Trayce Jackson-Davis

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Gonna report back to you people.... just as I did heading down the stretch with Romeo.  Second, time in about a week, I have reached out about TJD.   And second time.... confirmed... as of today...... nothing to worry about .

Can that change, over time ?  Of course it can.  But as to today... rest your fears.  He's still IU, all the way.   Locked ?  Can't say that.  Same as I could not say that about Romeo.  But all signs, currently point to B-town.  Just like they did with Romeo. 

Leave your change in the till..... on the way out.   LOL

Thank you very much. Kids can change minds all the time but if we feel pretty good about him...can't hurt when talking with other 2-3 priorities. This 2019 class could be a special one. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

And TJD knows it.  Especially if Romeo stays an extra year. 

I do get amazed at some of the stuff you see on twitter. Some random guy who says he's father of the year and follower of Christ in his bio basically says that if IU doesn't land TJD, Brooks and 1 of either Carton or Watford we can't be real happy about getting Romeo because no follow up in the next recruiting class. 

Someone needs to remind some of our fans Archie's been on the job for 14 months. Max. 

18 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I'm not sure how the comments you quoted discount his identifying as a follower of Christ??

Because followers of Christ can't have outrageous opinions unless they preface it with "God told me..." :coffee:

29 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I'm not sure how the comments you quoted discount his identifying as a follower of Christ??

It's in the same realm of the guy who is banging beers until he can't stand all the while talking about how he's trying to be the best Dad possible. Just seems odd to me. My apologies.

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

Because followers of Christ can't have outrageous opinions unless they preface it with "God told me..." :coffee:

This is just for humor, not a religious comment -- but one of my favorite bumper stickers spotted on the road read: "God, please help protect me from your followers" -- that's classic.

Saw over the weekend I think from Zagoria. Iowa and entire staff is planning on being front/center for TJD this week in Canada. If TJD is pretty high on 1 school and that seems to be the prevailing thought among people here and elsewhere....why would a staff invest all of those resources/time/appearance equity for 1 guy who is likely headed elsewhere? Just seemed odd to me.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw over the weekend I think from Zagoria. Iowa and entire staff is planning on being front/center for TJD this week in Canada. If TJD is pretty high on 1 school and that seems to be the prevailing thought among people here and elsewhere....why would a staff invest all of those resources/time/appearance equity for 1 guy who is likely headed elsewhere? Just seemed odd to me.

Desperation

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They were told a school that Starts with 'I' and ends with 'A' is in the lead, and they misunderstood.  :coffee:

37 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

fran-mccaffery-mad.jpgIndeed it would and it’s obviously a ridiculous longshot. I do love me some Fran for schadenfreude reasons. That guy can rage with the best of them and it’s pretty amusing.

37 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Not just Fran.  But his wife has been known to come out of the stands, only to get thrown out of the house by the referees.  Great family there. 

Back to Fran.  He has got to lead the B1G in ejections.  Here are just two :

Fran McCaffery Ejected From Game vs. Maryland 

Fran McCaffery tossed

And there are other times, when he deliberately went after the ref.  Did not get ejected.  Because the game was over.

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Sometimes I turn on Iowa games solely because I’m hoping for a Franimal sighting. The Francon chart is one of the funniest things I have seen. 

I'll admit I like Fran. He's a good young roster with some talent on the way. Will be curious to see after this next 3 year cycle if Iowa basketball fans get antsy again. 

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^ Old School vs New School. 

Knight was not the only B1G coach to throw a chair :

Iowa's McCaffery throws a  chair  at his players

Thanks for a good video. I understand his competitiveness and passion, but what a knucklehead. 

Knight survived the fiasco because he did that in the 80's and was a championship coach. McCaffrey needs to look in the mirror and calm down. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll admit I like Fran. He's a good young roster with some talent on the way. Will be curious to see after this next 3 year cycle if Iowa basketball fans get antsy again. 

As much as I like to laugh at him, I think he is better coach than he gets credit for at times.  

Archived