Trayce Jackson-Davis

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hardly a day goes by, that I don't learn something about our great family of Hoosier Sports Nation members.  Never knew you were a professional poker player.  Gotta say... knowing my skills at the game.... I am truly impressed. 

I had a hell of a run and made it pretty close to the top but I never had the brains to make it to the highest level and that was always my foolish ambition. it eliminated any chance of happiness, ruined the enjoyment of the process and my success as it came, or any real shot at a lifetime of a comfortable living.

I played for the wrong reasons but I don’t regret any of it. I chased my dream and lived it for almost a decade. 6 of it in Vegas (moved there at 21 in ‘05) and the rest of it online. I’m very happy that the government banned online poker shortly after I moved home because it was killing me and making me a miserable person. I had 0 work life balance. I don’t have hundreds of thousands of dollars anymore and I’ve set myself back many years for my second career but I’m happier now than I’ve ever been and I’ve grown as a person.

Its amazing just how many people want to talk to you about basketball when you’re wearing an IU hoodie talking to people from all over the world. They perk up and get happy to actually talk ball with an actual Hoosier.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I had a hell of a run and made it pretty close to the top but I never had the brains to make it to the highest level and that was always my foolish ambition. it eliminated any chance of happiness, ruined the enjoyment of the process and my success as it came, or any real shot at a lifetime of a comfortable living.

I played for the wrong reasons but I don’t regret any of it. I chased my dream and lived it for almost a decade. 6 of it in Vegas (moved there at 21 in ‘05) and the rest of it online. I’m very happy that the government banned online poker shortly after I moved home because it was killing me and making me a miserable person. I had 0 work life balance. I don’t have hundreds of thousands of dollars anymore and I’ve set myself back many years for my second career but I’m happier now than I’ve ever been and I’ve grown as a person.

Its amazing just how many people want to talk to you about basketball when you’re wearing an IU hoodie talking to people from all over the world. They perk up and get happy to actually talk ball with an actual Hoosier.

Thank you for sharing. I've said it before, and I will say it again, and most likely more times into the future.  It's these kinds of posts, which, as far as I am concerned sets Hoosier Sports Nation apart from other fan boards.  Here, you , and many others are more than just a user name.  Thanks for being a part of the Hoosier Sports Nation family.

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Maybe that is his burner account. 

Based on so many inconsistencies in the past, like "talked to Steve, and he will be IU's next Head BB coach."  How are we to believe his twitter account got hacked.  Dak has a history of trashing things that don't go his way.  That's the main reason, I stopped listening to his radio show.  If a caller came on with something Dan did not like, Dan would just get rid of them.... and call them names.

Anyway, here is Dan about getting hacked, and asking for help. This is from Feb of this year. So is he saying he got hacked again ? Anyway,  love the GIF solution :

Dan Dakich on Twitter: "Got hacked on here about some coin thing..what’s my move?"

Also, love some of the other solutions, including the one about Louisville.  Quite apparent we are not the only ones that feel the way about Dan, as some of us here do. 

On 5/30/2018 at 9:57 PM, ADegenerate said:

Very interesting life story.  Thanks for sharing.  Were you using math and statistics in your game?

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Very interesting life story.  Thanks for sharing.  Were you using math and statistics in your game?

Not a problem. I don’t really like talking about myself so it’s nice to actually get it out there. More for cathartic reasons rather than for attention.

Its insane how nuanced and complex the game is and what it takes to be successful and have longevity in it. I could write you a 50,000 page paper on howso and that wouldn’t even begin to touch the surface. I was always much more street smart than book smart but I was smart enough to learn the math necessary to have a solid enough base so yes I definitely incoporated both into my game. Fortunately it doesn’t take complex mathmathitcs to be successful and in fact some ppl can get by on effectively instinct and feeling alone (within reason of course, you need some math involved even if you don’t understand why or how you know what to do). If you do have a deep base for math/statistics then that’s definitely an asset in your arsenal but the game really is almost a perfect trio of math, science, and art (creativity/subtlety) so there’s myriad of ways to win over the long haul.

3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Not a problem. I don’t really like talking about myself so it’s nice to actually get it out there. More for cathartic reasons rather than for attention.

Its insane how nuanced and complex the game is and what it takes to be successful and have longevity in it. I could write you a 50,000 page paper on howso and that wouldn’t even begin to touch the surface. I was always much more street smart than book smart but I was smart enough to learn the math necessary to have a solid enough base so yes I definitely incoporated both into my game. Fortunately it doesn’t take complex mathmathitcs to be successful and in fact some ppl can get by on effectively instinct and feeling alone (within reason of course, you need some math involved even if you don’t understand why or how you know what to do). If you do have a deep base for math/statistics then that’s definitely an asset in your arsenal but the game really is almost a perfect trio of math, science, and art (creativity/subtlety) so there’s myriad of ways to win over the long haul.

Math is hard.

7 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

What gives that impression?

Difficult to understand, as well,  considering the email to my today.  TJD, when asked, said no one is working harder to recruit him than Archie. 

Now, maybe there is something going on, that I have not been made aware of.  But as of today.... Crystal Ball is still 100% IU. 

50 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The concern is probably coming form a Rivals report which I've linked to in our Daily Report.  I won't say that I'm concerned yet, but it probably isn't going to plan either.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-free-iu-coverage-and-recruiting-news-06-4/

I think that reads like a kid just saying that contrary to other reports....I'm open and we'll see. No problem doing that at all. Sometimes when guys like Dakich or others in media want to throw crap out there you have to expect a little blow back. To me this article is no big deal.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think that reads like a kid just saying that contrary to other reports....I'm open and we'll see. No problem doing that at all. Sometimes when guys like Dakich or others in media want to throw crap out there you have to expect a little blow back. To me this article is no big deal.

I agree.  I think Romeo so perfected the model with how to handle the recruiting hustlers out there that guys like TJD are almost certainly taking notes.

42 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

We need a commitment asap.

Lol, relax. The only thing that matters is that he ends up at IU. It wouldn't make it any better if he committed early and then decided to decommit later on.

As for the article, what else should we expect a kid to say? Pretty much every player's recruitment is "wide open" until they sign with a program. Not to mention, the whole "wide open" aspect of it isn't entirely true. TJD says in the article, “I will probably cut my list in August to five or seven schools.” You wouldn't be planning on cutting a list in the near future if you were taking things slow.

Based on his OV plans, at the very least, IU is in his top 3, along with Mich St and UCLA. Unless something changed recently, all the buzz is around IU.

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The concern is probably coming form a Rivals report which I've linked to in our Daily Report.  I won't say that I'm concerned yet, but it probably isn't going to plan either.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-free-iu-coverage-and-recruiting-news-06-4/

DJ  Carton is 5'10.5" & 6'0" in shoes.  Makes his athleticism that much more impressive.

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

How will everyone react when he visits Purdue, and at least 2 major blue bloods? This one is far from the done deal some of us thought it was over the winter.

I'll probably laugh knowing that Purdue is talking to him about being a big man program with only one big man that played at all in the NBA last year -- and he spent most of his season in the G League.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'll probably laugh knowing that Purdue is talking to him about being a big man program with only one big man that played at all in the NBA last year -- and he spent most of his season in the G League.

Haha yea...our bigs have actually been more successful in the NBA than Purdue (probably our "weakest" area under Crean and Painter's perceived best). Ouch.

Archived