Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StainIU said:

Why would TJD re classifying be disappointing? 

I guess because we have no scholarships right now.  Also if he does re classify it more than likely means he is thinking of being one and done so even if he comes he and Romeo probably would leave after this year.  If this happens then that would take one player away from that class.

3 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Shocked. Hadn’t imagined TJD going anywhere other than IU. If true could it mean an IU player will transfer?

It could mean he really wants to play with Romeo and thinks he could be a missing piece on a special team. With our numbers, that might mean a transfer or little confidence in Davis' return.

I'm worried some other team got to him by promising more playing time, a featured role and quicker path to the NBA.

Thought it was the Gods talking to me. I turn on Dakich for the first time in months and that's what I heard as well. He also immediately said there will be a scholarship for him if he needs one. Would be awesome if true plus DD is pretty easy to read. I think he was kind of out of the loop on Romeo...maybe he's trying to drum up some interest again.

Either way if this happens. Wow...

Edit-regarding scholarship issue. First...I think legislation will be passed by this summer. If grades are up you can leave. Secondly...and I know this is an issue for some. Archie retained all of Crean recruits. He's entitled to some trimming if he thinks it's in the best interests of IU and HIS team. 

Just now, ADegenerate said:

Scholarship issue only. It would be amazing if somebody leaves on their own volition but whom?

Probably Moore. We saw photos of Davis, Smith, Thompson at Romeo's game. Juwan is obviously returning. Forrester was excited about this recruiting class and can find playing time once Juwan and Fitzner leave. Moore is the only returning guy that didn't get any PT and is being recruited over. 

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I can't see him getting a ton of minutes next year at IU. We have a ton of depth up front and Bigs are slower to develop. Would he be content to come off the bench just to play at IU this year and be groomed to really shine as a Soph?

5 star guys don't reclassify to come off bench. Just my 2 cents. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Probably Moore. We saw photos of Davis, Smith, Thompson at Romeo's game. Juwan is obviously returning. Forrester was excited about this recruiting class and can find playing time once Juwan and Fitzner leave. Moore is the only returning guy that didn't get any PT and is being recruited over. 

That’s the one that sprung to mind. He’ll play big minutes if he comes @Reacher. I’m fairly confident of that.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

5 star guys don't reclassify to come off bench. Just my 2 cents. 

If he comes this year will he bump Smith to the bench? Start ahead of Davis and Fitzner and Thompson? I know what you are saying and to me TJD reclassifying would signal him going somewhere else if he wants playing time. Davis was highly ranked and we saw how he struggled on D. 

OR he wants to play with Romeo badly and feels this can be a really special team that he does not want to miss out on. In that case, maybe he is ok with lesser minutes. Even if he did start, would he get more than 20+ minutes with all of our depth? The quick path to the NBA would be somewhere else with a featured role and more PT

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

If he comes this year will he bump Smith to the bench? Start ahead of Davis and Fitzner and Thompson? I know what you are saying and to me TJD reclassifying would signal him going somewhere else if he wants playing time. Davis was highly ranked and we saw how he struggled on D. 

OR he wants to play with Romeo badly and feels this can be a really special team that he does not want to miss out on. In that case, maybe he is ok with lesser minutes. Even if he did start, would he get more than 20+ minutes with all of our depth? The quick path to the NBA would be somewhere else with a featured role and more PT

I'm sure the guys who posted about TJD earlier this spring will post what they know. To me based on what they said...IF he reclassifies it says IU. I think he's IU either way though but maybe playing with Romeo is very, very enticing. Fitzner and Thompson are off the bench guys to me either way. If healthy Davis would battle with TJD...but no word on Davis recovery except for the photo we saw last month. 

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ve posted a few times reclassification is the way to go for 5 Stars. You’re getting that one and done age but you get the extra year with college strength coaches and college players.

Agree all day. Especially if one and done is going away. Crean hinted at that in his interview yesterday. Maybe TJD says I need to start the clock this year? Take a look at Jaren Jackson. Maybe TJD is thinking I can do that too. 

11 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ve posted a few times reclassification is the way to go for 5 Stars. You’re getting that one and done age but you get the extra year with college strength coaches and college players.

edit: implying that they stay the second year.

This is a great point.  

9 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

edit: implying that they stay the second year.

To me this makes sense. Learn the system and develop this year and next year with Morgan and Fitzner gone, be featured as the alpha dog of the front court. Maybe he is ready for major minutes this year and if so, great!

Archived