Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Max said:

I don’t think we absolutely must have a guard in the 2019 class but sure think it would be prudent to do so. Don’t forget Al, RP and Damezi.

Damezi is not a guard, and I have heard nobody say he ever will be.  Archie has said Hunter might play the 2 in college.  If Al is our 2 guard in 2019 we are in trouble no matter who is in the front court.

1 hour ago, bstall76 said:

Damezi is not a guard, and I have heard nobody say he ever will be.  Archie has said Hunter might play the 2 in college.  If Al is our 2 guard in 2019 we are in trouble no matter who is in the front court.

Never said he was a guard. Regardless, hands up and stepping back. Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers. Just saying we have versatility, enough to be ok, hypothetically. 

This is all hypothetical. All hypothetical.

Did I mention this is hypothetical?

3 hours ago, bstall76 said:

Damezi.. at this point in time is absolutely more of a "guard" than Hunter. He's a better ball handler and pretty sure he is a tad quicker. Hunter might, MIGHT play some 2. I don't see it happening. We are not in trouble if Al is the 2 guard in 2019, he wont be, but we won't be in trouble. Remember ppl do develop. 

Romeo stays:

2019- 1. RP 2. DG 3. Romeo 

If he doesn't- 1. RP 2. DG 3. TBD 

3 hours ago, bstall76 said:

Al has a better stroke than you think.  I'll bet he's a gym rat this summer and makes you eat those words.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Al has a better stroke than you think.  I'll bet he's a gym rat this summer and makes you eat those words.

Al is a jumper away from being a very good player. 

Can’t just forget how strong he started his frosh season. Didn’t turn it over for a long time, as a frosh. He kind of hit the frosh Wall later — which is pretty typical. 

Tend to think he can make a big jump with the soph jump thing. If he proves he’s a real gym rat this summer and gets a decent to good jumper going....

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Can’t just forget how strong he started his frosh season. Didn’t turn it over for a long time, as a frosh. He kind of hit the frosh Wall later — which is pretty typical. 

Tend to think he can make a big jump with the soph jump thing. If he proves he’s a real gym rat this summer and gets a decent to good jumper going....

Gotta agree here. He looked very good. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

To add on...I thought he started to come on a little towards the end of the year too. In the last 6 games of the year, he went 11-18 from the field, 14-17 from the FT line, 4 turnovers.

Somebody wanna get me a shout out?  I posted a prediction that TJD would be a McD AA when he was still only ranked like 80th or something like that.  I saw his mobility and skills back then and he went to the top of my 2019 list.  But if Trace is my 1A then I like Brooks though as 1B. 

30 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Somebody wanna get me a shout out?  I posted a prediction that TJD would be a McD AA when he was still only ranked like 80th or something like that.  I saw his mobility and skills back then and he went to the top of my 2019 list.  But if Trace is my 1A then I like Brooks though as 1B. 

Will Bananas do????   :nansplit::nansplit:

Ok so 247 has him listed at 6'8" and being a center. Is that accurate? If we need a true center, I want a guy taller than 6'8". Not discounting his talent or ability at all, just trying to understand. I would still love to get him, but someone fill me in. If he is a center and growing, great, let's pair him with Brooks and Watford both!

Archived