Trayce Jackson-Davis

3 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

How will everyone react when he visits Purdue, and at least 2 major blue bloods? This one is far from the done deal some of us thought it was over the winter.

After talking with the CG FR coach, who is one of my best friends, this evening... he said he would be literally shocked if its anyone but IU. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

How will everyone react when he visits Purdue, and at least 2 major blue bloods? This one is far from the done deal some of us thought it was over the winter.

Can we wait until 2 blue bloods actually start recruiting him to react?  Don’t mean to be that guy but the current list of schools isn’t all that impressive unless it’s changed recently.  End of the day, if these so called 5 star in state  talents wish to take their game to anywhere but IU, I wish them the Best but clearly their not HOOSIERS.  ROMEO was a must get, can’t say that about the other 2 other than the idea of locking down the state but there is equal talent elsewhere.  If either wants to be a Hoosier, they would be HOOSIERS.

20 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

If either wants to be a Hoosier, they would be HOOSIERS.

I dunno, I would take my time if I were in their shoes.  I would have to make a decision that was right for me, not fans, hangers-on, or otherwise.  Best way to make a decision that impacts your life in a big big way is to way all options taking your time.  Again, as has been said many many times, I would rather they took their time and commit to IU later than to commit now and open up the recruitment later.

As to Hoosiers, I appreciate all Hoosier born talent at the next level.  If they came to IU, then its appreciated infinitely more.

I get that but I’m dreaming of becoming that Juggernaut of a Dynasty that it is once again a Privilege to play for this storied program vs “let me think about it and get back to you”!  I can’t help but anguish the thought that there choosing IU because it was in their best “interest” as an instate player.  That’s not TRUE Hoosiers!  

59 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I get that but I’m dreaming of becoming that Juggernaut of a Dynasty that it is once again a Privilege to play for this storied program vs “let me think about it and get back to you”!  I can’t help but anguish the thought that there choosing IU because it was in their best “interest” as an instate player.  That’s not TRUE Hoosiers!  

I respect your passion but we’ve got quite a few levels to rise up to before we can get to the levels that you’re talking about. At least now we can contemplate that being a possibility and not a crazy pipe dream. Let’s see how much growth we make in season and also see how this ‘19 class pans out. We’re in a great spot right now. Let’s enjoy this while we’re trending upwards! 

And don't forget, just because he is a 5* player form Indiana doesn't mean Indiana is the best fit for his playing style.  Or that there is room for him to start over say another 5* player or even 4* senior.  Not every Indiana kid can come to IU.  But that doesn't make them less of a hoosier. 

This line at the end of the Rivals article made me chuckle:

“Practically the entire Big Ten has already prioritized Jackson-Davis and with others including Memphis, UCLA, Purdue and Kansas remaining in the picture, it will be no easy task for him to reach a decision.”

Even college basketball writers can’t remember what conference Purdue is in.

As for TJD’s recruitment, I’m not getting anxious at all.  Archie got Romeo, he can do no wrong.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

And don't forget, just because he is a 5* player form Indiana doesn't mean Indiana is the best fit for his playing style.  Or that there is room for him to start over say another 5* player or even 4* senior.  Not every Indiana kid can come to IU.  But that doesn't make them less of a hoosier. 

(Gasp)....   Say it aint so!!  :panic:

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

With all due respect, what in the hell program are you talking about that has a class full of elite talent that doesn't even consider another school? This seems like some pipe dream that you are upset isn't a reality. 

It's honestly about like @bluegrassIU thinking he can get a girl with all her teeth to go out with him. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

With all due respect, what in the hell program are you talking about that has a class full of elite talent that doesn't even consider another school? This seems like some pipe dream that you are upset isn't a reality. 

It's honestly about like @bluegrassIU thinking he can get a girl with all her teeth to go out with him. 

I was confused until you provided the blue analogy. Thanks for clearing up :coffee:

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Well, a partial pick-me-up.

Fair point with the watford one haha. Still feels good to know that the time & effort the staff is putting into recruiting TJD is apparently paying off. Also, if people can't gauge where Hurt is leaning towards, that bodes well for IU. 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I was going to debate you on this but you are right.  Good catch. That is crazy.  He is just an incredible athlete!

Yeah...I was pretty surprised when the camp numbers got posted (thanks to BoomBaby).  Also surprising that Watford is taller than TJD.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah...I was pretty surprised when the camp numbers got posted (thanks to BoomBaby).  Also surprising that Watford is taller than TJD.

He isn't. Trayce is 6'10

And I'm confused with the Carton comments.. the US National team listed him at 6'3? 

Also.. you see Doyel's that mentioned Mekhi Lairy :)

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

He isn't. Trayce is 6'10

And I'm confused with the Carton comments.. the US National team listed him at 6'3? 

Also.. you see Doyel's that mentioned Mekhi Lairy :)

Yes he is. Look at the 2019 recruiting hub.  Official measurements for the U18 team.

...and 6'3" for Carton is a solid three inches too much. Again, look at the same official measurements post in the 2019 hub.

...and yes...I saw the Lairy comments. I hope he does well in college and proves size doesn't matter as much as everything thinks.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yes he is. Look at the 2019 recruiting hub.  Official measurements for the U18 team.

...and 6'3" for Carton is a solid three inches too much. Again, look at the same official measurements post in the 2019 hub.

...and yes...I saw the Lairy comments. I hope he does well in college and proves size doesn't matter as much as everything thinks.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

The stick they were measuring must've been cut lol 

My buddy, who's the FR coach at CG, is 6'6-6'7 and he is significantly taller than he is. 

On the U18 website they list him at 6'10

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The stick they were measuring must've been cut lol 

My buddy, who's the FR coach at CG, is 6'6-6'7 and he is significantly taller than he is. 

On the U18 website they list him at 6'10

His hair probably adds a couple of inches (see Chevy Chase in "Fletch") but you know how it is...everybody lies about their height in basketball. 😋

I don't read too much into him saying his recruitment is wide open.  I believe that most of what these kids say are lip service to a certain extent.  After all, he listed three schools that he wanted to visit, and the first school he listed was IU even though he's been here like 20 times already. 

Gonna report back to you people.... just as I did heading down the stretch with Romeo.  Second, time in about a week, I have reached out about TJD.   And second time.... confirmed... as of today...... nothing to worry about .

Can that change, over time ?  Of course it can.  But as to today... rest your fears.  He's still IU, all the way.   Locked ?  Can't say that.  Same as I could not say that about Romeo.  But all signs, currently point to B-town.  Just like they did with Romeo. 

Leave your change in the till..... on the way out.   LOL

Archived