Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Is it bad that I am already nervous for this recruitment?  As well as the Keion Brooks and Watford recruitment, I want two of these three almost as bad as I wanted Romeo.  

Don't think you need to be nervous on this one

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't think you need to be nervous on this one

I've always thought we'd get TJD and either Watford or Brooks.  Possibly all 3 though I doubt it.   I'm only nervous about landing a quality guard.  I know we're in on a bunch of them but it doesn't seem like we lead for any.  We must land a quality guard in 2019 if Romeo is gone which I'd say is 95%.

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've always thought we'd get TJD and either Watford or Brooks.  Possibly all 3 though I doubt it.   I'm only nervous about landing a quality guard.  I know we're in on a bunch of them but it doesn't seem like we lead for any.  We must land a quality guard in 2019 if Romeo is gone which I'd say is 95%.

Agree. I will say, guards tend to want to play with studs of other positions.. get Watford and TJD I think a top guard is a when and not an if.. or always the possibility of a grad transfer

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. I will say, guards tend to want to play with studs of other positions.. get Watford and TJD I think a top guard is a when and not an if.. or always the possibility of a grad transfer

That’s always a nice fall back these days. Kind of like a cheat code for top schools but I’m not complaining.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd rather get TJD in the fold sooner rather than later. Unlike Romeo, I think our chances diminish the longer he waits. 

I agree wholeheartedly on the guard.  Damezi might be able to step into that role. We will need some depth there for sure. 

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

This is almost the exact reason why I never entertained if Devonte was going to transfer. Once Romeo is gone, even if we get a good Freshman...that freshman will still be a freshman and we will need some senior leadership. DG will be getting a lot of minutes in 2019. 

I also think it's very possible Devonte could thrive more as a second ball handler next to RP or Al. Of course we'll need need to see how his shot improves in 2018 before I can make a confident assessment about 2019.  But it's interesting to speculate how his role could slightly alter based on necessity. OR is this what Archie is envisioning and the reason he's not going after guards as heavily in the 2019 class? 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

This is almost the exact reason why I never entertained if Devonte was going to transfer. Once Romeo is gone, even if we get a good Freshman...that freshman will still be a freshman and we will need some senior leadership. DG will be getting a lot of minutes in 2019. 

I also think it's very possible Devonte could thrive more as a second ball handler next to RP or Al. Of course we'll need need to see how his shot improves in 2018 before I can make a confident assessment about 2019.  But it's interesting to speculate how his role could slightly alter based on necessity. OR is this what Archie is envisioning and the reason he's not going after guards as heavily in the 2019 class? 

It sure seems like Archie is going after guards pretty heavily in 2019.  Haven't we offered about 10 of them?

45 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Patience is a virtue.  I've got no inside information but I'm perfectly happy with how long Romeo took to decide.  If TJD and others take just as long, it won't be any skin off my back if it remains the same result!

I just hope that Trayce is saying he's not making any decision soon because he doesn't want to have regrets, and not just trying to extend his recruitment out in order to gain more hype/media attention from fan bases. 

I think it's the former though. Trayce seems like a really good kid.

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

If you could say something like, "you'd have to have the intelligence of a banana to think we could get all three" I would feel a lot better about our chances to get all three. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It sure seems like Archie is going after guards pretty heavily in 2019.  Haven't we offered about 10 of them?

You’re right. I just get swept up in all the talk of getting TJD, Brooks and Watford, which would only leave one spot open for a guard. We’ll see how it plays out. 

26 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You’re right. I just get swept up in all the talk of getting TJD, Brooks and Watford, which would only leave one spot open for a guard. We’ll see how it plays out. 

Actually we don't have one spot open for a guard if we get all 3, we'd be oversigned by 1 (which would be fixed if Romeo is one and done). We'd still need another exit besides Romeo to get all 3 and a guard.

Archived