

Yeah I don't understand it.  I really like Mile and have always liked what he has brought to this wonderful community but man he is going out of his way to bash the pay sites every single post just about anymore.  I'm a member here and Peegs both.  And read them each day and appreciate all of the info.  I do think people get their money's worth on his site.  They do have a ton of insight and I've seen things in their chat that I don't see anywhere else.  They have a ton of articles and interviews and Matt Weaver is top notch for their football side of things.  I like the posting community here alot better.  Much better conversation and things stay civil much better.  Both sites are great and have good info.  Don't understand the negativity.

6 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Yeah I don't understand it.  I really like Mile and have always liked what he has brought to this wonderful community but man he is going out of his way to bash the pay sites every single post just about anymore.  I'm a member here and Peegs both.  And read them each day and appreciate all of the info.  I do think people get their money's worth on his site.  They do have a ton of insight and I've seen things in their chat that I don't see anywhere else.  They have a ton of articles and interviews and Matt Weaver is top notch for their football side of things.  I like the posting community here alot better.  Much better conversation and things stay civil much better.  Both sites are great and have good info.  Don't understand the negativity.

I find it to be a pride thing.  Mile helped in building this site and community.  While interacting in it every day providing 'insider' info for free, he cannot help but love what he helped to build.  Not to say that he alone built HSN or anything crazy.  It was built by exemplary moderation and a stock of valuable posters.  Back to the main point, much is provided here that other sites require a subscription for.  To Mile, paying isnt worth it.  If someone finds it worth it, thats fine too.  I agree with Mile in that 'free' info might be the way of the future.  Pay sites might have to find another way over time to collect revenue.

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

He runs/moves like Jared Jeffries.

Not sure if I like that. lol. Jared was not one of my favs. I went to a lot of games in that period and we would always count his missed lay ups. He could have been all time leading scorer if he could only make a lay up. lol

2 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

I find it to be a pride thing.  Mile helped in building this site and community.  While interacting in it every day providing 'insider' info for free, he cannot help but love what he helped to build.  Not to say that he alone built HSN or anything crazy.  It was built by exemplary moderation and a stock of valuable posters.  Back to the main point, much is provided here that other sites require a subscription for.  To Mile, paying isnt worth it.  If someone finds it worth it, thats fine too.  I agree with Mile in that 'free' info might be the way of the future.  Pay sites might have to find another way over time to collect revenue.

Thank you, sir. For this post.   I truly appreciate more than you can ever know. Nor how much I could ever express. It truly is a pride thing for me.

Some are taking what I am posting as an alternative to what I have been proposing. And spinning it into their own interpretation. Perhaps, as I have gathered, as a defense, as to why they are willing to pay for information on other sites.  In fact, I have always been one who has said, that I have been a fan of all IU fan sites. And that they all have their rightful place.  And if others have ever paid attention to what I have said.... all IU fan sites have a right full place.  It's just that at HSN, our business model is based on a free flow of information among our members.  Our business model has not chosen to partake in taking money from our members.

Thank you, as well for saying. That you agree with me.  You are not alone, I assure you. And appreciate your confirming my feelings, that pay sites might have to find another way over time to collect revenue.  In no way... do I say that is my way of bashing other IU fan sites.... but rather , my view of what the future can be..... in terms of what John Decker, Terry Hutchins and Ablers attempted to do.....and failed.  Just a portent of the future.

Again... I thank you for this post. It is what I have attempted to get across.  And so glad, that.... at least you... have picked up on that.

Lastly.... I still love what I have helped to build over the last 10 years.  Thanks for recognizing that....as well.

40 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I say bash away Mile.  Pay sites are ridiculous.

As I posted above.  I don't consider it a bashing. Rather, a time of the signs.  They had their time.  It's time to move on and find a new business model.

For me. HSN is the future.  Not the past.

I'll say it if no one else will. I've followed Mile (under a few different names) but as someone who started on message boards in early 90's there isn't a better site than this when you factor in all components (cost, content, and civility).

My Dad taught me a business acronym he used back in the 80's when describing how people/consumers want their products. FACE. Fast Accurate Cheap Easy. Still applies today. Pay sites are and have been dead. People that run IU sites seem friendly and for the most part(couple guys I wish had nothing to do with us) are good people who represent IU in the online world. With that said I'm amazed at either what they don't share or worse yet what they don't know. 

Pay sites=organizing deck shares on the Titanic. Much like print business and cable...those models are gasping for air.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say it if no one else will. I've followed Mile (under a few different names) but as someone who started on message boards in early 90's there isn't a better site than this when you factor in all components (cost, content, and civility).

My Dad taught me a business acronym he used back in the 80's when describing how people/consumers want their products. FACE. Fast Accurate Cheap Easy. Still applies today. Pay sites are and have been dead. People that run IU sites seem friendly and for the most part(couple guys I wish had nothing to do with us) are good people who represent IU in the online world. With that said I'm amazed at either what they don't share or worse yet what they don't know. 

Pay sites=organizing deck shares on the Titanic. Much like print business and cable...those models are gasping for air.

Your words are very much appreciated.  And as an IU School of Business Graduate....I must say that your Dad taught you well.  In fact recall that acronym from my advertising classes at IU.  Something I had forgotten. Yet. No less have  utilized to this date.... promoting Hoosier Sports Nation.  Funny how things one has forgotten are still a part of themselves... even decades later.

And I do appreciate your comments about our site.....cost, content and civility.  Words that are dear to my heart.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you.  0708, Po Hoosier, and ArchieBall13 for your likes to my comments in response to CapnRon.  I love him and you all as well .

No problem...I'm all for anyone trying to make a buck in a legit manner...as finance is my professional world. But you do make an interesting/valid point, that the flow of information and pace of change leads to continuous disrupted industries (this could likely be one among many). Not to get too philosophical/political, but I think it's an important matter for our society to help willing/competent workers in society along as technology continues to disrupt/eliminate their jobs/entire industries. It seems likely there will come points where there just aren't as many jobs out there in the job pool moving forward as there were back in the day.

Alright, now that I've completely derailed the thread :jumprope:    

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

As I posted above.  I don't consider it a bashing. Rather, a time of the signs.  They had their time.  It's time to move on and find a new business model.

For me. HSN is the future.  Not the past.

I couldn't agree more, and love what you guys have here. Hsn is the future just like iu 😃

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

No problem...I'm all for anyone trying to make a buck in a legit manner...as finance is my professional world. But you do make an interesting/valid point, that the flow of information and pace of change leads to continuous disrupted industries (this could likely be one among many). Not to get too philosophical/political, but I think it's an important matter for our society to help willing/competent workers in society along as technology continues to disrupt/eliminate their jobs/entire industries. It seems likely there will come points where there just aren't as many jobs out there in the job pool moving forward as there were back in the day.

Alright, now that I've completely derailed the thread :jumprope:    

Universal Basic Income is the only way around it as automation gets better and better. 

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lets stop with politics, talk about other sites and get back on track because this MOD/Admin will lock up this thread. TJD deserves his own thread. Thank you.

Politics?  I thought this was economics?  My bad.

Archived