Trayce Jackson-Davis

On 5/17/2018 at 9:13 AM, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only person who finds it absolutely comical that Crean thinks he is going to start getting top-flight Indiana kids now? 

You know that Crean always recruited out of state kids better than in state, right?

😁

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

Have you watched any of Hunter?  He’s absolutely more of a guard than Anderson.  He actually handles the ball and takes people off of the dribble, all at 6’7”.  CAM has even said that Hunter will play the 2.  Obviously he will probably slide over to the 3 with Romeo on board, but CAM said that before Romeo’s commitment.  Hunter wasn’t ranked the 49th best prospect in the nation for nothing.  People are sleeping on him and I’m not sure why.

Also when did I say I was down on Hunter?

FWIW, TJD liked this tweet associated with my story.  Does it mean he agrees or is he just a nice guy that goes out of his way to like coverage of him.  I suspect the latter, but take it for what it's worth.

Also, shameless plug, please give me a follow on Twitter if you haven't already.  Thanks for all of your support HSN!

7 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

FWIW, TJD liked this tweet associated with my story.  Does it mean he agrees or is he just a nice guy that goes out of his way to like coverage of him.  I suspect the latter, but take it for what it's worth.

Also, shameless plug, please give me a follow on Twitter if you haven't already.  Thanks for all of your support HSN!

It also drives the point home that recruits notice what is said about them.  Some folks used to insist that recruits didn't read forums like this, but without question, they do (and the wrong fan messages can damage a school in the eyes of the recruit).  I can't remember which recruit did it, but one actually referenced one of our fan forums in an interview.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It also drives the point home that recruits notice what is said about them.  Some folks used to insist that recruits didn't read forums like this, but without question, they do (and the wrong fan messages can damage a school in the eyes of the recruit).  I can't remember which recruit did it, but one actually referenced one of our fan forums in an interview.

That's true, and I am guilty of saying that recruits and players and parents aren't paying attention to this stuff.  I was wrong.  I have seen countless examples on Twitter, facebook and elsewhere.  It is a bit uncomfortable when players and parents start following you -- you wonder if you are going to say the wrong thing.

15 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That's true, and I am guilty of saying that recruits and players and parents aren't paying attention to this stuff.  I was wrong.  I have seen countless examples on Twitter, facebook and elsewhere.  It is a bit uncomfortable when players and parents start following you -- you wonder if you are going to say the wrong thing.

Don’t stress bud. You’re going about it very well. Just keep it honest and unbiased and you won’t go wrong. A little positivity looks good for us but it shouldn’t be forced or over the top. Overall consider me one of the ones who approves and appreciates your approach and writing.

56 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Don’t stress bud. You’re going about it very well. Just keep it honest and unbiased and you won’t go wrong. A little positivity looks good for us but it shouldn’t be forced or over the top. Overall consider me one of the ones who approves and appreciates your approach and writing.

Same here. I enjoy your writing. 

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Recruits, players, families everyone reads the boards. With that said as long as you shoot it straight...90% of the folks won't have an issue. There will always be people who will be critical. Nature of your business.

I will say this. Being a native of Illinois I can tell you they have about 3-4 guys from around the state that didn't do Weber or Groce or even now Underwood any favors. Not saying you have to write puff pieces but trashing a kid in public is never a good look. Best of luck with it! I always enjoy your articles.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:00 PM, FKIM01 said:

I know that Gary Harris mentioned Peegs once during his recruitment... a Peegster had stated that his mom played for Purdue and that we didn’t need any handmedowns. 

That may or may not have ultimately had any impact on his decision, but the fact that one of our idiotic fans would say that baffles me. I know that every program has fans like that, I just wish that ours didn’t have an Internet connection. 

I played for HSE Coach Satterfield(Gary Harris’ coach) when he was an assistant under Larry Bullington and talk to him once in awhile... he said the reason that Harris didn’t go to IU was Crean. So the kids probably don’t take anything too serious, but who really knows?

3 hours ago, iufaninand said:

If there is any truth to Romeos recruitment and their association with Adidas, does it concern anyone that TJD plays for a team sponsored by Nike?

Worth bringing it up for sure. Yeah, for sure to a degree. How big or small is subjective.

21 hours ago, iufaninand said:

If there is any truth to Romeos recruitment and their association with Adidas, does it concern anyone that TJD plays for a team sponsored by Nike?

These shoe companies throw Millions towards top 5 recruits, I don’t believe TJD falls in their category?

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Where did he say this? Unless someone is transferring, we don't have a spot open for him...

On his radio show but he is couching it with "may" and "might" and "don't be surprised" language.  Said he heard it from a friend who asked to remain anonymous.

Archived